gc8

Hiding playable AIs

Hi

I'm doing MP mission where there is several playable units but the problem is that I don't want the units to be around if no player has taken contol of that unit. So is there some built in or other way to hide the playable units that are controlled by the AI?

thanks!

Think I found the solution. "Enable AI" from multiplayer settings seems to do the trick.

• Like 1

why it needs to be forced?

It doesn't. This was your question:

On 11/19/2017 at 3:29 PM, gc8 said:

Hi

I'm doing MP mission where there is several playable units but the problem is that I don't want the units to be around if no player has taken contol of that unit. So is there some built in or other way to hide the playable units that are controlled by the AI?

thanks!

You didn't say you didn't want it to be forced.

@HazJ I just mean what's the advantage of forced setting? I guess everything in description.ext overrides the mission settings from the editor so I might just need to use description.ext so I can more easily port my mission to different maps.

Edit: It would also me great to have the mission settings exported to description.ext but not sure if this is possible.

Doing it in the description.ext forces it off, you cannot enable it in the lobby without changing it again the description.ext file. You might as well do it like this if you don't need the AI to fill playable slots.

• Thanks 1