75th-VFS-Striker

NPC Dialogue Tutorial?

I've been looking at a lot of Youtube videos but still haven't been able to find any really good information on this. In the original ArmaIII campaign, Captain Miller stands at a table and talks and his character is very animated moving around and pointing.

What I want to know is this very difficult to do?

I would like to create NPC where you walk up to them and get information. They don't have to be that animated but I would like them to talk using pre-recorded dialogue. I've also seen missions where a text area pops up in front of them and you have to select it to initiate the conversation.

Are there any good tutorials on doing these things?

Check out Feuerex YT tutorials....

RGR & thanks, I found his tutorials but he goes through stuff so fast it's a little hard to follow. I'll view them again and see if it's something I can work up to. I was hoping that there was something a little slower paced for someone at my level.

I would personally suggest re-watching Feuerex's and other similar videos multiple times, given the wealth of knowledge often found therein. I am trying to learn some scripting knowledge myself, and I find that sometimes you just have to watch these videos quite a few times before they really start to click. Or maybe that's just me durpp :)

I would also suggest H8termaker's videos on dialogs.. I learned a lot from them recently.

Thank you, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'll also check out H8termaker's as well but can't find them. Would you happen to have a link to the videos or Youtube channel?

BI's own @Jezuro's forum post on using the conversation system (old but still relevant).

Heres an example mission I done which has a conversation (hope it still works have not test it in a while).

Animations should be easy enough to plug in where the code replys to a conversation

• Like 2

On 11/17/2017 at 3:39 PM, Evil Organ said:

Check out Feuerex YT tutorials....

Is lip sync actually working now?

Last time I tried the sound got all chopped up and no lip syncing happened, using the wav2lip tool and both files named the same except file extension...

Cheers

On 11/19/2017 at 6:32 AM, Larrow said:

BI's own @Jezuro's forum post on using the conversation system (old but still relevant).

Heres an example mission I done which has a conversation (hope it still works have not test it in a while).

Animations should be easy enough to plug in where the code replys to a conversation

Thank you very much. This is all very helpful. I downloaded your mission and I'll check it out today.