PSYKO_nz

Game Crashing (crashes pc most times), tried everything, d3d error, reports, dmps etc uploaded

I'm not very happy with arma at the moment this issue started on friday (NZ time). Up until about 5pm NZDT arma had been functioning perfectly...  8 hour sessions most  days during the weeks pryor.

Now not though
the game is crashing and crashing hard, most of the time crashing the whole PC....

i assumed that a crash that hard was most likely hardware based so i have done everything.

checked and updated all drivers, even installed the latest windows update (thought that might have been causing the crash by it trying to install while i was playing)

ran stress/torture tests/checkers/diags on all hardware all passed

tried arma again same problem..
re upped all peripheral drivers and softwares, removed any old/unused devices through the devmngr in case of conflict - a lot of this was due to the new windows update for some reason 

same problem except...during all these tests and crashes arma 3 reset my profile, so 4 years of tweaking and loadouts is gone...

that really F****D me off so i did a complete uninstall then reinstall of arma

now i've re downloaded all the mods and sorted everything out and had a go.

same problem, however, i must have done something right, this time only the game crashed, finally giving me some info to use...

it appears to be a...

d3d error DXGI_error_device_removed

error causing this, so i looked for it and lo and behold there is heaps of posts about it but the bi forums return one of these

This page isn’t working

forums.bistudio.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500

when i try follow the links.... appears to be working for posts tho. weird

anyway below is a file with all the reports and dmps i could scrounge together from this this afternoon's testing.

im hoping someone here may have some idea of what's going on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9luktckp0lwq82/ARMA ERROR.rar?dl=0

oh and for the record all other games are running fine, no crashing.

and i'm buggered hahaha

please help

Try changing your Memory Allocator (Launcher > Parameters > All Parameters > Advanced).

By default it should be set to Intel TBB 4.

Change it to one of the other 2 options (Windows, JEMalloc).

Try that and let us know how you get on.

Awesome! Thank you :)

ive set it for Windows memory allocator and I'm in the exact place that I've been using to test, so far it's been up for about 15 mins so far with no crash. I'll continue to watch in and let you know how I get on, I'll ofcorse upload any reports it may generate 

I can't believe it's been so simple so far...

while I'm testing it I have one question...

what is better the windows allocator or the other one (sorry I forgot it's name) clearly tbb4 is not good on my system what will yield better performance?

PROBLEM NOT SOLVED

ignore the above post, problem is still occurring

it held up for 40 mins then crashed, now we are back to square one, crashing every 3 minutes or so.

back to square one again in the sense that its not throwing error reports any more either, it threw one last one, which i have

as before here is a rar with all reports, dmps and some pics of today's testing 

please help me, i honestly don't know where to go next.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p7qthj9na0hwakb/arma error 2.rar?dl=0

I'm not sure if this helps. I have a geforce 690 and it doesn't like any of the drivers beyond 387.92. Recently had to go through reinstalling the older drivers when windows automatically updated me to the newest version.

Scratch this. I'm getting freezing as well. I reinstalled the drivers and the game. Its seems to happen when I put graphical stress on the game (looking through binoculars, extending out the viewable distance etc)

Have no idea either

This is rubbish, im getting nowhere with this error and the forums are barley working either, i can only get on every once in a while, keep getting server errors and no connects (on my main PC, 2 laptops an iPhone and iPad i get the same forum problems) really frustrating. but still going to do my best to fix it with the forums help :)

i just want to get this issue fixed so i can get back to arma, ive got over 2000 hours in ArmA 3 and thats just not enough time for this epic game!! haha

how do we go about attracting the devs to this issue? im more than happy to send them any info they need so we (anyone with the issue) can get this sorted

@Bohemia Interactive??? does that work?

also my gpu is a gigabyte 1080ti 11gb running the latest drivers if that helps?

another update...

it just crashed in the control options window. last Sunday it crashed in the MP player slot selection.

also

last week it crashed in the editor when i went to edit the general mission settings

although i managed to spend about 20 mins in the editor on Malden with no crash today, before the crash that happened in the control options a moment ago.

god only knows if uploading these works but here are the rpts for the last session
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyhzni66sm1949l/Arma error 3.rar?dl=0

im stumped

Do your other games crash? Titles that are equally demanding?

I ended up resetting windows and that seemed to help, but def have something going Ram or Graphics card.

other games are running fine, but i dont know if they are equally demanding or not. ill download the oc benchmark/test program thing and see what happens when i push the card a little harder.

i did a few tests on it originally and it was fine, using https://www.3dmark.com/ and it seemed to be fine but its worth another look.

also the fact its happening at menu/option/slot selection screens is concerning me 

I know how frustrating it is, I was having a problem with a status_access_violation error out of nowhere. Have been playing for around 1500hrs total and had no trouble at all so I have no idea where the errors pop up from.

I also came here to find help to no avail, they either ignore it or brush it off. It would be nice to at least have a member of the team to respond but they rarely do by the looks of it.

Fortunately I have had no more issues for the past couple of weeks, I have no idea how it goes from getting error every 20 mins of play to just fix itself out of nowhere. I hope I'm not cursing myself but it's been ok so far, you'll probably find out as time goes on it fixes itself like mine but I know it can be frustrating. I also don't have problems with other games, only Arma 3, always Arma so I know it's not my PC.

• Like 1

I had the same problem before and it was one of these issues:

• Swap file HD was full... clear up about 10 GB of space or = to your ram
  • Not enough ram in 64 bit mode... I now have 32 GB. No worries
  • PSU was dying... yup... this was big effing problem because on full load, it would crash my PC. I found out because there was coil whine - high pitch noise coming from the PSU. Probably compromised due to summer heat.

Get a new PSU, problem solved.

If your PSU older more than 5 years time is for replacement because that GPU can pull ~270 W .... and some Gigabyte 1080 Ti have new GPU bios:

1. Release for MIC Memory

2. NVIDIA Source BIOS Version: 86.02.39.00.9D

3. Base/Boost: 1569/1683 MHz

4, Memory: 5505 MHz

5. TGP: Default/max:250W/375W

6. For F1~F3 BIOS flash

my PSU is give or take 3-4 years old and is a corsair HX1050,

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hx-series-hx1050-power-supply-1050-watt-80-plus-gold-certified-modular-psu-na-refurbished

i would have thought that 1000w was enough? but i will check.. any tips for finding if it's a PSU failure - without ripping the thing out/putting a new one in?

would the PUS running out of juice cause the 2 main crashes? screen blank and restart and also screen blank and just sit there ticking along with no screen or sound?

Here's the basic specs of my pc....

MoBo:             Asus P8Z77-V LK

CPU:               Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.3GHz

RAM:              HX318C9SRK2/16 16GB DDR3-1866

GPU:               GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G

PSU:               Corsair HX1050 - 1050 Watt

Cooling:         Noctua NH-D14

Case:              Silverstone Raven RV03

I HAD a Corsair RX850 (great PSU) but lightning blew it a few years ago. Replaced it with a Corsair RM1000 and I have a faulty fan which I MUST use a portable fan blowing on it when playing ARMA.

I can watch movies with no issues but when both CPU and GPU are pegged at 100%, it makes a swishing sound so I know the coils or capacitors are heating up. Most PSU last about 5 years (max warranty) unless it gets rebuilt. 

So I would try to blow an extra fan on it during gaming to test it. If your PC is rock stable, then you know you need to rebuild or replace the PSU.

Most MB, CPU, RAM and GPU have a ton of voltage regulators so it is the PSU that gets stressed the most when it runs at full load for a long time, especially wearing out faster during the summer when it is hotter or with less than adequate air flow.

You can use this for the test OCCT  and it's time to update your MB bios too.

• Like 1

clicked the occt power supply button, set the test for 30 mins. let it run...

3min 9 seconds in i got this error - 2-3 mins is about how long arma lasts during testing

GPU over maximum value value reached 87, max value 85

what does that mean haha

also in regards to a bios update knowing my luck at the moment i'll probably brick the board hahaha

what will it do to help? do i absolutely need to update it?

as you can understand i don't want to take any unnecessary risks at this stage

here is the bios update list

https://www.asus.com/nz/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LK/HelpDesk_BIOS/

i have just checked and i'm currently on Version 0904 2012/10 P8Z77-V LK BIOS 0904

i've never updated a bios before, i need to get this right if i'm going to do it at all (how do i do it?).

as you can imagine my nerves are a bit shot at the moment

Leave bios update for later.

GPU over maximum value value reached 87, max value 85

This is the security setting in OCCT. Go to Monitoring Options and set to 90 for GPU in Stop testing if value is above.

And from your log I see that you have problem with Fallout 4 and World Of Warships too. GPU throttling because overheating maybe :eh: