Sign in to follow this  
Shylex

Crash after about 15-20 minutes consistently.

I never used to have any problem playing Arma 3 for up to 8 hours a day. Suddenly, I can't play offline or on a privately hosted Upnp server for more than 10-20 minutes without the game straight up crashing to windows crash message.
I started playing modded but have since reinstalled the game, uninstalled all my mods and the problem persists in vanilla freshly installed gameplay.

I have also gone into the Arma 3 folder in "My Games" and deleted my profile.

I cant screenshot task manager after crashing as my arma3 along with several other games remains as a background process (annoyingly) and i have to restart my pc every time i close it. CMD cannot close the process either.

My Specs: 
i5-7500
8gb DDR4
GTX 780 3gb

My settings:
All Standard settings except for some (on low) None are on high and view distance is also pretty minimal

My AppData has 2 rpt files even though i only crashed once last test i did but here they are

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m489vw5p46pbdru/Arma3_x64_2017-11-15_16-31-27.rpt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8txq9zuasj1793y/Arma3_x64_2017-11-15_16-36-16.rpt?dl=0

I've already posted to reddit and steam forum and asked several other people I know with arma 3. I haven't been able to play for months and I really miss being able to play arma.

Please help me...

Hello, welcome to Bis forums!

Sorry to read about your troubles and what you have tried.

Apon reviewing your rpt i see you start the game with the following:  

-cpuCount=4 -malloc=system -maxmem=4096 -mod= -beservice

i would suggest to remove the parameters and see if arma3 starts without them.

also what is the -beservice? and how are you starting Arma3?

Can you play other games with no issues?

If you crash in other games on full load, then it is usually something overheating or the PSU. Try a fan blowing into your PC and ensure adequate cooling.

Honestly, sounds like PSU issue. If you look back at all the people who have ARMA crashing problems, its mostly after they have played for a while with long playtimes. Their PC must overheated or worn down the PSU components.