Brisse

LoW DLC stuck at supply drop mission

Hi!

With the MacOS and Linux ports recently (yesterday) being updated to 1.76, I can finally play Laws of War DLC.

However!

I already got stuck in the supply drop mission.

I get to the point where I have inspected all the crates.

Then a new task pops up which tells me to defend against guerilla ambush, but nothing actually happens. There's no ambush. It doesn't seem to trigger.

Anyone else had this?

Tried reloading a save from just before the crates are dropped, but same thing happened again and I can't progress further :(

14 hours ago, Brisse said:

Hi!

With the MacOS and Linux ports recently (yesterday) being updated to 1.76, I can finally play Laws of War DLC.

However!

I already got stuck in the supply drop mission.

I get to the point where I have inspected all the crates.

Then a new task pops up which tells me to defend against guerilla ambush, but nothing actually happens. There's no ambush. It doesn't seem to trigger.

Anyone else had this?

Tried reloading a save from just before the crates are dropped, but same thing happened again and I can't progress further :(

Did you start from scratch? may have unintentionally saved the mishap. I am not on linux port. but I think iirc I had something like this while testing on dev branch before low release. . it then went away. hopefully this is the case for you. 

Restarted from scratch and picked a different drop location. Managed to get through the mission now.

Sadly, these kind of issues are very frequent in Arma (all of them) single player. Very frustrating. Wasted hours on it, and it really takes all the fun out of it. Basically ruined this campaign and DLC for me. Not even sure I want to keep playing now for fear of running into similar issues again.

5 hours ago, Brisse said:

Restarted from scratch and picked a different drop location. Managed to get through the mission now.

Sadly, these kind of issues are very frequent in Arma (all of them) single player. Very frustrating. Wasted hours on it, and it really takes all the fun out of it. Basically ruined this campaign and DLC for me. Not even sure I want to keep playing now for fear of running into similar issues again.

I had a little trouble with that mission as well. One of the guerillas ran off, and it took a while for me to find him, it was a pain.

However, don't let that stop you from continuing this great campaign, the rest of the mission aren't as frustrating, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  

I did eventually finish the campaign, and only ran into minor frustrations later on. It's a good idea for a DLC which obviously takes inspiration from some recent walking sims and adventure games, but the clunkiness and bugginess of Arma holds it back from being something great.

Have to revive this little thread - I had the same issue yesterday and glad to find others have had it and it wasn't just me!

I guess I had a corrupt save from the moment the supplies were dropped, as I restarted to that point many times and the mission still got jammed after I fought off the guerrillas. 

It's a shame things like this happen. It seems like the guerrilla attack is a particularly buggy situation for some reason (sometimes they don't turn up, other times they are really slow, one time they all just ran away!) But I'll try a different drop point as you suggest...

yup reviving this thread... just defeated the guerilla apparently. but can't end the fucking  episode. Fuck this. Great game except for all the shitty wastes of time. Not gonna replay, just gonna move one to stable games.