phronk

[Released] Phronk's Furniture Script

Totally forgot Armaholic vanished, thank you!

Tremendous work, and no mod dependency!

I'm downloading it right now.

Can i just make a question? Do you create the Super Simple Objects localy to each machine?
createSimpleObject have a parameter to make objects local.

I ask that because, for example, i don't need to have in my machine the furniture spawned by other players far away from me.

Also, about the start code and listen servers:

if(isServer)then{PFrun=false;[]spawn compileFinal(preprocessFile"PF\init.sqf")};

The script will not run on a client-host machine since isServer is true on it?

I will put your logo in the start of the mission i'm working on.

Thanks for your amazing work!

• Like 1

Thanks, the script functions on the server only. There is no client-side code. I initialize it the way I do in an attempt to make it more user-friendly/easier to plug & play. The drawback in the current version (Although I haven't noticed a heavy enough impact to mitigate it yet) is like you said, furniture spawned in another town because players are technically known to you because the objects are global / spawned by server. This helps keep furniture layouts consistent for buildings that have multiple possible layouts.

I haven't had enough players to test on a large-scale "open world" style mission to see the true impact of tons of simple objects being spawned at once all over the map, but if it is a noticeable impact, I could rethink making it client-side like Tinter's. (Although I really don't want to rewrite this project again)

• Like 2

phronk, take care. Life is full of priorities.

And sorry, the question about the start code make no sense, my fault.

• Like 1

Great script. Particularly for mission makers who want to avoid dependencies. 

For other users: this script will also populate buildings that have been hidden (eg by HideObject or modules). The PF_BlacklistObj variable in CFG.sqf doesn't function. I can only remove buildings from the whitelist (PF_Houses in the init).

Started working on this a few months ago for my Addon-Free Arma 3 Zombie survival sandbox mission/framework that I'm working on; it's basically an extension of Phronk's Furniture to also spawn in semi-random loot using defined loot tables. Also (sorta) caches the loot spawned, at least until a player puts or takes an item from any of the loot WeaponHolders. Currently supports about 10 buildings, but will need to configure it to work on all furniture layouts (It's actually easy to integrate into the other houses, now that it's mostly done). Haven't decided if I'll make this feature exclusive to the zombie thing or if I'll include it in future PF update releases.

Basically spawns a WeaponHolder_Single_F with a semi-random item on random furniture objects. Some objects have shelves, so the Z axis may also be randomized as well as X and Y within model space of object for random shelf placement.

Dynamic Loot Spawning on Furniture:

• Like 4