phronk

[Released] Phronk's Furniture Script

Noice, I love this script, it adds so much. It's one of those "I can never go back" features. Thanks Phronk.

@Muecke Thanks, I'll try to create a separate mod version in the future, but I'm still focused on improving the code and expanding it.

@Drongo69 I appreciate that, glad you're enjoying it.

Just so everyone is aware, I tested my furniture script in Kavala in Altis with the newest version and it resulted in horrible FPS -- I dropped down to 4 FPS (Spawning 7305+ objects in 487 houses). This has encouraged me to begin totally rewriting how the furniture spawns for the absolute best performance. It runs fine in small-to-medium sized towns, but Kavala overwhelms the script. This will be "fixed" or at least improved in the next version.

• Like 7

Phronk, you make some really awesome, useful scripts.  This one is no exception.  Hopefully, you can optimize the script for bigger towns.  Thanks again for sharing to the community!

13 hours ago, phronk said:

It runs fine in small-to-medium sized towns, but Kavala overwhelms the script.

Good luck with the optimization dude!  But if it proves too difficult, you could simply reduce the # of buildings furnished in a large town, distributing the furnished ones evenly among the non-furnished.  It would still be a huge improvement over Vanilla towns.  Keep that as a fall back position (you probably thought of this anyway)!  Good luck matey.

Hey Phronk!

Thanks for giving the scenario designers a great tool to reduce the needed time for finetuning a mission!

Is there a thing one can do for you to support this great project?

Greetings

Ben.

@johnnyboy Thanks, so far I've optimized the script to run at a low of 30~ FPS in Kavala (on my PC), up from 4 FPS. I still have more to do though.

@Ben@ArmsHttps://www.PayPal.me/Phronk

Donations are a big motivator, but otherwise I don't require help; I also have a bunch of testers from Task Force Ronin (TFR).

• Like 5

Thanks for this script Phronk. It's a great piece of work.

IMPORTANT:
I've recoded the way the code works completely and have effectively optimized the scripts performance dramatically. My FPS would stutter, micro stutter, and hang at 4 FPS in Kavala with other players around. Now I've optimized it to run at 50 to 90 FPS (On my end) with no noticeable stuttering. There is one issue though...

The reason why I started to make this script was for a project I'm working on and it goes far beyond just furniture. It's becoming more work for me to make the furniture scripts open to everyone, while also having a version for my other project. Don't worry, I'm not working on some gay "life" mission or mod. But the reason why I'm making this post is to notify everyone that I am strongly considering ceasing the public development of this script -- at least for a long while, so I can focus on my other project and make it more of a surprise when I officially announce it. For the record, the project I'm working on will be something I actually want to pitch to BIS as a DLC, since that's apparently a thing now.

I don't expect this to fall onto you guys as good news, but it's news to keep you all informed and in the loop of what's going on.

TL;DR: Optimized the script to run much faster and more efficiently, but will not be doing any more public updates for a while.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phronk said:

For the record, the project I'm working on will be something I actually want to pitch to BIS as a DLC, since that's apparently a thing now.

That's awesome dude.  Good luck.  Do what you gotta do.

• Thanks 1

I talked about someone hopefully being able to create this one day. And you have done it with your wizardry!

awesome thanks!!!

I'm coming for you @phronk!  I'm #6 and rising...gonna take you down!  Seriously, congrats on being #1 in 6 month timeframe...that is staying power and a testament to your high quality content.

314yttj.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I had no idea my script is the most popular thing on Steam Workshop, that's pretty fucking cool. Just wait until the next update, whenever that'll be. (Massive performance and efficiency boosts, plus more furniture/variations)

• Like 6

Hey man, I'm totally breathing down your neck now!!!  Can you hear my hoofbeats? 

Actually these 3 contributions really shouldn't be grouped together (Mission Generator vs. Awesome Script vs. SP Mission), but who cares...

When is the next Furniture performance boost update coming?  How's the top secret project going?  Is your new pad furnished (lol)?

steam_Screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

Relevant:

• Like 6

Thanks Phronk!  Great info here (I use attachTo alot).  As always, your closing statements on your videos crack me up.

• Haha 1

Well crap was going to use your furniture script on a redo of my Tanoa Takedown mission and just read the thread where you said you weren't releasing yet with the update....bad news for me but good news overall. I can pull the furniture script out to save some FPS for my community but then I loose the action of having furniture in the buildings all over the map.....DANG IT MAN!!!!

Seriously keep up the progress; will be good to see what you have come up with in the future.

• Like 1

I tested it on my computer and it works perfectly, I upload the mission to a dedicated server and I notice a very great delay to furnish the houses, sometimes neither furnishes. Anyone else going through this?

@TonyStarkBR Its a known issue with the attachTo command I believe is what he mentioned in a post literally 3 posts up from yours in this thread. Take 10 minutes or so and watch the video and then you will see what he is talking about.

• Thanks 1

On 28/12/2018 at 11:38, Nichols said:

@TonyStarkBR É um problema conhecido com o comando attachTo, acredito que é o que ele mencionou em um post, literalmente, 3 posts de vocês neste tópico. Demore 10 minutos ou mais e assista ao vídeo e então você verá o que ele está falando.

I'm from Brazil, I do not speak English, I did not understand much of the video. rsrsrs
Could you summarize for me?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

I'm from Brazil, I do not speak English, I did not understand much of the video. rsrsrs

@TonyStarkBR in the video he is only talking about how to optimize the script so it will run better, something about  using SetPos and not use AttachTo for the furniture

google translate to spanish - en el video solo habla sobre cómo optimizar el script para que se ejecute mejor, algo sobre el uso de SetPos y no usar AttachTo para los muebles

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:12 PM, TonyStarkBR said:

No worries @TonyStarkBR didn't think about the English not being a first language part. Hope you got the understand from @Play3r with the google translate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Anyone know if this works on CHERNARUS redux ?

Give it a go, keeping in mind the issues that have been discussed above.