Tom_48_97

Tac-Ops Mission Pack Military Operations

18 minutes ago, xmalyszj said:

No reprieve mission - Triggered attack on Orino after Gorgons destruction should be disabled. Soon after you eliminate the mortars he shows up and when you destroy him with RPG, there is no time to accomplish other tasks like POW rescue or elimination of fortifications - You need to support the attack. At that moment I had left the mission. 

Why not just do things in a different order?

4 minutes ago, jakerod said:

Why not just do things in a different order?

Because it's stupid to launch assault on the city when the main element in operation isn't ready in place. 

This "doing things in a different order" is perhaps the cause of why the Loyalists had lost the war :D 

• Like 2

Actually, I freed the POWs after the attack had started and everything worked out fine for me.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, xmalyszj said:

Because it's stupid to launch assault on the city when the main element in operation isn't ready in place. 

This "doing things in a different order" is perhaps the cause of why the Loyalists had lost the war :D 

I carried out three tasks in the current time.
The group watched control height.
In investigation of the city, I defined shock points for artillery. I passed to mortars.
When I was ready to eliminate mortars, gave the order to support of artillery. After attack of artillery around the city, I eliminated mortars, and I gave to group the order on cleaning of control height.

Rescue of the gone group. Not important, there is a task in the list, or the task isn't active. The task will "be carried out" - after rescue of the gone group.

1 hour ago, lexx said:

Actually, I freed the POWs after the attack had started and everything worked out fine for me.

Same here

15 minutes ago, five_seven5-7 said:

Does the AFTER ACTION REPORT teach how to complete all objectives in the campaign or some just military guidelines?

Why don't you have a look at them? ;-)

11 hours ago, Bobrus said:

What main element? The main element is the element that attacks which isn't you. You're the recon there to call in mortar strikes and eliminate enemy support. If the attack started without you in place then you didn't plan it out well enough. I'm pretty sure it doesn't start until you engage/call in the mortars. Might be wrong about that though.

I targeted the enemy positions with the mortars but didn't call it in. I went to rescue the downed soldier as my men covered us. I rescued him... he died because he stood up which I wasn't expecting. I ordered my men to open fire. They took out the first position. I called in the mortars which eliminated a position and two vehicles. I moved my men into an overwatch position so they could help the attack. I drove to the mortars with 2 of them, took out the position, and moved into town. Game win. It's possible.

Anyone else wasn't able to finish the "Final Strike" mission?

Spoiler

I moved to the brits at the end of the mission, but nothing happend.

Found a bug in the first operation, the intro text is overlapping.

CYegAqK.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone else got a hard time finishing the "No Reprieve" mission?

There are way too many patrols, a Gorgon which automatically moves to the players position and if that isn't bad enough already., every bullet hitting the Gorgon automatically triggers the attack. It even got triggered when the Gorgon was hit by the enemy's own artillery. But itdoesn't stop there. Once the attack was triggered an autosave is applied overwriting the old save....

Also, why can't we mark targets for the artillery by pressing and holding T for example.

All in all, this is in my opinion the worst mission by far of all TacOps missions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, R3vo said:

Has anyone else got a hard time finishing the "No Reprieve" mission?

There are way too many patrols, a Gorgon which automatically moves to the players position and if that isn't bad enough already., every bullet hitting the Gorgon automatically triggers the attack. It even got triggered when the Gorgon was hit by the enemy's own artillery. But itdoesn't stop there. Once the attack was triggered an autosave is applied overwriting the old save....

Also, why can't we mark targets for the artillery by pressing and holding T for example.

All in all, this is in my opinion the worst mission by far of all TacOps missions.

No, it is actually a great mission, but you must stay unseen until you aren't ready for main assault :) 

So don't be eager to fight.  

Some missions have an incorrect date...

• Beyond Hope

• No Reprieve - May 11, 2026

• Avenging Furies - May 11, 2035

• Stepping Stone

• Fate Accompli - July 18, 2027

• Disintegration Point - June 24, 2035

Can someone confirm that, once completed, missions Avenging Furies and Disintegration Point cannot be replayed?

Can someone please help. Just installed TAC-Ops and playing the first mission of Beyond Hope.

After getting to the objective of rescuing the survivor. After pressing the key to heal him, the game glitches and he won't stand up, it seems to be stuck in a lying down position. I have tried, checking cache and loading game with and without mods. I just can't progress past that objective.

1 hour ago, kirk_heath said:

Can someone please help. Just installed TAC-Ops and playing the first mission of Beyond Hope.

After getting to the objective of rescuing the survivor. After pressing the key to heal him, the game glitches and he won't stand up, it seems to be stuck in a lying down position. I have tried, checking cache and loading game with and without mods. I just can't progress past that objective.

In the Beyond Hope mission, I didn't meet a wounded man. Where is he?

It's one survivor of the squad you're out looking for. He is sometimes hard to find, especially because (at least in my case), you can read the subtitles of him yelling, but don't actually hear him until you're really close... and can't see him because of the darkness.

That's the one, I have seen in videos he is supposed to stand up. Mine just continues to lie there so game is stuck in a limbo phase

Yeah, yeah, I'm a bit late to the party, but here we go anyways:

• Operations. The concept of these "operations" is ideal for Arma, and it works fantastic on multiple levels. And it's indeed a clever thing to do: laying out a scenario with multiple missions (that all reuse the same scenario) is efficient and damn interesting too: the scenarios can be larger (yet play out only partially each go/mission, which is also nice to work with from a performance POV, I can imagine), yet aren't "wasted" on a single mission. Getting to experience that same scenario from multiple POVs is fun (especially with such diverse missions one can chose from). Great replay value. Straight to action too (you watch the introduction/setup once, and are good to go for other missions). 
    I'd even suggest to make this setup the default/standard for Arma. E.g. this way you can easily offer very special missions only a fraction of the player base will ever complete (e.g. flying, some of us just aren't ment to be pilots, he. Or tank missions, or what not.).
    The format of a mini-campaign is nice, but not absolutely necessary (hm, then again, technically they just might be, eh?). I hope you guys think about releasing such "operations" on a regular basis in the future. Each month or two a new SP scenario/operation like this? Man, that would rock. And sure, make it DLC like Tac-Ops, offer an abonnement/bundle too, and that should be just lovely for all of us.:don12:
    From what I can tell you guys also enjoy creating these operations, with all the lovely details put in there. And I can imagine it's more fun to do a variety of such operations from time to time, than having to come up with a huge campaign during a long and probably stressful period when the game isn't even finished yet and still shit has to be ready for when it launches...
    IMHO screw the campaign, and just release "operations" on a regular basis (already included/free for the first year or something). Arma will always be an ongoing project, never really finished. Just look at all the things that got introduced at some later point, and hence never really used in official missions. A damn shame, isn't it. I think such a continuous release cycle for SP content would fit this sandbox much better.

• Pacing and execution. I'm not sure for what fraction of the Arma community I'm speaking, but please, for the love of god, tone it down a notch. I don't need to kill some dude every other second in order to have fun. Things are going so fast, I usually have to restart the mission after a few minutes, once I've figured out what's actually going on, and what I'm supposed to do. That's quite the contrast after the lovely selection scenes/setups (those are really great). And sure, there is always an exposition part, currently on the map, but that doesn't cut it. The player needs to orient himself ingame, and generally there should be time to do so (sure, sure, some missions are "right in your face" for good reasons).
    Unfortunately you guys seem to prefer a quick cut, "2 hours later...", spongebob trick, instead of taking your time, and letting us drive (yeah, yeah AI driving...) or walk somewhere. There might not much be going on in such moments, but as a player you get to acclimate and orient yourself, which is needed. Besides, tension is always there, enemies could be anywhere. Who knows? Just like a good horror movie, we don't need a jump scare every other moment, and just like a really good action movie, we don't need a stupid stunt each other scene. But if/when! BOOM! This doesn't really work if it's "one hell of a ride" from start to the bitter end. That's how you end up with Transformers. Give us some air to breath and time to make a (stupid) decision. This isn't just a quick action shooter.
    ...or is it? :shoot:
    At the end of each Tac-Ops mission I see my stats/kills, and that's always bit of a *JUST* moment. Let's see, what have we killed this time? Two APCs, some tank maybe, a bunch of officers, 8 teamleaders, 29 simple riflemen, 12 AT dudes, 13 machine gunners, 9 medics, ... It's ridiculous. I don't want to play Rambo. I want to be part of my fire team, my squad, my unit. I'm just one simple man. Okay?
    Sure, a "realistic" degree of action might also not be optimal (then again, one of my favorite missions was always that small patrol duty into the forest, early in the OFP campaign, not firing a single shot, because my AI mates got em first. Just a few. Simple missions can be amazing too, especially if nicely presented), but there has to be some middle ground.
    Also raise enemy skills (but reduce their numbers; less is more, and maybe then you don't have to magically clean up dead dudes, which is annoying; magic doesn't work if the trick is visible). An enemy should be a real threat. Especially during Steel Pegasus I regularly had enemies shooting at me not from too far, not hitting anything (while they really should have). It was comical at times. You reload. They shoot at you. You're done reloading. They're still shooting. Bullets fly around you, but never hit. Finally, you take a shot. You laugh...

• Display and Production. Lovely. Especially the already mentioned setup/pick mission scenes are super comfy. The arrangements of the (small) objects amaze me also time and again: what you guys come up with (using just the few available objects) is always super nice. Building interiors, fortifications, various other scenes. Great stuff. All the little things that set the mood. Voicing is also great, always adds a lot to a mission. Map screen animation is solid stuff, and the integration of these operations (with multiple missions/branches) is nicely done too.

• Like 4

I decided to play the infantry version of Disintegration Point whilst on Tanks Dev Branch... When you are asked to RV with the APC after Point Carlsbad for attacking Point Yellowstone, the APC often doesn't turn up. I hijacked a Qilin and went looking for it and discovered that both Panthers had decided to drown themselves in the sea to the east.

I'm assuming this is potentially due to the changes in Armoured Vehicle behaviour etc resulting from Tanks, as I've noticed several oddities occasionally in scenarios with them since going onto Dev. (Only addons I'm running are CBA A3 and ADR 97, which I'm fairly sure are not responsible, though I'll drop CBA and see if the behaviour persists)

10 hours ago, ravenholme said:

I decided to play the infantry version of Disintegration Point whilst on Tanks Dev Branch... When you are asked to RV with the APC after Point Carlsbad for attacking Point Yellowstone, the APC often doesn't turn up. I hijacked a Qilin and went looking for it and discovered that both Panthers had decided to drown themselves in the sea to the east.

I'm assuming this is potentially due to the changes in Armoured Vehicle behaviour etc resulting from Tanks, as I've noticed several oddities occasionally in scenarios with them since going onto Dev. (Only addons I'm running are CBA A3 and ADR 97, which I'm fairly sure are not responsible, though I'll drop CBA and see if the behaviour persists)

Yes, my tanks are now often drowning themselfs too, if are they near sea, or at the beach. 

I've brought tac-op very recently.

Spoiler

In "disintegration point" (infantry)

That 2 reinforcement tanks and APCs got all the friendly vehicle including hammer, and my AT troopers every time.

The PCML also doesn't even seems to leave a dent either after I expended all available ammo

Was it supposed to be like this? I'm I doing something wrong

On 3/14/2018 at 1:32 AM, rübe said:

Also raise enemy skills (but reduce their numbers; less is more, and maybe then you don't have to magically clean up dead dudes, which is annoying; magic doesn't work if the trick is visible). An enemy should be a real threat. Especially during Steel Pegasus I regularly had enemies shooting at me not from too far, not hitting anything (while they really should have). It was comical at times. You reload. They shoot at you. You're done reloading. They're still shooting. Bullets fly around you, but never hit. Finally, you take a shot. You laugh...

Don't have TacOps so I don't know who's doing that, but with irregular or poorly trained forces (Syndikat thugs and the like) this isn't that unrealistic. Such "tactics" are called "Iraqi Death Blossom" after a force with a particular fondness of them, and they're rather common among insurgent forces. It's about as effective as you're seeing, too, since firing in the general direction of the target in full auto just isn't that likely to land a hit (this can be more successful against large groups... barely). I found Syndikat doing that in Apex rather realistic, they fought like a band of two-bit thugs they were.

• Like 1