Tom_48_97

Tac-Ops Mission Pack Military Operations

Yesterday I passed this mission, there was no problem.
Today I have cleaned everything, in all red shaded zone there is no opponent. The mission has got stuck on the first task.
Check please missions. Unpredictable jammings of switching of tasks.

Spoiler

SP3enuo.jpg

Unpredictable jammings of receiving achievements.

Spoiler

cXjGZ7V.jpg

As a result, I have received achievement from the fourth attempt.

As well as I wrote earlier, one start of a mission can happen to problems in a chain of events, it is possible to try several times to try to do restart of a mission of a control point. Sometimes, restart of a mission can not solve a problem.
Yesterday I played a mission (with a problem in a spoiler) and I haven't received a problem about which I wrote. How it is possible in one version of a game?

Spoiler

Two roles in one mission and two roles in other mission.
I played all roles, achievement isn't received - "Changing Places
Completed each role of the Stepping Stone campaign." .

Is there another (better) way to play the alternate role of the narrative without having to 'revert' the (mini) campaign?

I just replayed the mission(s). Didn't reverted once yet.

23 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Starting I shot down all AT with the submachine gun. Several times I patrolled this zone. There has passed this stage when has moved forward to the following point to block arrival of a reinforcement to the city. It should be corrected as so far I try to find still something in this zone, the mission won't report - that everything is clean.

Someone could receive achievement? - "Forward Observer
Destroyed all APC's defending Orino by artillery strike in the Beyond Hope campaign".
Three times I try to make it, the briefing at the end of a mission writes that all tasks are performed, but I don't receive achievement.

Spoiler

I got it - quite hard this one.

You have to spot and destroy (totally destroy - not disable) the 3 APC (2 Moras and 1 Gorgon) with the arty strike (and you have only 1 shot for this).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lexx said:

I just replayed the mission(s). Didn't reverted once yet.

Yes, you could finish the campaign and replay every mission in another role separately (not being forced to the chronology of the campaign), but then you wouldn't be able to migrate accumulated gear to the next mission, could you?

No idea if it's a general AI problem or related to this mission pack, happened when playing it so here goes, reproducable all the time:

Spoiler

First mission, spotted group of 3 soldiers near the beach before getting that "find the mortar" transmission.

The group is not in combat, standing around idle without spotting me, I open fire from what has to be 40-50m, one of them that's facing AWAY from me throws a grenade, THEN turns towards me, somehow the grenade explodes near my position.

Reloaded from autosave and happens every single time.

Cheers

Steel Pegasus - LZ Nowhere - Mission Pacing

Spoiler

Things to fix...

- Autosave the mission right as the player gains control, instead of a minute after.  That way, it saves before you're looting, not halfway through.

- Delay the initial AAF squad at the crash site.  The full squad makes sense, even if it feels overkill, but it should still be possible to beat this section on the first try.  By having them rush the crash site, an unprepared player is fighting off a squad with just a pistol.  Give players time to orient, see there's loot to be had, give them time to loot, think about the loot, and then throw the squad at them.  The only way I can beat this section is by gaming it, and looting things as fast as possible, so I can be in cover by the time the truck arrives.  For my first playthrough, I didn't even realize I needed to loot until I had the squad shooting me.  Alternately, players can use this time to sneak away without drawing attention from the squad.

- - Also, the holo/ACO sights on the ground, I'd suggest putting them on the loose rifles, as otherwise you'd never know they even exist without using cheat scripts to highlight them in zues mode.

- Once the player has either fought off the squad, or run away, run the first radio call.  This way the player has a chance to focus on the event, instead of having it lost in gunfire.

- Set the aggressors on the crashed blackfoot to start as dead.  I've had times were I can't finish that objective because the AAF soldiers killed the pilot before I got there.  Again, this makes it possible to finish the whole mission on the first try, without leaving things up to chance.

- Hell, the timing of everything needs a re-attack.  The exploding truck at the medic should wait until you're close enough to see it, not while you're still fighting the AAF at the crash site.

- The AAF attack on the ERV launched while I was still at the blackfoot, and heading towards point erie.  Even if I wanted to help the ERV, I couldn't have made it there in time.  Just like the medic truck, don't run the "OMG they're attacking!" until the player (and their possible posse) arrives at the ERV.
- Lastly for now, if the attack happens early, the player just arrives at the ERV and the mission ends right there.  This should be fixed by having the assault not happen until the player gets there.

Am I the only one who thought you had to run away from the AAF truck in the beginning of LZ Nowhere? I didn't even tried to fight them off. :>

1 minute ago, lexx said:
Spoiler

Am I the only one who thought you had to run away from the AAF truck in the beginning of LZ Nowhere? I didn't even tried to fight them off. :>

I tried the first time but just ran away after that. Makes the 

Spoiler

medic

part a bit tricky though since I think they run over there. Still haven't beat it yet though.

11 minutes ago, ajsarge said:

Steel Pegasus - LZ Nowhere - Mission Pacing

Reveal hidden contents

Things to fix...

- Autosave the mission right as the player gains control, instead of a minute after.  That way, it saves before you're looting, not halfway through.

- Delay the initial AAF squad at the crash site.  The full squad makes sense, even if it feels overkill, but it should still be possible to beat this section on the first try.  By having them rush the crash site, an unprepared player is fighting off a squad with just a pistol.  Give players time to orient, see there's loot to be had, give them time to loot, think about the loot, and then throw the squad at them.  The only way I can beat this section is by gaming it, and looting things as fast as possible, so I can be in cover by the time the truck arrives.  For my first playthrough, I didn't even realize I needed to loot until I had the squad shooting me.  Alternately, players can use this time to sneak away without drawing attention from the squad.

- - Also, the holo/ACO sights on the ground, I'd suggest putting them on the loose rifles, as otherwise you'd never know they even exist without using cheat scripts to highlight them in zues mode.

- Once the player has either fought off the squad, or run away, run the first radio call.  This way the player has a chance to focus on the event, instead of having it lost in gunfire.

- Set the aggressors on the crashed blackfoot to start as dead.  I've had times were I can't finish that objective because the AAF soldiers killed the pilot before I got there.  Again, this makes it possible to finish the whole mission on the first try, without leaving things up to chance.

- Hell, the timing of everything needs a re-attack.  The exploding truck at the medic should wait until you're close enough to see it, not while you're still fighting the AAF at the crash site.

- The AAF attack on the ERV launched while I was still at the blackfoot, and heading towards point erie.  Even if I wanted to help the ERV, I couldn't have made it there in time.  Just like the medic truck, don't run the "OMG they're attacking!" until the player (and their possible posse) arrives at the ERV.
- Lastly for now, if the attack happens early, the player just arrives at the ERV and the mission ends right there.  This should be fixed by having the assault not happen until the player gets there.

You can find 2 MX means to magazine at crash site to fight incoming truck so you are not restricted to your pistol.

Seems you wasted a lot of times to reach that pilot or rendezvous point becuase I never missied after playing this mission for several times.

I’m not sure that every thing starts to happen at initiation of mission & you have to move fast but even if it’s true, it is more realistic not like scripted games that are dependent on where & when player is, the world is moving in reality & Amra no matter people are left behind!

first time I reached that pilot, only 1 second later the AAF soldeirs were above us & they killed me because I was checking that injured pilot & were not ready. And as it was my first play of this mission, I moved more cautiously & slowly but still reached pilot in time.

LZ Nowhere

Spoiler

You should add a trigger so that if the driver of the first truck gets shot then the rest of the men get out. They just let me pick them off one by one.

This mission is frustrating the hell out of me. There is just never enough time to do anything. By the time I realize that I can't win I have to restart the entire mission over again. I don't understand how anyone has enough time to rescue the pilot and the medic let alone help out those guys defending the MSR or get the mortar. And that's with stealing the truck at the beginning and driving everywhere. The friendly AI is horrible. There was literally a guy one meter away from my marksman and he kept missing. An enemy soldier managed to get within 10m of my 3 AI guys after they saw him 40m away and fired the entire time.

One other critique. It seems weird to me that the briefing is being given out 3 minutes before the landing.

5 hours ago, voiceofarma said:

You can find 2 MX means to magazine at crash site to fight incoming truck so you are not restricted to your pistol.

Seems you wasted a lot of times to reach that pilot or rendezvous point becuase I never missied after playing this mission for several times.

I’m not sure that every thing starts to happen at initiation of mission & you have to move fast but even if it’s true, it is more realistic not like scripted games that are dependent on where & when player is, the world is moving in reality & Amra no matter people are left behind!

first time I reached that pilot, only 1 second later the AAF soldeirs were above us & they killed me because I was checking that injured pilot & were not ready. And as it was my first play of this mission, I moved more cautiously & slowly but still reached pilot in time.

I didn't have the ammo problem.  I'm saying other people might have that problem.

Spoiler

There's actually 3 MXs, 6 mags for them, and a Vector SMG that you can grab.  Plus, the loose GPS, medkit, NVG, etc. scattered around.

And last I knew, Arma was a game, not real life.  The old dev motto wasn't to make a realistic game, but an authentic one.  It seems like a truly terrible game when it fails the mission on you because you couldn't reach the RV point 2.5K away in 30 seconds to help your bros who get mowed down without your help.

9 hours ago, lexx said:

Spoiler

You start out with 2 grenades in your inventory *blink blink*

Cheers

4 hours ago, ajsarge said:

I didn't have the ammo problem.  I'm saying other people might have that problem.

Reveal hidden contents

There's actually 3 MXs, 6 mags for them, and a Vector SMG that you can grab.  Plus, the loose GPS, medkit, NVG, etc. scattered around.

And last I knew, Arma was a game, not real life.  The old dev motto wasn't to make a realistic game, but an authentic one.  It seems like a truly terrible game when it fails the mission on you because you couldn't reach the RV point 2.5K away in 30 seconds to help your bros who get mowed down without your help.

6 hours ago, jakerod said:

LZ Nowhere

Hide contents

You should add a trigger so that if the driver of the first truck gets shot then the rest of the men get out. They just let me pick them off one by one.

This mission is frustrating the hell out of me. There is just never enough time to do anything. By the time I realize that I can't win I have to restart the entire mission over again. I don't understand how anyone has enough time to rescue the pilot and the medic let alone help out those guys defending the MSR or get the mortar. And that's with stealing the truck at the beginning and driving everywhere. The friendly AI is horrible. There was literally a guy one meter away from my marksman and he kept missing. An enemy soldier managed to get within 10m of my 3 AI guys after they saw him 40m away and fired the entire time.

One other critique. It seems weird to me that the briefing is being given out 3 minutes before the landing.

I’m not sure why you run out of time. I was able to rescue both pilot & medic & help pinned down friendly forces. Also I never tasked to find a mortar position.

can you guys tell how much time you played mission? Also a capture video would be great, I want to know what’s matter about that mortar you talking about.

57 minutes ago, voiceofarma said:
Spoiler

This is how I finished mission with saving both pilot & medic plus helping pinned down friendly forces:

https://youtu.be/4PqSXzfYin

Spoiler

Interesting. Maybe I'm not getting to the medic as fast as I think I am. There are generally twice as many men there when I get there plus two 3-man teams show up from two different directions in addition to the first squad in the truck if I get there really late. I think you get the mortar objective if you get closer to the beach after helping the recon squad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jakerod said:
  Hide contents

Interesting. Maybe I'm not getting to the medic as fast as I think I am. There are generally twice as many men there when I get there plus two 3-man teams show up from two different directions in addition to the first squad in the truck if I get there really late. I think you get the mortar objective if you get closer to the beach after helping the recon squad.

Ok I will try that to unlock mortar task.

I´m getting a bug on the Elias Vallis (beyond hope - No Reprieve)avatar. After healing him he continues on the ground with the head buried on the ground grunting with pain and doesn´t  get up.

Made a few reverts and fresh starts without sucess.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:52 AM, voiceofarma said:

You do know the video you spam in your signature is extremely annoying when reading the forum on a mobile device?

2 hours ago, NoPOW said:

You do know the video you spam in your signature is extremely annoying when reading the forum on a mobile device?

Now that you say it, I guess this is the only forum I know of that allows embedding youtube into a signature...

Cheers

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Now that you say it, I guess this is the only forum I know of that allows embedding youtube into a signature...

Cheers

And what a classy reply... :')

2 hours ago, voiceofarma said:

That’s your problem not me or others so I don’t give a shit.

• Like 1

Good thing then that I have all signatures disabled by default. Makes reading the forum much easier anyway.

No reprieve mission - Triggered attack on Orino after Gorgons destruction should be disabled. Soon after you eliminate the mortars he shows up and when you destroy him with RPG, there is no time to accomplish other tasks like POW rescue or elimination of fortifications - You need to support the attack. At that moment I had left the mission.