Tom_48_97

Tac-Ops Mission Pack Military Operations

2 minutes ago, Ennis94 said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/repair

I heard officers at Sandhurst come out with this sort of thing. Not sure if it's mainly military slang or not but repair's definitely correct in this sense.  

Hide contents

Looks to me like those low mound walls with some craters. A mix of editor objects rather than a single one.

Ah see I tried looking it up really quick but didn't see a definition that made sense. But looking back there was one just way further down the page. Well I guess I learned two new things last night then. I should have known better than to question it. :D

And thanks for giving me the object name. It might be difficult to make the object fit what I was planning but we'll see. I was hoping for something smaller for individual fighting positions but I can stick with team sized ones I guess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wiki said:

@Karloff

In Fait Accompli, SF part:

medic is number 2 but it's number 4 who has the medikit hence the medic cannot heal.

We have to make them swap the backpacks manually.

This + in Disintegration Point, infantry part, the player is in zoom/aim mode when the mission is launched.

Steel Pegasus  / LZ Nowhere 

Spoiler

After reaching the chapel the mission ends without facing any enemy or shooting a single bullet. Earlier there were a lot of EIs - maybe too much. Now none. 

Actually I expected some EI going to run uphill trying to take the chapel.  

20 hours ago, wiki said:

@Karloff

In Fait Accompli, SF part:

medic is number 2 but it's number 4 who has the medikit hence the medic cannot heal.

We have to make them swap the backpacks manually.

Fix should be here soon, thanks. :)

Disintegration Point - Special Forces

Spoiler

While defending Dourdan:

When losing the drone, or running out of rockets, you're given the opportunity to call in an artillery strike.

Unfortunately, the Scorcher never seems to fire anything, though the targets are marked on the map and the operator calls in ordinance was fired.

Anyone experiencing similar behavior?

EDIT: Little typo in the debriefing dialogue : GUARDIAN states 'Le' instead of 'La Trinité'.

@13:37:

Edited by R0adki11
added spoiler tags
  • Like 1

Dunno, I've always destroyed the targets with the drone.

Mission - Stepping Stone\Disintegration Point

Task - to Take Dourdan (Point Zion)
It is impossible to finish a task.
The city is cleaned, but the mission doesn't come to an end.

Spoiler

S79H1Ju.jpg

23 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Hum, weird.

I had this problem before, but it should have been fixed.

1 hour ago, wiki said:

Hum, weird.

I had this problem before, but it should have been fixed.

I have changed four times from autosave, too I have finished a mission.  That that didn't work in a mission in time.

8 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

I have changed four times from autosave, too I have finished a mission.  That that didn't work in a mission in time.

You should have retried the mission.

When there is a game update, better try again from the beginning.

So did anyone manage to get that Stepping Stone "Changing Places" achievement yet?

I have been playing through Steel Pegasus on the second mission: Breaking through and I noticed a possible improvement/fix. I managed to disable to strider hmg that came into the town with the marshall and repair and steal it, so when the team was talking about how I should either go for the wounded or go push a path, I thought that I should instead do both, so I sent the marshall to the wounded and took the hmg for myself to clear a path, but as a result it failed the objective to rescue the wounded, I know that you can't anticipate everything, but that strider had to have been scripted to come in then and there I would guess, so would it not be possible to be able to do both objectives?

Save the Pilot and the Physician.

I have two pilots and a doctor.
I do not get the achievement "Savior
Rescued both pilot and medic in the LZ Nowhere mission of the Steel Pegasus campaign. "
It does not work?

eYhm2nl.jpg

Edited by R0adki11
added spoiler tags

3 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Save the Pilot and the Physician.

I have two pilots and a doctor.
I do not get the achievement "Savior
Rescued both pilot and medic in the LZ Nowhere mission of the Steel Pegasus campaign. "
It does not work?

eYhm2nl.jpg

Spoiler

- The pilot is the one at the down blackfoot (your pilot n°01) --> ok

- On your screen, the guy lying is not a pilot, he's a grunt.

- The medic is the one on the screen --> ok

- When both are rescued (pilot and medic), you gotta send them safe to the ERV

I got this achievement, so it should work.

If it doesn't work, maybe the achievement is just bugged

Beyond Hope - Avenging Furies

Spoiler

Sniper

Holy triggertime batman. This one was tough, but fun.

You have to stop two QRFs. The first one with the truck and the technical isn't so bad since you're prepped for it, but the second one is murder.

• 1 Gorgon
  • 1 Strider HMG
  • 1 Truck
  • 3 Squads

It's a bit excessive to handle by your lonesome (the support infantry by the convoy is useless and IDK what Falcon is doing while you're in the middle of it). I think "Sniper" was a poor description of this subsection as I didn't seem to do a lot of long-range shooting vs being a one man band doing AT/MG/EO. I ended up commandeering the HMG in one of the strongpoints on the hill and gunning down infantry, which wasn't what I envisioned when picking a sniper play-through.

• Like 1

Wiki can't login to the forum right now, because of the usual problems, so I'm gonna patch his question through:

on the last dev changelog it's written "Fixed: The 'Changing Places' Steam Achievement was not working correctly"

My whole operation is ticked green with both SF and infantry and still the achievement is unlocked. Is it normal? Or waht can I do to fix it?

Anyone around who knows anything about this?

5 minutes ago, lexx said:

Wiki can't login to the forum right now, because of the usual problems, so I'm gonna patch his question through:

Anyone around who knows anything about this?

Did you try doing what we did here? Like reverting and replaying or even deleting saves so your campaigns won't be marked as completed.

Stepping Stone / Disintegration Point as Spec-Ops:

I have taken down all hostile soldiers near the AT launchers, still the game doesn't recognize the sites as being "taken out" -- even if I disassemble the launchers. Calling in the infantry will always fail. I can even stand right next to the launchers and the objective will fail. Had to assemble the launchers again, then shoot them until !alive, then it worked.

Also couldn't finish the mission. NATO forces were swarming the village, and I've taken down a fair share of hostiles on my own too (probably could have easily take the whole town on my own either way), yet nothing happened.

26 minutes ago, lexx said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have taken down all hostile soldiers near the AT launchers, still the game doesn't recognize the sites as being "taken out" -- even if I disassemble the launchers. Calling in the infantry will always fail. I can even stand right next to the launchers and the objective will fail. Had to assemble the launchers again, then shoot them until !alive, then it worked.

Also couldn't finish the mission. NATO forces were swarming the village, and I've taken down a fair share of hostiles on my own too (probably could have easily take the whole town on my own either way), yet nothing happened.

Spoiler

You might have missed some enemies hiding in the buildings. I know there's one officer hiding being a deli counter that tripped me up on my first playthrough. As far as the launchers go, destroying them is the correct thing to do in that situation, as simply disassembling would allow enemies to set them up again (I know it's unlikely the AI would do that, but it's meant to emulate the standard operating procedure in real life).

I know, but the problem is, I had been standing right next to them. So unless we are fighting magical fairy creatures, nobody could have fired these AT launchers.

Either there should be a check for that, OR make it way, way more clear that these launchers need to be *wrecked*. Usually in such kind of missions, it isn't necessary to hit them dead, which is why I hadn't even thought of doing that at first. Took me a few reloads to figure out the 'obvious'.

/edit: You were right about the soldier behind the counter. He's a tad too well hidden. :>

/edit2: Still can't finish it. Some missile starts flying and explodes and then that's it. Silence.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lexx said:

/edit: You were right about the soldier behind the counter. He's a tad too well hidden. :>

And to make matters worse the counter has bullet proof air inside it, shooting at the glass part makes glass shattering sound and shards are flying but the head behind the air stays intact.. :dozingoff:

5 hours ago, lexx said:

/edit2: Still can't finish it. Some missile starts flying and explodes and then that's it. Silence.

Starting I shot down all AT with the submachine gun. Several times I patrolled this zone. There has passed this stage when has moved forward to the following point to block arrival of a reinforcement to the city. It should be corrected as so far I try to find still something in this zone, the mission won't report - that everything is clean.

Someone could receive achievement? - "Forward Observer
Destroyed all APC's defending Orino by artillery strike in the Beyond Hope campaign".
Three times I try to make it, the briefing at the end of a mission writes that all tasks are performed, but I don't receive achievement.

5 hours ago, lexx said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah I've reported the part about the AT launchers already in the thread. The way I was able to complete the mission was by disassembling the launchers but that didn't clear the objectives. The rockets would always magically fire from the NW most camp near the road. I just got lucky by calling in the Attack and having the AT launchers miss / not kill anyone and I moved on.