Tom_48_97

Tac-Ops Mission Pack Military Operations

33 minutes ago, vitdom said:

This isn't really a problem with the Tac Ops DLC itself, but while testing it this happened.

I have heard that the Tanks DLC will bring vehicle physics improvements?

HA was just testing this mission on dev branch and thought to myself. sheet if they don't have the new physics improvements on the rc or release of tac ops some peoples gonna be hitting orbit.

• Like 2

To me, the biggest problem was my ai gunner going all like: Bam....... Bam........ Bam....... Dude, this gun is automatic, you can fire away!111 It's a serious issue when facing enemy armor. I've spotted them first, I give my gunner the target, yet I die, because he just won't dish out like the enemy owes me money.

Also that issue someone else pointed out a while ago: You have clear sight on the enemy vehicle, but your gunner (and the ai neither) just won't open up, because the center point is blocked. I had to go into the gunner position myself and do the job even though enemy turret and front was sticking out like a big "hit me" sign. I really hope tanks DLC will improve at least a little bit in this area.

• Like 5

Thanks BI for attending to Arma SP.

According to comments this DLC pack missions seems great but I prefer to avoid dev branch & wait for main & polished release.

Missions interesting, thank you.
Missions are only reproduced in English.
When to expect localization in other languages?

The missions no longer tick as "done" in the menu.

53 minutes ago, jakerod said:

Sorry about the delay. Hadn't realized that was directed at me. Here's the save file for all of campaign 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwxzkoel38tbb4k/Campaign_2.zip?dl=0

Thanks, we already found what was wrong, should be fixed in next version. :) 

Have a nice day! 

22 minutes ago, wiki said:

The missions no longer tick as "done" in the menu.

Hi,
tanks for the catch! Fix is on its way. :)

So, 2 days ago I couldn't stepping stone as infantry - I had a problem which has been fixed now.

However, now I've finished Settping Stone with all the roles, but the steam achievement is still locked.

3 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

Are achievements enabled before official release ?

Yes, I got all of them but "finish stepping stone with each role" because the last mission was bugged.

And now I did it, the achievement is bugged...

29 minutes ago, wiki said:

So, 2 days ago I couldn't stepping stone as infantry - I had a problem which has been fixed now.

However, now I've finished Settping Stone with all the roles, but the steam achievement is still locked.

Same here, was able to finish the campaign this time but didn't get the achievement. I think we need to revert and play through both campaigns again to get it. This is the only Tac-Ops achievement that I didn't get.

1 minute ago, Vidikk said:

Same here, was able to finish the campaign this time but didn't get the achievement. I think we need to revert and play through both campaigns again to get it. This is the only Tac-Ops achievement that I didn't get.

I already reverted.

Played mission 1 as specops and mission 2 as infantry.

Gonna do the opposite this time, see if it unlocks it.

1 minute ago, wiki said:

I already reverted.

Played mission 1 as specops and mission 2 as infantry.

Gonna do the opposite this time, see if it unlocks it.

Damn it I was hoping this was the problem. Please post the results if you'll unlock it this time.

I have to say I enjoyed the tac ops mission alot, exept "Final Strike" from the Steel Pegasus Scenario.

You encounter almost everything whats wrong with the AI in armored combat.

I liked the overall idea of the scenario especially the beginning but the APC fighting is so much painful.

For example the gunner turns the turret away while shooting on a APC to kill a rifleman. Which one is the bigger threat?

Gunner turns the turret away to target another rifleman after enemy drives behind a bush. The gunner should point in the estimated direction or better lead the shots until the commander orders otherwise.

As often described, the ai will not engage a tank when the centerpoint is hidden.

Don't get me wrong I love the recent physx changes but if I had to choose between better armored fighting ai and physx I would choose the ai without hesitating.

So, I reverted Stepping Stone, replayed the whole operations, both missions, each role, and still the achievement didn't unlock.

Can you check this out please?

Thanks

Replayed the Stepping Stone but didn't get the achievement. I noticed that reverting doesn't remove spec-ops/infantry checkmarks, maybe if saves were deleted game would re-award this achievement once both campaigns are finished and checked. What a pain.

51 minutes ago, Vidikk said:

Replayed the Stepping Stone but didn't get the achievement. I noticed that reverting doesn't remove spec-ops/infantry checkmarks, maybe if saves were deleted game would re-award this achievement once both campaigns are finished and checked. What a pain.

Nope.

I deleted the keys in my profil - so that the operation doesn't appear as "ticked".

Retried the whole thing and nothing.

So, please BIS? can you check this out?

Or as I've already done everything needed, have it fixed so that the achievement automatically unlocks for me next time?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, wiki said:

Nope.

I deleted the keys in my profil - so that the operation doesn't appear as "ticked".

Or as I've already done everything needed, have it fixed so that the achievement automatically unlocks for me next time?

Thanks

Welp I guess I won't be playing it until it's fixed.

The mortar tripod at the ERZ in LZ nowhere is an AAF one, but the tube you pick up in the optional objective is a NATO one. You can't assemble it at the ERV.

Steel Pegasus Spoilers

Spoiler

LZ Nowhere
- Story: I save the first pilot (who I almost threw a grenade at). See an AAF 4 man patrol standing around. Think to myself "we can take this". Engage them.... there's like half a platoon below the hill in front of them. Bye bye mr pilot... then me.

- You made me look up what a third Lieutenant is. Learn something new everyday.

- Odd: I feel like there is a lot of name use over the radio and I feel like that's breaking radio protocol. I'm not sure though. Can anyone enlighten me on that? I also feel like it's a bad idea to announce coordinates of a RP over the radio too.

- Major Bug: I arrived at Point Erie to discover an AAF soldier standing two feet in front of one of the recon guys but no one shooting at him and him just standing there until I shot him and then he began firing. I got there a bit earlier next time and there was no one there. However, I feel like the recon team wasn't shooting as much as they should be... yeah haven't seen a single one fire a shot. The sharpshooter in the building seemingly can't see anyone but can get hit. The two guys behind the truck just stare straight into the cover even if there is a guy right next to them. If I pick up their guns, no one has fired a shot.

- Major Bug: I think the guys at the chapel have the same problem but I'm not sure. They're at least not helping fight them at distance. The three guys at the front of the line are dead before I get there (recon leader, HMG, and one other). Not sure if that is intentional or not. The AAF just walk straight down the beach and past the surf club if I let them with no problem. Yeah definitely the same problem. AAF was on the hill when I got there and no one was shooting them. There was also a squad on the west side of the hill that seemed to be moving away from the surf club although I couldn't tell.

Maybe Bug: The pilot might have had the same problem too. When I got to him there were two AAF guys staring at him, he had a gun, but no one was shooting. Not sure what's going on there.

- Third Lieutenant says "Repair to the Surf Club immediately. The AAF are attacking our position." I'm assuming Repair is meant to be Return?

Bug: The large supply crate at the ERV caught fire after an autosave load and sunk into the ground

- Is there anything to do with the mortar if I bring it back without the tripod? I wasn't sure. I looked around for a bit and didn't see anything.

- So I guess I'm going to stop playing this one and wait until it get's fixed because it seems completely broke right now. It's a shame too because it started out so interesting.

- Atmosphere was really well done again

Can you guys tell me what dirt you have been using in fortifications? I feel like I saw a lot of it in Avenging Furies. I can't seem to find it in the editor. I thought it might have been Rampart but that seems too big and the color seems slightly off. It's behind the timber here: (Spoilers Beyond Hope - Avenging Furies) https://youtu.be/lO0W95BEirg?t=109

Spoilers Beyond Hope

Spoiler

Why didn't you guys directly add the Gorgon to the FIA side?

Also, this is what I was talking about the other day with some of the buildings having messed up geometry that causes grenades to bounce back: https://youtu.be/nGtww47DhCM?t=559

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wiki said:

Nope.

Thanks

Hi there,
we will take a look. Thanks for your deep testing of this bug! :)

@Karloff

In Fait Accompli, SF part:

medic is number 2 but it's number 4 who has the medikit hence the medic cannot heal.

We have to make them swap the backpacks manually.

7 hours ago, jakerod said:
Spoiler

- Third Lieutenant says "Repair to the Surf Club immediately. The AAF are attacking our position." I'm assuming Repair is meant to be Return?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/repair

Had to post a reply! I had an officer at Sandhurst come out with this, cos we all took the mick. Not sure if it's mainly military slang or not but repair's definitely correct in this sense.  

Spoiler

Can you guys tell me what dirt you have been using in fortifications? I feel like I saw a lot of it in Avenging Furies. I can't seem to find it in the editor.

Looks to me like those low mound walls with some craters. A mix of editor objects rather than a single one.

• Like 1