Tom_48_97

Tac-Ops Mission Pack Military Operations

Spoiler

Image of the error message I was getting at the end of Disintegration Point playing as infantry. Still wasn't able to complete this.
Looked to see if my IFV was destroyed by a mine in Dourdan the last time I played but there wasn't one. I think it must have hit the destroyed BTR and then exploded.

I think Avenging Furies might be one of the best missions you guys have ever made. Not as good as Ambush of course, that's impossible, but it is definitely up there with it. I don't think I have had any problems in it and each submission was a lot of fun.

Spoiler

You guys have been doing a great job with fortifications. In the mechanized portion of Avenging Furies I felt like I was in trenches at a few points which was a cool feeling that I haven't seen from you guys before.

Stepping Stone spoiler

Spoiler

Also, great idea with the African troops. That was a good way to bring some more depth to the universe without the need for additional assets.

The intro to Steel Pegasus is really awesome too. Too late at night to really start playing it though. Maybe tomorrow.

My main problem with Avenging Furies is that I just can't find a backpack. I want to pick up a light machine gun, but I can't carry any ammo for it. If I had known this before, I'd kept the backpack I found in the mission prior.

Overall i thought it was pretty good though wish we had better storys, like what we saw in Laws of War. But the ability to choose how you will be involved with some of the missions was really cool.

Now a few things about the missions starting with Beyond Hope part 2

Spoiler

Falcon team part is far too easy due to the 50 cal on the hill, which is all i needed to defeat all the infantry and all the vehicles including the APC. Now this i think can be improved a little bit, by having the APC and the vehicles in general unload troops behind the hill out of view of the 50 cal. Mostly for the APC because when it stops on that road in view of the checkpoint and you, it is an extremely easy target and all the troops it drops off are even more screwed. Which you have to admit is kind of a dumb thing to do. Because it makes your vehicle vulnerable to the enemy forces and also leaves the troops you are dropping off exposed.

now for Steel Pegasus

Spoiler

This was the worst mission of them all, because everything is AT. And there are really no good places to position your APC. Thus though out the entire mission i was having to repair my APC, because every time I had to fight the enemy i got my tires shredded or something else messed up. All of this made worse by the fact your thermals don't work, so trying to quickly spot the enemy before they damage something is a pain. So even though I was in an armored vehicle with a very good weapon set up, i felt pretty ineffective. To the point I feel like I would have been better off, jumping out of the APC and going on foot. Which should be an option for this mission, because that would be so much better. Because you have quite a few nice areas for infantry combat and even combat against vehicles.

In Stepping Stone, I got this error message

Spoiler

in the second mission, while trying to take Dourdan. I think it appears when all enemies are dead, hence the mission cannot finish

1511003455-arma-3-11-18-2017-12-09-54-01

Has anyone managed to finish this mission as infantry guy?

Did anyone already find out how to script the new visual map briefings? There are new functions such as bis_fnc_animatedScreen, etc. but I can't get them to work, and the examples provided in the function script don't really help. It doesn't look hard to do, it's just that I don't know what exactly to do to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lexx said:

Did anyone already find out how to script the new visual map briefings? There are new functions such as bis_fnc_animatedScreen, etc. but I can't get them to work, and the examples provided in the function script don't really help. It doesn't look hard to do, it's just that I don't know what exactly to do to get the ball rolling.

to lock the camera on the map IIRC they just spam "ctrlMapAnimAdd" + "ctrlMapAnimCommit" every frame

it's not just locking the map, but the whole interactive briefing things. Blinking markers, etc. Spamming ctrlMapAnimAdd, etc. can't be the right way for this.

Feature proposal

I really appreciate the African variant of CSAT units, but only two of them are available in the Editor (under Men (history)).

As a modder and mission maker, I think it could be better to have all the units of the African CSAT under CSAT >> Men (african).

And it could be really cool to have them in both Eden and Zeus!

The base class is:

• O_A_soldier_base_F

Units classes are:

• O_A_medic_F
  • O_A_officer_F
  • O_A_soldier_A_F
  • O_A_soldier_AA_F
  • O_A_soldier_AR_F
  • O_A_soldier_AT_F
  • O_A_soldier_F
  • O_A_soldier_GL_F
  • O_A_soldier_LAT_F
  • O_A_soldier_M_F
  • O_A_soldier_SL_F
  • O_A_soldier_TL_F

Another cool addition would be to add a universal class (hidden in editor like all other universal classes, which could be used for custom zeus missions and in missions with respawn inventory enabled):

• O_A_soldier_universal_F
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hector Corral said:

Feature proposal

I really appreciate the African variant of CSAT units, but only two of them are available in the Editor (under Men (history)).

As a modder and mission maker, I think it could be better to have all the units of the African CSAT under CSAT >> Men (african).

And it could be really cool to have them in both Eden and Zeus!

The base class is:

• O_A_soldier_base_F

Units classes are:

• O_A_medic_F
  • O_A_officer_F
  • O_A_soldier_A_F
  • O_A_soldier_AA_F
  • O_A_soldier_AR_F
  • O_A_soldier_AT_F
  • O_A_soldier_F
  • O_A_soldier_GL_F
  • O_A_soldier_LAT_F
  • O_A_soldier_M_F
  • O_A_soldier_SL_F
  • O_A_soldier_TL_F

Another cool addition would be to add a universal class (hidden in editor like all other universal classes, which could be used for custom zeus missions and in missions with respawn inventory enabled):

• O_A_soldier_universal_F

This way you guys can also say it introduces 1 new faction :f:, so "includes no new assets" wouldn't be a true statement. 

Woah woah woah... African CSAT? What are they used for?

Most of it seems pretty straightforward with the examples. Presumably animatedScreen is for the campaign intros, with the layers of still images, not the map.

Well, yes. If it were that straight forward, I wouldn't have asked the question. :>

In LZ Nowhere,

Spoiler

where is the medic I gotta help?

I found the pilote, but no sign of medic whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, wiki said:

In LZ Nowhere,

Reveal hidden contents

where is the medic I gotta help?

I found the pilote, but no sign of medic whatsoever.

Spoiler

Just follow the coastline to your right and there will be a small hill with a few AAF soldiers and a medic trying to stabilize a NATO soldier. I'd say it's about 300-400m from the crash site.
if you're near the pilot just go straight to the shore, it's about 150m to medic in that direction.

6 hours ago, lexx said:

Hi there, first of all, thx for the valuable feedback. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.  ;)

Regarding the briefings. There is a function called animatedBriefing. But it is just a part of the framework. It utilizes another function - eventTimeline (same as in animatedOpenings) which you might find useful also for other things. Feel free to use also functions for resizing, moving (linear interpolation used), hiding and rotating the markers. The animatedScreen function is kinda framework for working with control layers containing images (resize, move,rotate, etc)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vidikk said:
  Hide contents

Just follow the coastline to your right and there will be a small hill with a few AAF soldiers and a medic trying to stabilize a NATO soldier. I'd say it's about 300-400m from the crash site.
if you're near the pilot just go straight to the shore, it's about 150m to medic in that direction.

Got him on my own, thanks anyway ^^

Referring to this post

I have retried several times, still got the error.

Can't finish the mission.

Has anyone succeed?

41 minutes ago, wiki said:

Referring to this post

I have retried several times, still got the error.

Can't finish the mission.

Has anyone succeed?

Was just playing through and alt-tabbed to see if someone else is having trouble with this mission. I'm getting some error and it crashes to desktop. I checked steam cache and arma re-downloaded 177MB of something, gonna try to replay it once again. Fingers crossed..

Nope, no luck, still getting 0xC0000005 STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION shortly after

Spoiler

attacking Point Yellowstone

I finished this mission without problems on the second dev-branch day.

7 minutes ago, lexx said:

I finished this mission without problems on the second dev-branch day.

Hum...

I restarted the mission, checked the steam files, etc...
No change, still have the error message - and I bet it appears when all the enemies are done.

Spoiler

No more movement in Dourdan, my team and I are in the middle of the city along with the other squads, and nothing happens.

The MBT stands on the hill south of the town, and nothing happens.

Just now, wiki said:

Hum...

I restarted the mission, checked the steam files, etc...
No change, still have the error message - and I bet it appears when all the enemies are done.

Hide contents

No more movement in Dourdan, my team and I are in the middle of the city along with the other squads, and nothing happens.

The MBT stands on the hill south of the town, and nothing happens.

Spoiler

I had my guys go out from the town in all directions and they never ran into anything. I only found 1 surrendered CSAT guy on my second playthrough and as a good soldier I am not willing to shoot him. I eventually decided to launch an attack on La Trinite and then meet up with the forces in the north. I got about 3/4 of the way through the town before I got bored.

I can't even finish previous objective, game just crashes soon after

Spoiler

I regroup with IFV before attacking Point Yellowstone.

what is the win condition for fait accompli? I killed all the enemies at the final objective, but the mission won't end.

EDIT: had to actually blow up the APC instead of disabling it and killing the crew.

also i'm getting the same problem as others are on the mission after that- can't complete it

Why the hell is there a

Spoiler

dead miller under a bridge in to_c03m01 (Steel Pegasus mission 1)

• Sad 2

On 11/17/2017 at 2:40 PM, jakerod said:

Stepping Stone Spoilers

Hide contents

I played through each Stepping Stone mission once as infantry and the first mission as SF. Here's some feedback:

Overall for Stepping Stone

- I feel like Beyond Hope was better in the atmosphere department especially when you compare the first Stepping Stone one. It's still a fun Operation though.

- I think dead bodies disappear too fast and too noticeably. I had one CSAT guy who I shot from about 20m away (after he ran through a wall I think) disappear as I walked over to his body which was weird. A similar thing happened to a friendly guy who died right next to me. He disappeared after about 15 seconds.

- There were two scripting errors in this operation that I mention below.

- I feel like I don't have as many good stories from this one when compared to Beyond Hope and I have played more "missions/perspectives" in Stepping Stone than Beyond Hope. Maybe I just wasn't be as ballsy or something though.

Mission #1:
Special Forces:
- If the gunner on the mortar is dead and you're standing 10m away from it they will still say they're going to call in an airstrike. I feel like your  character should immediately explain the situation in this case.

- There was some kind of missing file/function error in a black bar when the airstrike is aborted. I tried to get a screenshot but steam wasn't being cooperative.

- Is the airstrike being called something that always happens or does it only happen if you take too long?

- I was able to identify the old Soviet armor from the first mortar position... actually further away than that really. I'm not sure if that's intentional or not. I do think it would have been cooler to have this armor somewhere that it was in the original OFP campaign but I think the only time that would have worked is with a shilka wreck near Saint Marie or armored wrecks in Chapoi. Or maybe armored wrecks between Chapoi and Le Riverie.

Infantry:

- As someone else said, the static MG in the house at the first objective was too low or the AI wasn't paying attention. He had a good opportunity to waste me but didn't.

- The objective after the first one where you're supposed to cut the guys off completed before I was even near the position I was supposed to secure. The same is true for the third one. The other squad got to it much faster than me and cleared it while I was still 100m away which was a little disappointing.

- The path finding for the friendly IFV is kind of annoying as you approach the last objective. I told my IFV to move up to my position and he drove down into Cancon and got himself blown up as he approached the objective from the far side. Although I used this to my advantage the next time, drove into Cancon, parked it behind a wall and engaged from there.

Overall (for Mission #1):

- I felt like the infantry portion of this mission was a lot less atmospheric than the Beyond Hope missions. I felt like there were long stretches of time where the other friendly squads just sat there and there was no combat. Maybe some artillery strikes in the distance could liven it up a bit. It just didn't feel like a large assault as I was moving up to the first objective but I might have been playing too cautiously and that allowed the other squads to clear things out faster. The SF one was better about it though. 

Mission #2:

Infantry
- After Houdan was taken, I looked down toward the beach with binoculars and saw the guy in the blue house. My character then reported taking fire from it even though he never fired. Maybe he should only report it if the guy actually fires.
- When I cleared out Dourdan I got a black popup error about missing func infpersistence or something like that at about the same time as the infantry surrendered I think
- I'm not sure why but the mission would not complete and the inf persistence error stayed on my machine. I'm assuming they're related. I would have taken a screenshot but Steam wouldn't take it. I'm not sure if I needed to do something else but all the remaining enemies that I could fine had their hands in the air. The counter-attack had been destroyed.

- Nice touch with the dead guy propped up against the wall in the blue house. I was a bit confused by him. It only seems kind of weird because that's never happened in a mission before. So I got a little distracted by it and killed by someone else.
- I was a bit disappointed that an enemy armored counterattack didn't force me to an evacuation helicopter after we took Houdan but that armored  counter-attack at Dourdan kind of gave me that good ole Ambush nostalgia feel. Is it possible to be forced to evacuate?
- I was walking along the road between the two objectives near the beach. I walked into a group of czech hedgehogs and said to myself "I feel like there should be landmines here". Then there was a beep and a boom. I survived but then #2 stepped on another one and got himself killed. That was good placement. The AI was a bit annoying. I backtracked and went around but two of my AI still decided to walk through that area and trigger another mine. That will teach me to follow roads though.

- The static MG east of Dourdan didn't fire back at me even though I spent about half a clip firing at him. I feel like he should have been able to locate me by that time.

- I lost my IFV in Dourdan for some unknown reason. Maybe a mine but it seemed like a weird place for a mine. It just exploded behind a destroyed BTR on the main road in the center of town. I didn't hear anything fire and all the enemies enemies were already dead or surrendered. There was a crater next to it and part of the house was destroyed but that might have already been there. It was kind of confusing.

- One of my AI got stuck at the front wall of Houdan and I had to use a pickup truck to nudge him about 15m away from a wall. He refused to move otherwise. Probably not much can be done about it. He also was better after I died and reloaded the mission before I got him unstuck.

- Does your guy same something if he kills civilians in Houdan? I fired a UGL round, missed, it exploded behind a wall, and he went "I'm not going to get away with that." I wasn't sure what he was referring to but I assumed killing civilians. I died before I found out if I hit civilians.

Special Forces
- Haven't played yet. Was going to reload my infantry one and see if I can get it to complete once Dourdan is clear and then move onto it.

Overall (for Mission #2): I enjoyed it but was disappointed it didn't end. I understand it was probably just a small bug though. Look forward to trying the Special Forces role. I found this mission more fun than the first Stepping Stone one but that one does have it's moments too.

Hi, about persistence error - could you please attach your save files?  

This isn't really a problem with the Tac Ops DLC itself, but while testing it this happened.

I have heard that the Tanks DLC will bring vehicle physics improvements?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1