Sign in to follow this  

How to give orders to the AI while editing in Eden editor?

Hi all,

I  need help with giving orders to the Al to follow me,to move somewhere etc. while creating a mission via the Eden editor.

For an example;I have added a few APC's,a few tanks ,a jet,  a helicopter and also soldiers;how do I give an order to all of them, to follow me to or attack the enemies who are somewhere on the map?

I tried with pressing the tilde key,but I have  never found an ''move there'' or ''follow me'' order in the menu!

Please help me!

Thanks to all in advance!

Best regards!

On 11/13/2017 at 11:17 PM, orllak32 said:

Hi all,

I  need help with giving orders to the Al to follow me,to move somewhere etc. while creating a mission via the Eden editor.

For an example;I have added a few APC's,a few tanks ,a jet,  a helicopter and also soldiers;how do I give an order to all of them, to follow me to or attack the enemies who are somewhere on the map?

I tried with pressing the tilde key,but I have  never found an ''move there'' or ''follow me'' order in the menu!

Please help me!

Best regards!

don't think you can in the editor, you can only issue orders within the mission itself.

I think he means when i preview the mission in the editor how do i give AI orders under my command.

@orllak32Theres about 20 videos on utube on how to command AI or you can use the field manual here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Field_Manual_-_Commanding

I'm assuming you are doing this because you cant command AI while you are editing, only when you are previewing the mission in the editor.

On 13/11/2017 at 5:17 PM, orllak32 said:

Hi all,

Please help me!

Best regards!

Just to be safe here....you do group the units (you wanna give orders to) to you as Team Leader, right?

29 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Just to be safe here....you do group the units (you wanna give orders to) to you as Team Leader, right?

Yes yes exactly :)

Just now, orllak32 said:

Yes yes exactly :)

Yes yes  you did group them..or yes yes that was the problem?

2 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

Yes yes  you did group them..or yes yes that was the problem?

That was the problem

I also need help for my new thread : 

Just now, orllak32 said:

That was the problem

Great news...so now you could move a step forward and learn about  High Command module......

HERE or better HERE

Have fun Brother..

1 minute ago, zagor64bz said:

Great news...so now you could move a step forward and learn about  High Command module......

HERE or better HERE

Have fun Brother..

Thank you very much! By the way could you plesse help me for my new thread?

Here you are the link:

8 minutes ago, orllak32 said:

I also need help for my new thread : 

AFAIK there is not a reliable editor-only solution to your problem. However you don't need to be a script wizard to solve it. Look into  THIS.. a simple solution could be to have a unit INSIDE the building and use the fireAtTarget command to get the chopper to fire at UNIT inside the building. Not tested, but worth a try.

3 minutes ago, zagor64bz said:

AFAIK there is not a reliable editor-only solution to your problem. However you don't need to be a script wizard to solve it. Look into  THIS.. a simple solution could be to have a unit INSIDE the building and use the fireAtTarget command to get the chopper to fire at UNIT inside the building. Not tested, but worth a try.

Thank you soo much! 

Anyway if someone has some new info about my new thread,I would please him to tell me!

Thanks in advance!