Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

How to "random setObjectTexture" ?

Is it possible to implement randomization in "setObjectTexture"?

Something like:

_color = [random 1,random 1, random 1, 1];

_object setObjectTexture [0,'#(argb,8,8,3)color( _color )'];

Please note that I am NOT looking for someting like:

_ran = round (random 3)

if (ran == 0) then { _object setObjectTexture [0,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'];

if (ran == 1) then { _object setObjectTexture [0,'#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,1,0,1)'];

etc.

My method:

_object setObjectTexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color("+str random 1 + "," + str random 1 + "," + str random 1+",1)"] ;

[_object, [0, format["#(argb,8,8,3)color(%1,%2,%3,1)", random 1, random 1, random 1]]] remoteExec ["setObjectTexture",0 , netId _object];

This should set the same color for everyone to see.

Thank you both for your help. I just didn't think of the argument to be a string ^^

@Tajin: wouldn't "setobjecttextureGlobal" do the same concerning multiplayer accordance? At least a community statement says "The effect is persistent and will be synchronized for players who join in progress".

31 minutes ago, roguetrooper said:

Thank you both for your help. I just didn't think of the argument to be a string ^^

@Tajin: wouldn't "setobjecttextureGlobal" do the same concerning multiplayer accordance? At least a community statement says "The effect is persistent and will be synchronized for players who join in progress".

Yes, no need to use remoteExec with setObjectTexture since there is global version for it.

Right, I forgot about that one. ^^