LifeSnatcher

Creating mission in Eden Editor and then extracting script to dynamicly spawn in later

I'm New to this so I'm not up on the terminology so I'm having a hard time finding; if it even exists, the functionality to have a mission file that loads in pre built AO's from script files. My thinking is that i have this awesome editor that allows me to place all the units, elements, triggers, functionality, etc... Why cant I simply grab all those elements and export them to a script file, rather than create a script file and manually type in all all of it to spawn in and what not.

I am trying to avoid using the AI dynamic random spawner tools. Id like to put the time in to create AO's, have them be called based on a trigger and then have them unloaded on trigger.

if this doesn't exist then for the love mike I'm willing to work with someone to create it.

There's a few ways to do this actually, if I understood correctly:

You want to place objects in the editor and during mission runtime, depending on which task or AO has to be done by the players you want to dynamically place those previous objects?

There's BIS_fnc_ObjectsGrabber so you can save certain objects to a template array, and use that array together with BIS_fnc_ObjectsMapper to spawn them mid mission.

Also of interest could be Custom_Composition to save some work.

Cheers

Well sort of what im looking for. To elaborate, I have a mission file that has an area that i populated with a simulated beach landing and FOB setup. i would like to copy all the way points, triggers, units with their parameters and somehow save them to a script file that i can later call on a different mission file running on a server. the Idea is to enable my self to create say 30 missions and call them at random and or on triggers on a server so that users can complete them. I don't want to manually write these as scripts, but rather find a method to export the work done in eden editor and export just the small area i set up with AI and their functionality.

Its most likly that i just dont understand the arma configuration and tools well enough to know if this is even possible. With the existence of the editor I thought that arma must be already doing this simply to run the mission.

so, i spoke with out trying what you suggested first.

I was able to take my whole AO in to VR and save and Composition. However, when i tried to bring back in to the editor it all blew up. Literally ha.

Thank you for putting me on the right path. Now i know how to do it, I just need to smooth out the details on calling it in.

thank you so much.

Hey you might also want to look at this if you want to spawn in any troop unit movement later, its good for saving units and waypoints, unfortunately not unit inits... im using it quite a bit and its good for placing down many units + vehicles for a mission and then deleting them and calling again when needed via trigger for example... imo its one of the better ones as it actually removes units of the map as opposed to hiding them, it cannot do objects (statics or compositions) though.