krzychuzokecia

Krzy's OFPL Additions

Welcome to...

Krzy's OFPL Additions

A collection of simple addons made to fill the gaps in legendary OFPL - a Polish army mod originally developed between 2003 and 2006. Although magnificent in it's own right, OFPL has some drawbacks, such as lack of any serious armor. Along the years few people tried to fix this, most notably Corran with his pack. My aim is the same, and here you can see the effects of my efforts.

Addons released:

• 997 (version 0.5, dated 09.11.2017, see below)
  • BWP-(version 1.0, dated 11.11.2020, see link)

lL036aW.jpg

Spoiler

A hard times we live in. Everyday law-abiding citizens face the danger of violent crimes: smelly bums occupying public transport, ugly neighbours blocking driveways, teenagers blasting latest Justin Bieber single at full volume. Fortunately there is a way to deal with this criminal scum! It's time to make them fear our law, it's time to make them feel the boot of justice right in their faces! It's time to call...

997!

This simple addon was born from a lack of Polish Police units that I could use along OFPL addons in my upcoming mission. It's a really basic pack containing one patrol officer and UAZ 4x4 - retextured from Offtime's Jon Doe kit and his OFPL UAZ. Simple as it is, it is enough for my purposes. However I've decided to release it publicly because: 1. being really bad mission-maker I'm not sure if I'll ever finish my mission, and 2. these forums could get a little life! :wink:

Our brave officers and their UAZ (seen on the photo above defending local liquor store from the attack of angry wino) can be found in editor under "Civilian->Polish Police" category. It's really a quick and dirty job though - Offtime's Jon Doe model was already dated when OFPL team was releasing their final addons. In future I'd try to include some of the fixes and upgrades present in Offtime's OFPL infantry units. UAZ could also get a revamp, since in it's original form it is only a retexture of BIS vanilla car - some parts are misaligned, the same can be said about mapping. 99is released under OFF_License which pretty much means it's open source. Policeman unit is compatible with additional effects available in OFPL Events addon - refer to it's documentation for more informations.

997 name is Polish Police emergency phone number. It was immortalized in popular culture in the name of 997 Criminal Magazine - a long-running (1986-2010) Polish TV show similiar in format to America's Most Wanted.

Credits:

• Offtime - Jon Doe base model and textures, OFPL UAZ model and textures
  • Krzychuzokecia - textures, config

Requirements:

Known issues:

• wound textures are rather basic
  • when shot at one arm/leg, wounds appear also on the other (this bug is present on all Offtime's infantry models)
  • UAZ color is a little off on the "sea blue" side (that's still better than Milka colors I was getting initially)
  • UAZ windshield can't be shot through (this is legacy bug from OFPL UAZ)
  • UAZ headlights are invisible at night (this is legacy bug from OFPL UAZ - probably an effect of bad ODOL to MLOD conversion of original BIS UAZ).

End-user agreement:

This is not an official addon - You're using it at Your own risk! Authors, nor Bohemia Interactive, take no responsibility for using this addon.

This addon is released under OFF_Licence.

Download:

Edited by krzychuzokecia
Topic changed, new addon added
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, that would be rather pointless since 997 requires Offtime's WP Soldiers and these require Llauma faces anyway. I'll repeat myself, but this addon is nothing more than a plugin to OFPL addons, an additional, civilian-themed prop I need for my OFPL-centric mission. Currently this mission is taking most of my modding time, so I'm not sure if I'll make some non-Llauma version in the near future (even then, I guess, most people would prefer a nationally neutral Nogovan Policie theme).

However, if you, or somebody else, is up for a challenge, I would happily provide source files (infantry MLODs and .xcf files for textures). In fact, Offtime's Jon Doe infantry kit should be available somewhere here in it's original form (it was using first version of Llauma's heads, which I've changed to newer type). The only thing that's not in public are layered source files of UAZ textures, which I had to recreate. If you would like to get any of that - let me know.

BWP-1

promo_1c.jpg

A simple retexture of CSLA BMP-1 in Polish camo, intended as a additional prop for missions made with OFPL and WP Soldiers addons. Addon contains BWP-1 IFV, retextured OFPL crewman in black tanker overalls, and it is compatible with most OFPL Events special effects.

Credits:

• CSLA Studio - BMP model and textures, used with permission (huge thanks!)
  • Offtime - models and textures for OFPL crewman and Jon Doe unit kit
  • Corran - insignia of 11th Armoured Cavarly Division
  • Krzychuzokecia - textures, config

Requirements:

Known issues:

• Commander viewports are opaque (issue present in CSLA BMP)
  • Commander sits too low in his hatch (issue present in CSLA BMP)
  • Driver's hatch collides with viewports when open (issue present in CSLA BMP)
  • BWP Crewman mapping is slightly misaligned

End-user agreement:

This is not an official addon - You're using it at Your own risk! Authors, nor Bohemia Interactive, take no responsibility for using this addon.

You are forbidden from using any part of this addon, or entirety of it, in your own projects without authors written permission. Additionally it is forbidden to use this addon for monetization purposes including, but not limited to, monetized servers, websites and video content.

Downloads:

• Like 2

I like what you have done, it looks very good ingame. They crew matches the vehicle very well.

It's not difficult to get hold of the addons needed, they are all still available. A lot of files are hard to get hold of these days.

you should try WW3 BMP pack it has BMP but the problem is why you used CSLA 2 BMPs you know it has some tiny problems especially The Viewport

I used CSLA, because I had CSLA permission. I don't even know who made WW3 BMPs, much less if they are still around. Also I think CSLA BMP fits better to OFPL color scheme than WW3.

I'm perfectly aware of CSLA BMP model issues as evidenced here:

On 11/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, krzychuzokecia said:

Known issues:

• Commander viewports are opaque (issue present in CSLA BMP)
  • Commander sits too low in his hatch (issue present in CSLA BMP)
  • Driver's hatch collides with viewports when open (issue present in CSLA BMP)
  • BWP Crewman mapping is slightly misaligned

For the time being I'm perfectly fine with those - I'll fix it when I'll have some time.

well WW3 BMP's was made by Tropic War Team one of them Saddam and yeah there is problems in BMP-1 Model in CSLA 2 Since they did not notice it