Hello all! Here is a pure UNSUNG Echo update liberation mod on the map Da Krong! This is literally just a UNSUNG mod mission that you can load up in either the editor or your public/private server to enjoy. Again please let me know if there are any issues that need to be addressed. *ADVISE: This does not include ACE at all. If you would like to variations with ACE Enabled, I will upload copies of the missions to the public* 

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you all.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1195582852

@Nightwolf2112 Thanks for the mission! This is my first real attempt at playing Liberation and I’m enjoying it so far! But I am a bit confused on what to do, so I hope it’s ok if I ask a few questions. The in-game how-to-play is extremely vague.

1. When I spawned in, I spawned in alone, but I don’t see any options in the scroll-wheel menu to recruit AI or purchase anything at all. I just see an Arsenal, and game settings and stuff like that. 

2. I decided to go east and take “the village.” After clearing the area completely, it says it’s only like 10% in my control. What am I supposed to do to capture areas I’ve cleared? I hit Y to open Zeus to see if there were any friendly groups nearby but there was nothing. 

3. After clearing “the village,” I saw a box of supplies on the ground worth 100 points. What am I supposed to do with it? I flew the Huron over to it, and some of the other smaller choppers too, but I get a message that says I don’t have a vehicle capable of loading the supplies into. Am I supposed to sling it back to base, or maybe I need a ground vehicle or something? What do I do with it once I get it back to base?

I could probably keep going. I tried googling a Liberation “how-to” but I don’t really see anything to help me understand exactly how to play. The in-game guide gives you the concepts, but it doesn’t literally say how to do anything.

@HeroesandvillainsOS Not a prob mate, I really appreciate you making comments and helping me out troubleshoot the missions!

1) In the beginning you do spawn alone with no availability of spawning AI to help. Now this is at the main base at LZ Savage, to be able to actually spawn in vehicles, ai, and buildings you need to construct a FOB. Which of course using the FOB box to the left of the CH-47/Huron. Follow the procedures on how far away the FOB must be to work properly. To make it really simple you can start the mission parameters to have the 1st FOB already built and allow you to have a secondary place of spawning in and building. 

2) Make sure you clear out the area below the village as well. I notice AI spawning in the reeds near the river. For every objective there is a large ring around it, similar to Invade and Annex, to show the OBJ area. Make sure you purge the entire area. The mission will have the last remaining 2-3 AI surrender and allow you to capture them for more information. How the Zeus is set up is very restricted, like I stated in a post to another individual, it is mainly for recon, controlling a few ai but not much else. I primarily use it to make sure AI are spawning properly.

3) In regards to the supplies, you should be able to slingload them with the CH-47/Huron back to base. Otherwise you should get a prompt to 'Push Crate' or something similar. You can also use a land vehicle that was bought from a FOB to help collect the supplies in the form of the trucks, M35/M37, or troop carriers. When you get it back to base you'll have to stockpile them until you are able to build a FOB. Once it is built you can spawn in a containment area, small or large floor mat with a foot tall wall. (see picture below ) This is where you will hold all of your supplies.

300px-ContainmentArea_02_sand_F.png

For simplicity I will most likely make a video explaining how the mission works and link it to all of my missions. I'll most likely just use the vanilla mission to showcase. 

• Like 1

Thanks! Yeah a video tutorial would be extremely useful. I realize your post makes sense to you, because you know how Liberation works, but none of what you said makes any sense to me at all. :(

In regards to 1 (FOB stuff): So LZ Savage isn’t actually a FOB, and can never become a FOB, where I can use the advanced game mechanics (buying stuff, recruiting AI, etc)? That doesn’t really make any sense. But ok, rules are rules.:) You say there is a FOB box to the left of the Huron. So I take it if I don’t want to already have one FOB pre-defined in the parameters, my first step really should be slinging this box somewhere and building a FOB before doing anything else?

In regards to 2 (capturing towns): I’m 100% sure I cleared the entire circle area around “the village,” but I did not see any guys surrendering. Maybe I killed them or something. Lol. Anyway, so basically this is how villages are capture, find the guys that surrender and I’ll get a scroll wheel option to capture them for more info then I’ll claim the zone for me automatically?

In regards to 3 (the supply crate I found): Ok I see, I didn’t realize it had to be slung. I considered “pushing it” but 500 meters back to LZ Savage is a long way to move it inch by inch. :) So you said to bring it back to a base. Does LZ Savage count or do you mean a FOB I built? I take it once I drop it off on the ground somewhere considered a base, it will automatically give me points (or supplies or whatever it gives. Still not sure lol) or is there any procedure for getting the points (scroll wheel, interacting with something, etc).

By the sounds of it I think I should start over. Do you know offhand if there’s any debug console commands I can run to wipe my progress from my profile or should I really just get the PBO and just rename it?

Thanks for the help and thanks for being patient with me! 

Yeah no worries. My concern was that it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, but when I get back from my doctors appointment I'll jump on and do a stream of the mission. (honestly much faster than just recording and then waiting three years for it to upload to youtube). As for the debug, i don't know much of any since i really don't use the debug. I look for the script error prompts and look there. 

• Like 1