Nice to know you're enjoying it. But be careful not to give too much away. Some folks may not have seen some of what you're talking about. :smile_o:

• Thanks 1

ABout "colonels not taking risks", that's just absurd. Of course they do, there are numerous colonels killed during wars, even during the last fights against IS. What wouldn't be realistic is to protect them against any risks.

• Like 1

probably a daft question, but does this project also work with arma cold war assault? the fact that it doesnt come with red hammer, do i also get red hammer 1 by downloading this?

It works with Cold war assault. Which is essentially Operation Flashpoint 1.99. It's completely unofficial and doesn't include the original Red Hammer campaign. That's still something the user has to take care of themselves.

thanks Macser, 

another very naive question. once you have downloaded the game and the patch that sebastian put in his two first messages. where exactly do you paste them.

im sorry for all this, i am quite new to computers to be honest.

3 hours ago, Macser said:

It works with Cold war assault. Which is essentially Operation Flashpoint 1.99. It's completely unofficial and doesn't include the original Red Hammer campaign. That's still something the user has to take care of themselves.

thanks Macser, 

another very naive question. once you have downloaded the game and the patch that sebastian put in his two first messages. where exactly do you paste them.

i have managed to got to the rar files with 7-zip, i am just wondering where to paste them and if there is a particular order to paste them in.

also he said about remplaceing something, whaa?

im sorry for all this, i am quite new to computers to be honest.

The main PBOs go into your campaign folder inside the main game directory.

The other ones,voicerh and editor102, are addons. So you can put them into your main addon folder. Or create a mod folder and put them in there. Most people choose the latter method to avoid potential problems.

Here's some info on mods and addons. The wiki can be very handy, so if you plan on playing around with the game, bookmark it.

19 hours ago, Macser said:

The main PBOs go into your campaign folder inside the main game directory.

The other ones,voicerh and editor102, are addons. So you can put them into your main addon folder. Or create a mod folder and put them in there. Most people choose the latter method to avoid potential problems.

Here's some info on mods and addons. The wiki can be very handy, so if you plan on playing around with the game, bookmark it.

i really appreciate all your help, but im not sure i can make an mod folder without an in depth breakdown of exactly what to do, im scared of messing up the game. i read some of the info on making a mod folder from that link you provided and it seems pretty complicated and confusing.

another problem is that the remastering of red hammer and cold war crisis seems to be in more than one part. part on the main download and part on the follow up patch, so im not sure if i disregard the first one and go with the followup or if they have to be spliced together or something or what.

also im not sure if the remasterings are to be put into the main campaign folder, do they automatically attach to the already existing versions of the campaigns and do they automatically override certain bits of them or what.

is there a better place for me to ask for an idiots guide on how to get this baby going?

i dont want to keep pestering you ha.

thanks.

If you like we can continue the discussion through Pm. I don't want to hijack the thread. :smile_o:

Hello, sorry for bumping  this topic but it seems I have a problem, during mission "Flashpoint" i nthe 1985 Remastered campaign, when Berghoff says to run to the trees to get the briefing before assaulting Morton, well the briefing never happens and my squad just keeps standing there, it makes me stuck so early in the campaign and I'd love to be able to play this one, please help.

I got that too. But I decided to do something I don't usually. Use a cheat. It'd be nice to get a fix, but you never know when the author will pop back up.

Press down the left shift key and the minus key onthe numpad, at the same time. Then release. After which you enter "endmission".

If nothing else it'll allow you to progress. Although I seem to remember it happening again later.

Hi, I downloaded this yesterday, but i have a little problem, with 1985 Flashpoint remastered, in the 1st real mission the lieutenant get stuck and the cinematic doesn't appear, i really need play this remaster, someone can help me? (My Game version is 1.99)

I used an old cheat code, as listed in my last post. Otherwise it won't advance. Not in my experience anyway.

On 8/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, Mounir Bousbai said:

Hello, sorry for bumping  this topic but it seems I have a problem, during mission "Flashpoint" i nthe 1985 Remastered campaign, when Berghoff says to run to the trees to get the briefing before assaulting Morton, well the briefing never happens and my squad just keeps standing there, it makes me stuck so early in the campaign and I'd love to be able to play this one, please help.

so so so so sorry for that, I have been playing some missions recently and i realised that has many bugs! ArmA is so dynamic that one time when you testing the missions runs fine but sometimes it bugs really hard... I remember that took me a while to make some missions works.

Some "fixes" I posted on the main post are wrong, for example 5k vd doesnt work properly, you still get friendly units shoot & destroyed from the distance and like you, cutscenes with no end.

On 11/2/2019 at 4:17 PM, Jose Tellez Mpd said:

Hi, I downloaded this yesterday, but i have a little problem, with 1985 Flashpoint remastered, in the 1st real mission the lieutenant get stuck and the cinematic doesn't appear, i really need play this remaster, someone can help me? (My Game version is 1.99)

again so sorry for that and wasting your time, try using the cheat endgame, hopefully you wont get stuck again.

On 11/18/2019 at 3:49 PM, TiOziNJeff said:

Well done! Can I make some videos about the campaign?

hey if you want i wont say no, thing is, you may find some glitches in all campaigns. In RH2 for example, the levie bridge air assault when you cross there is a fecking platoon that circles far from the bridge and takes way too long to kill them all and finish :sss 

edit: also, there are a LOT of grammar mistakes O.o im ashamed

Edited by Sebastian Heisenberg