Sign in to follow this  
domokun

Waiting for forums.bistudio.com

Recently I've noticed that the BI forums seem a lot less responsive than before, i.e. they're often slow (my browser warns "Waiting for forums.bistudio.com") and sometimes it times out generating the following error message "502 Bad Gateway nginx"

I'm fairly certain that this isn't a client-side issue as I've never encountered these issues on other sites.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

• Like 2

Quite poor forum access today with continual 502 and 504 Bad Gateway errors....

• Like 1

On 06/11/2017 at 12:04 AM, domokun said:

I'm fairly certain that this isn't a client-side issue as I've never encountered these issues on other sites.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

That's not on your end mate, i got this problem for several days now. Very boring.

• Like 1

Yer not alone there. Connection either takes a long time, or fails completely. I did have have issues with signing in too when the page finally loaded. Although I did get some welcome response from support on that, and at least I can log in, if the site loads up. It seems to have begun for me within the last month or so. Getting slightly worse over the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Seems better right now...

Continuously getting 502 and 504 errors since a few days now.

Have to refresh a page 4-5 times to finally get access.

This is starting to get tedious since it has been going on for a few weeks with 1-2 weeks of flawless functionality in between.

Cheers

31 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Continuously getting 502 and 504 errors since a few days now.

Have to refresh a page 4-5 times to finally get access.

This is starting to get tedious since it has been going on for a few weeks with 1-2 weeks of flawless functionality in between.

Cheers

Same here, for the last few days it has continuously failed on me. 

I found clearing my browser cache/history resolved all my forum browsing issues. Also make sure that you going to https://forums.bistudio.com rather than forums.bistudio.com 

Didn't help, also flushed dns, ate all the cookies and all the typical yadda yadda.

Seems to be hit or miss as of late, you either get into the forums in an instant or it takes multiple refreshes and 4-5 minutes to open a page.

Cheers

• Like 1

Clearing the cache had no effect for me either. Nor did trying different browsers. Or even operating systems. 

Perhaps there's an increase in traffic to the site? As with others it's intermittent. It can be fine for a few days, then all of a sudden I just can't connect or lose connection while browsing the site. And that can last for a few days to a week. As I mentioned above, it's a fairly recent development. It could be client side. But there's one or two other things I've experienced, that may point elsewhere.

Like getting to the home page, eventually, signing in, and being brought to a blank page with the words "SIGN IN" across the top. And no access. But if I went to the store page and then clicked the log in button I'm apparently logged in already. Yet still unable to access the site.

Thankfully support sorted that out quite quickly. But connecting in general is still a bit hit and miss. Yesterday I stopped trying as it just refused to connect at all. I got the same 504/502 errors as usual.