Sign in to follow this  
M. Glade

Is selling mods allowed, legally?

I'm not sure where to put it,  but I've seen quite a few people start selling mods on, as usual, the Steam Workshop. Here is an example (https://armaservices.net)...

I swear I read somewhere that charging for server entry was allowed but selling mods alone was not. Staff, if you'd like to delete/hide this thread please do so, I didn't know who to inquire this to so I've created a post. 

"Our games and tools are licensed for non-commercial use only."

"You may develop your own game content, tools, plug-ins and other utilities or services for both noncommercial and commercial use as long as it is your original creation, without using the content, tool or any other intellectual property of Bohemia Interactive."

https://www.bistudio.com/community/game-content-usage-rules

in other words, as long as these addons were made without actually using BI tools (it is possible today by using 3rd party apps, plugins and tools), then there is no problem

you dont use BI tools to write scripts or configs. just using also BI tools for other things is irrelevant

So, if somehow someone created their own version of A3 tools (if the person in question has extensive knowledge of program development, but in the first place you'd need to reverse engineer possibly the entire game) and made their assets implementable in the game, the person can sell it?

Ok, but I'm entirely doubtful that someone will go to those extents without breaking policy in the first place, to be fair this needs to be clarified slightly better in the terms of use. Why is it always the lifers who do retarded shit like this?