sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0E - Echo Released !!!

columdrum wrote it.

he's long gone now though, sadly.

we have mykes GPS targeting system that can be appropriated for a RTO calling in a bomb strike, until someone can unpick colums most excellent module

Getting a lot of crashes on the Da Krong map, like every fifteen minutes. On the Prei Cambodia map made by bludclot I don't crash even after playing for hours even though that map is much larger and has way more objects and might even be more dense. Even on Khe Sanh I only crash once in a while.

It seems to happen every time I turn around too quickly or if I teleport myself across the map. This makes it happen a lot in the editor when I'm flying around with the camera. It spits out this in the .rpt:

Version 1.82.144710
Fault time: 2018/06/28 21:48:27
Fault address:  000001C2 00:000001C2 Unknown module
file:     airassault111
world:    DaKrong
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\pognivet\AppData\Local\Arma 3\Arma3_x64_2018-06-28_20-39-23.mdmp

This will happen with even just two or three units on the map. It's pretty much unplayable for me right now. I have an insane amount of DDR4 RAM and I'm running 64 bit so its not a memory limit thing. Is this some sort of weird 64 bit problem?

28 minutes ago, pognivet said:

snip

Same happens to me.

On the other hand - 32 bit launcher seems stable while playing Da Krong.

I remember that after using one of the avaiable memory allocators the crashes started to appear less often.

i use a different memory allocator - in arma 3 launcher

in params

try JEMalloc

Unsung 3.6E update is on Steam Workshop

Highlights:

• Well, it has mainly been a lot of bug-fixes this time around.
  • Londo and Razorback continue to improve their awesome maps. We had to hold back Razors changes until we can fix a last-minute issue with the maps - hopefully we will be able to publish those in a few weeks time.
  • As part of our ongoing massive refurb of aircraft in the mod the new Jets DLC compatible ejection, sounds, loadouts and damage models are gradually rolling out to the aircraft, along with new functions and features, new textures and materials, and crew animations.
  • Special thanks go to all of the hardworking team (you know who you are!) but in particular to TeTeT, without whom there would be no unsung mod - his hard work in the background keeping the data systems working makes him a true unsung hero. Thanks also to some of our helping hands (Lordjarhead, Horriblegoat, Nodunit, wld427, etc.) who have reached out to fix tricky issues, and a big welcome to new team members Midnight and Diesel!
  • Thanks again to all our fans out there. We've been receiving a lot of nice messages in the past couple of months - we do pass them onto the team, and it really does help keep them motivated.

Outstanding new artwork by Timms

https://i.imgur.com/JRD24tP.jpg

Changelog

Spoiler

Unsung Vietnam War Mod
July 4 2018
3.6E CHANGELOG

//////////////VEHICLES/////////////////
fixed side in opfor truck groups
Sampans: Removed small Sampan as it wiggled and jerked around. Increased Speed by 10 km/h for all Sampans to make them operationally more viable
PBR: Improved at high speed
Zu23: optimised muzzleflashes
Jeep and Commando: Fixes for mirror, dust fx
Jeeps, Dodge and M35, East trucks and halftracks: TFAR long range radio support - add tf_hasLRradio = 1
M35 truck: fixed missing A3 rvmat
M113: Revamped m113_splotch, m113_tiger_co.paa and uns_m113_cav_co.paa textures, rebelflag and star
M-113 engineer: drive hack - lower and raise plow in initialization

/////////////////HELI/////////////////
added support type compatibility to helicopters
UH1D: Fixed sling load and tail rotor
H-21: Set maximumLoad so inventory works
AH1G: rebuilt geo, shadow, distance lods, hitpoints, fire geo, added armor to seats, added engine and fuel and tail rotor to hit, damage model and rvmats added, fixed glass order issue in wreck
UH1D: model optimised
UH1C: updated damage model, new simplified rvmats, proper hull_hit components, added armorstructural, removed hitlight animsource

/////////////////PLANE/////////////////
A-3b: Fixed hiding of gunner turret
F-4: added experimental two seater ejection
A-7: new skins (by Timms) and decals, virtual garage, normal maps, distance lods
Removed fuelcapacity modifiers as these are nw managed dynamically by new fuel tanks function
Add new damage model to:
- C-1A,
- A-6,
- O-2,
- A-3,
- F-4,
- F-105,
- F-111,
- MiG-21,
- A-7,
- AN-2,
- E-2,
- C-47
Added pylon presets and dynamic loadouts for
- A-4
- A-6
- F-4
- F-111
- O-2
Added working fuel tanks to A-6, F-105, F-111, F-4, A-1, A-4, A-7, F-100
Added support for external fuel tanks upon Air to Air refuel

/////////////////WEAPONS/////////////////
Sa-7 Strela: fixed IR components
Zpu4: fixed damage - had wrong ammo!
Mortars: Added new classes for Frontline
SA58s, AKs: fixed sights
All AK / RPK variants: Fixed fire selector animation
SLR, M2 carbine: change eye point
Ithaca: fixed transparency
m16, xm177 and ak families: adjusted recoils
Model 1912 shotgun: added slamfire

/////////////////AIR WEAPONS/////////////////
Added bomb camera to planes for simulation of TV guidance of AGM 12, laser guidance of GBU 8 and aiming system for CBU bombs
Upgraded laser and radar locking features
Added FRL_GPS system to missilebox, added experimental action to A6 intruder, added capability to - AGM (45, 12) , - CBU clustermines (24, 32), - GBU 8
Removed ARM Detect actions as the missiles don't work with it since last update (omitted  ARM classes of missile from necessary array)
Currently shrike is laser and IR locking. this will be a radar homing weapon eventually.
Napalm upgrade, effects by wld427, bomb animation / configs by wld427

/////////////////UNITS/////////////////
nva 68 aa soldier fixed weapon variant and ammo
added 26th marines patch to patches for Project Delta operations

/////////////////OBJECTS/////////////////
camo net: removed desert camo on far lod
pallet stack: Fixed missing shadow, geometry and roadway
foxhole: removed white distance lod
uns_buildings: updated fire geometry , added some sound points, added view geo,
reshaped windows in fort so you can fire out of them, fixed flickering tin roof on hangar
csj_village and csj_seaobj: optimised models, shadows, fixed geo and shadow lods, added sound points, added roadways

/////////////////SOUNDS/////////////////
new napalm sounds by lordjarhead
buzzard sounds to A-4
shikra sounds to F-111
Deleted redundant sounds

/////////////////MAPS/////////////////
Dakrong and Doung updated with proper clutter, surfaces, and sounds (ON HOLD)
Da krong tweaked areas in ta lieng, added rock formations (ON HOLD)

Khe Sanh Map update:
- fixed geometry on trenches and bunkers on Khe Sanh map, removed damage to prevent trench objects tipping over
- terrain synch added
- river floors prepared for further developement
- paddies around A Rieng retextured
- paddies added at A Rieng
- ponds added to paddies
- small sea added at A Rieng
- some objects added to Lang Vei SF Camp
- some objects added to Lang Vei village
- some misplacements fixed

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just popped on to congratulate you guys on your continued work on this great mod. i have been playing mostly on SP with the Unsung mod since its release on OFP and i have to say its one of my all time favorites.

There is one question i have about the infantry load outs within the mod. The 1965 US Army forces which are using the M16 are carrying 30rd 5.56mm magazines in their rucks. Is this due to the alice packs having a generic loadout that is equipped to the 65 and later forces?

• Thanks 3

hrm they shouldn't be. will check and fix if needed. well spotted, and glad you enjoy the mod!

eggbeast i have had a look through all of the US Forces load outs and have posted a bug report on your forum with some other inconsistencies i have found. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

Note: in this op we were role-playing being cherries on our first weeks of deployment into Vietnam.

So if you hear me babbling on the command net about stopping for tea and biscuits, you'll understand lol.

Squad leader Spanky Mcgavin (our second best m60 gunner) takes a squad of actual cherries out on the op near to khe sanh combat base.

Gotta love it, herding pasty-skinned querulous bumblefucks in constant combat hehe. They actually did ok, and held their line against serious odds.

bird's eye view of the operation - from callsign Eagle 1, flying transport and CAS

same op from Viking squads POV.

My squad (Spartan) sadly had nobody to record it.

• Like 6

On 6/30/2018 at 3:00 AM, eggbeast said:

i use a different memory allocator - in arma 3 launcher

in params

try JEMalloc

thanks eggbeast for the advice. i've always just used the default maloc. i know nothing at all about memory allocators at all. it might as well be moonspeak to me.

how do i get the dll for the latest version of JEMalloc (5.1.0)? on their releases page its all source code and .tar files. i really don't wanna have to compile it myself on this jacked up computer im on. is it in the arma 3 dll folder?

and how would you compare it to the other one people talk about? tbb4 i think its called.

use the arma 3 launcher and go to parameters

you can choose the malloc there in a pull-down menu

Advanced flight model for dummies

• Like 3

Unsung mod reached 66,000 subs on steam today, and have had a lot of really nice messages from players new and old

Thank you to all our fans out there!

Check out the WIP channel to see regular progress updates

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ok here's a fun gameplay contrast of milsim vs public server

public server

yesterdays delta op

both have their merits!

• Like 4

Project Delta op from Cherry Squad leaders POV

• Like 2

Thank you to all our fans out there!

Hi Folks,

Au contraire - thank you and the team for your relentless perseverance - and generosity sharing with the community...

Bravo Zulu !

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't recall if I asked this before. I remember asking, but can't find my post anywhere.

For me none of the mortars/artillery for any side have any ammo. They can never be loaded/reloaded and can never be fired. This is for both players and AI.

I know for a fact they used to work because I remember using them in Delta or Charlie or some older version.

Just wondering if you guys are aware of that and if a fix is coming anytime soon.

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pognivet said:

I can't recall if I asked this before. I remember asking, but can't find my post anywhere.

For me none of the mortars/artillery for any side have any ammo. They can never be loaded/reloaded and can never be fired. This is for both players and AI.

I know for a fact they used to work because I remember using them in Delta or Charlie or some older version.

Just wondering if you guys are aware of that and if a fix is coming anytime soon.

Thanks.

I'll get testing :)

we used them fine in last weeks op, here you can see them being used in our op in June also. no issues with the mortars

Project Delta after valiant defence of Lang Vei Special Forces camp, near Khe Sanh.

1100 enemy KIA for 100 USMC casualties after a 5 hour battle tonight (32 players co-op).

KR1264e.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

here's the vid of that mission, viewed from our air guy POV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know how to get the CAS bombing to work yet? I sync'd the plane to the bombing module, that to the requester, and that to player, however, the plane is grey'd out for some reason, despite it being listed in the support menu (It works in vanilla or with RHS). I also want to say that I am glad I finally got around to downloading this! I've had my eye on it since Arma 2, believe it or not, and just never got to play around with it. A lot of content, and the Vietnam setting is very refreshing!