sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0E - Echo Released !!!

3 minutes ago, reconteam said:

Also a minor bug to report, that lovely new Colt M1911 model isn't ejecting any shell casings when you shoot it. Do you guys have a community bugtracker?

Easiest way is visiting our discord and going into detail about the bug (E.g. How did you produce the bug and what occurs) https://discord.gg/cVfazAc

It would be nice to flesh out the navy but in all honesty there are no plans at all to do so. We would need the models and the time to integrate, since we don't have any boat models beyond our PBR, Sampans and the fictional Vietnamese patrol boat. Would also be nice having more maps to utilise the functionality beyond river patrols like coastal regions beyond just our older maps being surrounded by water.

• Like 1

Yeah ATC(H) Tango would be awesome boat to have. Helipad, 20mm cannons and shit.

• Like 1

Hi how do i get the unsung support menu working?  I have tried every unit with an radio, but i dont get the support action in the "scroll" menu?

Hey all!

Unsung 3.3E patch is out on steam now

UNSUNG Version 3.3E is now available on Steam with the latest version being updated via other methods shortly.

Here's the change log for this new version:

Important Notes:

- Type 63 has been added but is not yet complete, people will notice some issues but it is otherwise functional so please don't report these as we most likely already know!

- Missions from 3.2E will need updated in particular Pre-placed: Jeeps, O-2 Skymasters, UH-1s and CH-47s will be underground in 3.2 version missions and will need lifting up in the editor. This is because we fixed an issue with the autocenter property in those vehicles.

- Any bugs please report to the #bugs channel in our discord which is directly linked here: https://discord.gg/cVfazAc

Post with care: Provide information about the bug, how we can reproduce it and provide any pictures to help specify please!

Added:

- many aircraft optimised to use the USS Freedom

- New MAT49

- New Uzi

- New Jeep Model and Variations

- New Camo Faces and African Americans

- New Da Krong Update

- New Mi-8 Engine Sound

- New CH-53 Engine Sound

- Updated Type 63 (Still WIP)

- Camo M16's in Arsenal

- Virtual Garage to Planes and Tanks

- Module to turn off RUG_DSAI in missions

Fixed:

- Zeus and Editor Fixes

- all fortifications, units, vehicles, bridges, objects, backpacks, vests, headgear etc available in zeus now

- groundholders added for all equipment (except weapons)

- traps placeable in editor and zeus

- RUG_DSAI Fix for voices in Zeus and Arsenal

- Huey geometry damage fix - fire geometry size to visual lods

- Artillery death fixes

- 11th AC Unit popup fixes

- Unit pack fixes

- CH34 popup fix

- Radio init fix

- O2 taxiing

- A-1 taxiing

- H21c texture

- Arm patch fixes

- Tidied models (M113, H13, O2, F111, M48, Sheridan)

- UH-1 Hornet fixes

- M113 Fixes

- Autocenter fix for: Jeeps, O-2 Skymaster, UH-1s and CH-47s

- Arsenal Backpack, Headgear and Vest Dupe fixes

- Mi-8 rotor selection fix

- White Camo faces appearing in editor and arsenal fix

- M34 WP Nade fuze time fix

- M14 Scope reticle fix 

- fixed turret inheritance in P12 (was broken by recent BI update)

• Like 14

May have completely missed it but do the zeus fixes include being able to hear a little Vietnamese man singing in my ears??

3 minutes ago, TheCr8rMaker said:

May have completely missed it but do the zeus fixes include being able to hear a little Vietnamese man singing in my ears??

1 hour ago, eggbeast said:

Fixed:

- RUG_DSAI Fix for voices in Zeus and Arsenal

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For some reason, UNS backpacks do not appear in ACE3 Arsenal.

Edit:

Also, found a minor issue with both the M16A1 (M203/30Mag) + XM-177E2 (M203/30Mag) >> if removing the magazine from the weapon, the magazine still appears loaded.

5 hours ago, eggbeast said:

why would you do that?

If you mean about the magazine part - it's for the realism purposes. Since every other weapon in-game is modeled like that so why not?

• Like 1

can you elaborate on "removing the magazine" i'm not sure what the context is sorry.

is this normal reloading animation or are you doing something unusual like scripting?

can you elaborate on "removing the magazine" i'm not sure what the context is sorry.

is this normal reloading animation or are you doing something unusual like scripting?

What I meant was that when you simply unload/remove the magazine from the weapon through your inventory, the model of the magazine is visually still loaded.

Here are screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/Z85qW

As mentioned, this the M16A1 M203, and goes the same for the XM-177E2 M203.

Like I said, it is a minor issue. But for the realism purposes, this should be fixed so it will not give the impression that players are handling loaded weapons inside friendly bases when it is not necessary, in case of unintentional fire.

I am having a problem in which most of the new camo faces are all white, you can see the arms are still camo. Some of them work fine though.

yes we're aware standby for a fix

ok this issue is fixed standby for a patch towards the end of the week

Found another issue regarding the M16A1 series and the AN/PVS-2 Starlite (the screenshots will speak for themselves):

https://imgur.com/a/A0B8t

Also, some uniforms, vests, and backpacks of UNS-NATO factions are automatically adding gear to the inventory, regardless of what loadouts I made and loaded by script or through the virtual arsenal. Therefore I manually need every time to remove the items I don't need.

https://imgur.com/a/I8eVa

you'll have to be more flexible with the mod, it's a one-size-fits-all affair.

the starlite scope is large and will naturally collide with the brim of your hat. that can't easily be helped.

the pre-filled vests and backpacks are not meant to be used by you in the way you are using them. they are mainly meant for for AI, or for players who have access to the Arsenal in their mission. We normally provide empty version to go alongside those items.

• Like 1

you'll have to be more flexible with the mod, it's a one-size-fits-all affair.

the starlite scope is large and will naturally collide with the brim of your hat. that can't easily be helped.

the pre-filled vests and backpacks are not meant to be used by you in the way you are using them. they are mainly meant for for AI, or for players who have access to the Arsenal in their mission. We normally provide empty version to go alongside those items.

Understood, will try to work with everything as it is. Thanks again for your hard work and this lovely piece of art.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ranger_24 said:

Also, some uniforms, vests, and backpacks of UNS-NATO factions are automatically adding gear to the inventory, regardless of what loadouts I made and loaded by script or through the virtual arsenal. Therefore I manually need every time to remove the items I don't need.

https://imgur.com/a/I8eVa

Also I highly suggest testing without ACE or any other mod before reporting. I know ACE issues will arise but we don't test it ourselves so it's good to understand if it's a conflict issue or actual bug on our end. We'll prioritise fixing bugs on our end and trying to fix conflicts by contacting the teams it's conflicting with to sort out the issue but we obviously don't want to reach out if it does not involve their mod at all and is entirely an issue with UNSUNG alone.

• Like 1

This may have been mentioned before but I cant seem to find an answer.

If I have unsung loaded in my mods it will add itself to any mission i am editing. This is not a big deal more of an annoyance. When I am editing/making missions I usually load up what ever mods I normally use exp: SMA,CUP,UNSUNG,Ryans Zombies. This way I can edit/change/make multiple missions at once. I usually cut/paste code snippets from my missions just makes editing a bit easier. When I play missions I only load mods required, EXP for UNSUNG I load no other mods but UNSUNG. 

Is there any way to stop UNSUNG from adding itself to a mission when you are in the editor.

BTW. UNSUNG is great, my friends and I love it 

thanks

Well there's your problem.  UNSUNG isn't meant to be loaded with any other mods.

@hcpookie

thanks, 

UNSUNG will add itself to a mission no matter what when in the editor, guess i have my answer. Like I said when editing not a major problem just an annoyance. 

8 hours ago, nomadd said:

UNSUNG will add itself to a mission no matter what when in the editor, guess i have my answer. Like I said when editing not a major problem just an annoyance. 

That's normal Arma behaviour, its been like that since OFP. If you load up a mod and edit any content, it will always add itself to the mission. If you don't want to add itself to the mission, the easiest way is to not load the mod. 

• Like 1

Unsung 3.4E is now released on Steam workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943001311

changelog to follow, off the top of my head:

- fixed white faces on unit camo faces

- added damage textures to NVA trucks and AA guns

- fixed shadow issue on M40 jeep

- fixed sandbag discoloration in new jeep

- removed over-sized explosion fx from HE 50 cal ammo

- small updates to Type 63, still WIP

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1