sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0E - Echo Released !!!

Interview with former SEAL regarding the Stoner 63

• Like 7

Is there any way to put down unsung mines & traps while in zeus? I don't seem to be able to find them.

Is there any known issues between Unsung and Alive? whenever I try to create a faction for alive using Unsing the game freeze / crashed. Does not happen for other factions (modded or otherwise)

31 minutes ago, taxen0 said:

Is there any known issues between Unsung and Alive? whenever I try to create a faction for alive using Unsing the game freeze / crashed. Does not happen for other factions (modded or otherwise)

Yes there are definitely issues between UNSUNG and ALiVE although as far as I've been told our problems go deeper than can be simply said. As I've been told we'll need someone confident and fully knowledgeable about ALiVE to help sort out our issue and figure what we'll need to do on our end to solve the problem and fix compatibility with the mod.

1 hour ago, Barden said:

Yes there are definitely issues between UNSUNG and ALiVE although as far as I've been told our problems go deeper than can be simply said. As I've been told we'll need someone confident and fully knowledgeable about ALiVE to help sort out our issue and figure what we'll need to do on our end to solve the problem and fix compatibility with the mod.

When I tried to configure the faction I have a few times gotten the following error instead of crashing:

21:52:58 Dimensions in class pook_S60_NVA should be an array of size 2.
21:53:07 Dimensions in class pook_PUAZO_NVA should be an array of size 2.
21:53:07 Dimensions in class pook_SON9_NVA should be an array of size 2.
21:53:07 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitTurret' in 'pook_PU12_NVA'
21:53:07 Duplicate HitPoint name 'HitGun' in 'pook_PU12_NVA'
[b]21:53:07 Error in expression <rLadder_F"
], 200];

_objectList = _pos nearestObjects [[
"StaticAAWeapon",
"Tan>
21:53:07   Error position: <nearestObjects [[
"StaticAAWeapon",
"Tan>
21:53:07   Error Missing ;[/b]
21:53:07 File pook_SAM\scripts\SITE_KILLED.sqf, line 203

not sure if that is the only issue but maybe it will help somewhat. in general for the factions to work they need to be configured in groups of specific names (the default arma ones i think), but that is no longer an issue as mission makers can re-config that themselves. But if there are other issues im not aware of maybe it would be best to get in contact with one of the alive devs for specifics =)

18 minutes ago, taxen0 said:

21:53:07 Error Missing ;[/b] 21:53:07 File pook_SAM\scripts\SITE_KILLED.sqf, line 203

That would be my fault there.  That would not cause crashes, however, only spam the RPT file.  Which is why you are better off running the -nologs switch to avoid all that spammy spam.

I will need to update that script and recompile that mod for that script to be fixed.  Again, not a game crasher, just a log spammer...

• Like 1

nice, and I actually managed to make a faction for unsung_east now. I have to give the mod plenty of time to load the units (~5min opposed to a few sec with other factions) and then it worked after a while.

While doing it I also got the following script error a few times:

Error in expression <_this animate ['camonet',1]>
Error position: <animate ['camonet',1]>
Error animate: Type Array, expected Object

and when done and trying to start I got the following errors in popups: 

/CfgVehicles/uns_t54_nva/Turrets.FrontTurret: Undefined base class 'FrontTurret'
/CfgVehicles/UNS_ASSAULT_BOAT_NVA/Turrets.PKM_Turret: Undefined base class 'PKM_Turret'
/CfgVehicles.UNS_ASSAULT_BOAT_VC: Undefined base class 'UNS_ASSAULT_BOAT_NVA'

but after removing the boats and t54 from my faction config it started without issues and so far it seems to work as expected with alive.

• Like 1

sheeeit, it looks like BI might have broken the inheritance of NewTurret potentially - maybe in pre-tanks dlc upgrades?

• Like 1

found another general script error that gets triggered by placing a "M-557 Ambulance"

Error in expression < _this select 2;

sleep 0.25;

switch (_camo) do 
{
case 0:{  
_veh setObjectTe>
Error position: <_camo) do 
{
case 0:{  
_veh setObjectTe>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _camo
File uns_M113_c\scripts\randomClientNOCLUTTER.sqf, line 14

and this when placing the green hornet heli:

Error in expression <gun\data\hornet_green.paa"]
];
_vehicle setobjecttextureGlobal[14, _roundels sel>
position: <setobjecttextureGlobal[14, _roundels sel>
Type Array, expected String
uns_air\functions_csj_uh1gun\init_hornet.sqf, line 21

do you have a github or other place to report errors? or do you want it here on the forums?

• Like 1

Howdy everyone, new to the forum, though not new to Arma or the Unsung mod. Been a fan of the mod for some time now, I used to make missions for myself back on Arma 2, and actually I bought Arma 3 just so I could play the Unsung mod with it. Thought it was about time I show some gratitude and love to the people who work hard to make this mod what it is. So, a BIG THANK YOU to all the Unsung Devs for creating and sharing such an amazing piece of work. I simply love it. The mod really is an experience itself,  the atmosphere, the ambience, the maps, the sounds, the weapons, the vehicles... You guys brought immersion to  a whole new level. So, yea, thank you all for making this mod a reality.

PS: Not sure if this is the right place to post screenshots, but, I'm also part of a modding community (which focuses mainly on Fallout modding, though we are not the Nexus), and not long ago we had a screenshots contest on the theme of Military, contest which I did not won though. Needless to say the screenshots I submitted were screens of Unsung (and I also used Direone Static Pose Pack for the poses). Thought I'd share them here (again, sorry if it's not the right place for screens)

bWSPjEL.png

Putting the rest of the screens in a spoiler so it doesn't stretch the page too much:

Spoiler

gHB4tbR.png

WiUAgg0.png

g5rKsUe.png

6DuyoS3.png

3Q6kzRb.png

• Like 16

awesome shots thanks - glad you're enjoying the mod

On 1/13/2018 at 8:52 AM, taxen0 said:

found another general script error that gets triggered by placing a "M-557 Ambulance"

Thanks for the info. Seems that this is a fairly old script that no longer works, if it ever did. I'll try to figure out what it's meant to do and replace it.

• Like 1

That script is the script that the MP/JIP script the M113 ambulance uses to configure a random texture but none of the other external clutter features.  That _camo variable should be a random selection from the textures array.  It has all worked in the past and I haven't seen what changes if any were made to the scripts in some time.

• Like 1

Thanks @taxen0 for the additional report on the Hornet. Seems I forgot to enable show script errors when patching those scripts... It's fixed on svn now. I refactored the no clutter code and hope it works better now. @hcpookie, actually no idea what made the script fail.

On reporting bugs, you can post it here or on our armanam forum at http://www.armanam.eu/forum/index.php in the bug section.

• Like 1

footage from sundays Project Delta op

we had 3 USMC rifle squads, early war kit.

• Like 3

On 1/5/2018 at 5:51 PM, hcpookie said:

Interview with former SEAL regarding the Stoner 63

interesting stuff. watch out for that dead man's pin.

• Like 1

25.00 int othat film you see an indig carrying the backpack-fed m60. i bet he walked for at least a hundred yards with it while the cameras rolled, then collapsed hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I tried playing this today and it says I'm missing a DLC.  What DLC do I need?  I get as far as the final loading screen before the mission loads.  

7 hours ago, asquirrel said:

I tried playing this today and it says I'm missing a DLC.  What DLC do I need?  I get as far as the final loading screen before the mission loads.  

You would have to look into the actual mission you were playing to see what other requirements you need mate :)

E.g.

959e853419b9852918b770a0a7fd6794.png

just to clarify, that's a MISSION related issue, not he MOD

which mission are you trying to load?

if it's my Evolution mission on the Cambodia map, then Cambodia (not made by us) appears to require Apex.

which is why we reluctantly took it off most of our servers.

On 1/24/2018 at 4:39 AM, eggbeast said:

footage from sundays Project Delta op

we had 3 USMC rifle squads, early war kit.

EggBeast is this your server. IE do you pay for and administrate this server? I have been away from the ARMA scene for a few months.

yeah, the team clubbed together and bought a server for $1000.

we host 6 public servers, but close some for unit ops.

we just upgraded our TS to a 512 user license, as it was getting full the past few weekends.

haven't seen you about for ages, you doin ok?

I know I say this every time I post here but I love the mod. Anyway I know you guys are doing this in your spare time and don't have enough developers but are you planning to eventually include any of the larger riverine craft that served US forces in Vietnam? It would be quite amusing to give those ZSU gunners a taste of their own medicine when I come downriver in an armored boat armed to the teeth with 40mm and 20mm cannons. I think some of them had breech-loading mortars too, they were quite an interesting assortment of ships.

Also a minor bug to report, that lovely new Colt M1911 model isn't ejecting any shell casings when you shoot it. Do you guys have a community bugtracker?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1