sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0E - Echo Released !!!

Love the mod, i have a few questions that I couldn't find the answer to by go ogling. 

1: is there a way to deactivate the random ai chatter? The weapons are excellent for things other than vietnam, but it kind of ruins the immersion when my IRA guy is shouting in vietnamese ?

2: how can I stow camo on vehicles at mission start? Ive tried the hide camonet from pooks pack but it didn't work.

3: can I remove the paintwork on the armoured vehicles and just have them plain?

4: grenade launcher sights don't work, is that a me problem or is it known about?

Thanks for all your hard work everyone, been playing unsung since alpha and love it.

16 minutes ago, tacticalchubz said:

Love the mod, i have a few questions that I couldn't find the answer to by go ogling. 

1: is there a way to deactivate the random ai chatter? The weapons are excellent for things other than vietnam, but it kind of ruins the immersion when my IRA guy is shouting in vietnamese ?

2: how can I stow camo on vehicles at mission start? Ive tried the hide camonet from pooks pack but it didn't work.

3: can I remove the paintwork on the armoured vehicles and just have them plain?

4: grenade launcher sights don't work, is that a me problem or is it known about?

Thanks for all your hard work everyone, been playing unsung since alpha and love it.

1. Don't run UNS with other mods.  Results are not guaranteed and likely won't be addressed.

2. The addmagazinecargo (or whatever it is called - check the biki) should do this.

3.  You can't... part of the vehicle's INIT cycle

4. Which GL?

• Like 1

Greetings,

I'm curious about how the ranking system works in Unsung. Do you accumulate points towards rank based on the player's score? Is it persistent through server restarts or does the player start all over again as a private?

Thank you

8 hours ago, tacticalchubz said:

1. Yes mate! Only mission side though there is no way to disable globally: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theunsungvietnamwarmod#announcements/detail/1456215383012410430 < Put the code provided in any Init afaik.

4. Yes like Pookie said if you can provide which GL we'll be able to help as we've recently fixed a lot of our grenade launcher sights. I assume you're reffering to the Underbarrel Grenade launcher sights though? If you are they are still in the works and my suggestion currently is try to learn them in hip firing as most engagements in UNSUNG usually happen within short ranges anyway so for now the more you use it, the more you don't ever need a sight :)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tacticalchubz said:

2: I'm afraid there's no common way to achieve this. What you usually looking for is the 'stow camo' useraction, for example on the t-34/t-55:

class camo_off: camo_on
                        {
                                displayName = "<t color='#199bf0'>~ Stow camo</t>";
                                condition = "(alive this) && this animationSourcePhase 'plants_source' < 0.1 && !(player in (crew this))";
                                statement = "this animateSource ['plants_source',1];";
                        };

So you would need to call from a script or the vehicles init box 'this animateSource ['plants_source',1];' AFTER the vehicle initialization has been done. For an init box the following (untested) code may work:

[this] spawn { sleep 2; (_this select 0) animateSource ['plants_source',1]; };

3: this is even more involved. You will need to find the hidden selections setting in the vehicle class config (use the config viewer) and change all selections to empty string:

Here the hiddenselection list for the M-113:

hiddenSelections[] =
                {
                        "camo1", // 0
                        "clan", // 1 reserved for clan logo
                        "clan_sign", // 2 reserved for clan logo
                        "clan_left", // 3
                        "clan_right", // 4
                        "clan_waterboard", // 5
                        "clan_turretL", // 6 turret shield side - for A1 only
                        "clan_turretR", // 7 turret shield side - for A1 only
                        "clan_shieldmain", //8 turret shield front
                        "clan_leftrear", // 9
                        "clan_rightrear",  // 10
                        "camo_rear_hatch", // 11
                        "camo_gunnerhatch_in", // 12 turret hatch
                        "camo_gunnerhatch_out", // 13 turret hatch
                        "camo_waterboard", // 14 do not use - reserved for clutter script
                        "playmate" // 15 calendar - scripted
                };

For each and any selection you would set the object texture to "". Use a loop for the selection number :)

this setObjexTextureGlobal [1, ""];

This will remove the clan logo. You can also find out via inspecting the init script/function which camos are available and set them via this command to your liking. Again, please use a delay of 2 or more seconds in your script so the vehicle's init scripts have finished. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, tacticalchubz said:

Thanks everyone, yeah it is the underbarrels, the m79 works perfectly.

underbarrel of which rifle? 

• Like 1

All the m16s and car 15 from my tests, i'll disable all other mods and check again, if it's only me mentioning it then I'm fairly sure it's probably an issue on my end.

• Like 1

Any chance you guys will be considering some larger transport aircraft for the mod? Like the  C-119 or C-123?

just asking coz I want to do more of this ZnPWtIm.jpg?1

followed by more of this fat5kpv.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TheCr8rMaker said:

Any chance you guys will be considering some larger transport aircraft for the mod? Like the  C-119 or C-123?

Believe we have a C-123 Provider still behind the scenes back from ArmA 2 although in need of recovery or maybe even in a state where it's too much effort to bring back. C-119 don't believe we have a model for that at all.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, tacticalchubz said:

All the m16s and car 15 from my tests, i'll disable all other mods and check again, if it's only me mentioning it then I'm fairly sure it's probably an issue on my end.

the underbarrels on those weapons were prototypes and did not have sights.

even if they were shipped wit hthem it is unlikely the users (SF/ LRRP etc) would have added them to the weight of their weapon

after 5 minutes practice at the range you should be able to deadeye a gook sapper at 200m

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Barden said:

Believe we have a C-123 Provider still behind the scenes back from ArmA 2 although in need of recovery or maybe even in a state where it's too much effort to bring back. C-119 don't believe we have a model for that at all.

our C123k Provider was lost, we only have a debinned version, which is too much work to recover.

Turbosquid has a 3k poly and a 150k poly model for about $120, both are inappropriate for our needs (we need it to be about 30k poly)

and both lack a cockpit.

so i think we must build one ourselves, or commission one of our freelance artists to build one for $120. Anyone fancy donating for it?

I am happy to spend the necessary 60+ hours rigging it once the model is delivered.

this is what it might look like...

4zTu0Qf.jpg

• Like 6

Question out of curiosity. Any chance for retexture of UH-1B in US NAVY and USMC colors? It would be cool to have some light attack rotary dedicated for USMC and SEAL support. Actually HAL-3 used some UH-1Bs in that role, although with different weapon mounts then the Army variants and USMC UH-1Es weren t that different either (different weapon mounts, avionics, antennas placement etc.) Anyway, those UH-1Bs would be very good stand in for Marines Hueys.

Regards.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

Question out of curiosity. Any chance for retexture of UH-1B in US NAVY and USMC colors? It would be cool to have some light attack rotary dedicated for USMC and SEAL support. Actually HAL-3 used some UH-1Bs in that role, although with different weapon mounts then the Army variants and USMC UH-1Es weren t that different either (different weapon mounts, avionics, antennas placement etc.) Anyway, those UH-1Bs would be very good stand in for Marines Hueys.

Regards.

If someone steps up to do it!

EDIT: We do have higher priority stuff we're getting re textured though so Marine Hueys are fairly low on a list for now. They'll just have to enjoy their new CH-53 toy for now :)

• Like 2

I'd say just de-bin it and work through the parts.  IMO that would be the easiest route.  Why spend money on hobby work ;)

money vs time eh pook

60 hours of rigging is ok but 60 hours of welding vertices? hell no lol

All a matter of perspective no? 60 hours of hard fun working on your hobby is better than working 60 hours at a hard job that you don't like.

easy to say til youve tried it... welding back together a fragmented debinned model is a once in  a lifetime adventure. i have plucked still twitching chickens for a living, and i'd happily go back to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this the same mod from the old OFP days? I still remember that terrain, Ia Trang or something like that.

8 hours ago, Migebuff said:

Is this the same mod from the old OFP days? I still remember that terrain, Ia Trang or something like that.

Yes this is the same mod although our team member who was around during those days recently retired from the team (sgt_savage the op of this thread!), but he's still hanging around and listening to both progress and community feedback :)