sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0E - Echo Released !!!

i have no idea what that mod does in terms of interfacing with other peoples content, sorry.

we just make our mod how we make it.

if you can point specifically to what we could change, send me a pm.

2 hours ago, eggbeast said:

thanks for your feedback and testing guys - we appreciate it.

we did make some changes to the uniform system and some people have also reported a missing uns_uniform_base requirement blocking their older missions too.

deleting the requirement in the mission.sqm fixes that one.

Tip: ALWAYS save your mission unbinarized (it defaults to binarized and then you cannot edit the mission.sqm in a text file).

On the STABO harness - i literally made it in 2 hours flat. It works ok, so long as the harness doesn't de-synch when transported and jump through your rotors. it's also hard to put back up once it has fallen over. I will address this in future updates. For intrepid teams, it works ok. But it's never gonna feel safe. Oh and the "driver" seat has an ability to extend the cable length and also to put on a beacon light for night extraction

Good to hear I’m not the only one with the uns_uniform error.  I was going to redownload it today thinking maybe I had a corrupt file, I can’t open any of my old missions, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to delete that requirement.  I read somewhere that you can through the 2d editor, but I can’t firgure out how to get to it, all my missions are binarized, and I had no clue that was something to avoid

until googling about it last night.

If anyone could offer advice or help it’d be much appreciated!

45 minutes ago, Lucasam said:

Good to hear I’m not the only one with the uns_uniform error.  I was going to redownload it today thinking maybe I had a corrupt file, I can’t open any of my old missions, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to delete that requirement.  I read somewhere that you can through the 2d editor, but I can’t firgure out how to get to it, all my missions are binarized, and I had no clue that was something to avoid

until googling about it last night.

If anyone could offer advice or help it’d be much appreciated!

This might be a longshot but I think that it's possible to open binarized mission sqm files with the Eliteness editor http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19784

• Like 1

A bit off topic (just a bit):

do you guys know about some SP missions for unsung?

Thanks

On the podcast you where talking about not posting on Steam because of license issues, but Echo is on Steam.

if you get really stuck with fixing your mission send it to me in a pm and i'll do it for you. it's weird cos none of my missions have any issues with the update.

but then i suppose i dont place a lot of units, rather i spawn from arrays. so when the update comes along i just make sure the arrays are correct.but we didnt remove any classes that im aware of, so it is strange whats happened to your missions.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 2:51 PM, nicoliani said:

On the podcast you where talking about not posting on Steam because of license issues, but Echo is on Steam.

yes indeed, and we resolved those issues

On 11/6/2017 at 7:18 AM, eggbeast said:

i have no idea what that mod does in terms of interfacing with other peoples content, sorry.

we just make our mod how we make it.

if you can point specifically to what we could change, send me a pm.

on here or on steam?

Nice. Thanks for all of your hard work.

I like the new gun models and animations and I'm especially excited for the working Cayuse and 1/2 ton trucks. I especially like how the shotguns feel with the recoil, but it may be slightly excessive as ragdolls tend to go flying into the air when you kill someone with it. The M60 rig/mount on the Cayuse is really neat and the modeling/textures make it seem pretty real when you're sitting in it. Reminds me of a certain scene from Apocalypse Now. It also seems like you edited the ground/dirt textures on Da Krong, which gives it a much nicer and more realistic look. Now the distant LOD matches up with the close-up ground palette-wise, something that REALLY needs to be done on Khe Sanh! (See issue 2 below)

I have a few problems though that maybe you can fix in a future hotfix/patch.

1. Incredible amount of crashes on Da Krong in the 3D editor. I can't even move my camera near Bahnar without it crashing instantly. This is on 64 bit with all settings turned down to the lowest and the view distance set to 500 in the editor.
  2. (See pic) Khe Sanh has jarringly contrasted distant LOD and ground texture.
  3. (See pic) Black soldiers have very light colored hands. (Arma 3 vanilla problem? Cannot tell.)
  4. Shotguns (specifically M12) can cause enemy ragdolls to flip 20 feet in the air when shot.
  5. If you put someone in a bamboo hut, put them against a wall, put a shotgun to their head loaded with flechette and pull the trigger it will kill you instantly.
  6. Setting huts on fire happens instantly and it can sometimes be hard to get away so you don't take fire damage.
  7. After huts burn down completely they create an explosion which kills nearby people. (Possible ACE problem? Unknown.)
  8. All burned down huts have the same model which has a stone foundation, even if the building was just a hut on stilts.
  9. Punji traps don't seem to work when placed in the editor. Maybe I'm missing something, but the trap is armed with a tripwire. If someone walks over the tripwire nothing happens.

Picture 2: https://i.imgur.com/cXkS2mE.jpg

Picture 3: https://i.imgur.com/JCnu6dj.jpg

You should also try making some extra textures for the vehicles like you had in the Arma 2 mod such as Snoopy on the M113s. I can help with this if you need it.

• Like 2

@pognivet I did some experimenting with the traps themselves and it seems the bamboo whip are a little funky how their set up. I have an idea which ones you are talking about as these ones are supposed to be traps that have been activated. There should be variations where they haven't been activated. 

Classnames for the ACTIVATED traps:                                                    Classnames for the same traps but UNACTIVATED:                                  

uns_tripwire_punj1_d Punji small                                                              uns_tripwire_punj1 Trap (punji small)                                                                                          

uns_tripwire_punj2_d Punji big                                                                  uns_tripwire_punj2 Trap (punji big)                                                                                          

uns_tripwire_punj3_d Punji whip 1                                                            uns_tripwire_punj3 Trap (punji whip 1)                                                                                        

uns_tripwire_punj4_d Punji whip 2                                                            uns_tripwire_punj4 Trap (punji whip 2)                                                                                            

In regards to Da Krong, I would also suggest unsubscribing from the mod and redownloading it as it may be something to do with a bad download. I'm flying around Da Krong, with particular attention to Bahnar in editor and I have not crashed at all. Now I'm not a rep for the UNSUNG team but I hope I was able to answer a couple of questions for ya until the team is able to respond. 

18 hours ago, eggbeast said:

if you get really stuck with fixing your mission send it to me in a pm and i'll do it for you. it's weird cos none of my missions have any issues with the update.

but then i suppose i dont place a lot of units, rather i spawn from arrays. so when the update comes along i just make sure the arrays are correct.but we didnt remove any classes that im aware of, so it is strange whats happened to your missions.

Appreciate it, but I figured it out!

For anyone else with this issue:

Open your mission with delta loaded in the 3D editor.  Go to attributes, click on general (I think it’s general, I’m not at my at my pc right now).  Uncheck the binarize scenario, hit ok, and save it.  Alt tab out of it, go to your mission and you can now open your mission sqm with notepad or whatever you prefer (I use notepad++), find the dependency and delete and save it.  

Close out of Arma, now you can load up with echo and rock out.

Stabo rig looks badass, can’t wait to use it....should provide some good laughs. Also digging the new m60 sound!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea I’ve had no issues with da krong, if anything, the performance is better, I can leave everything on ultra now.

• Like 1

@pognivet

crashes on Da Krong in the 3D editor.

i bet 100% its the memory allocator you are using. try one of the other two available in the A£ Launcher advanced parameters section

(See pic) Khe Sanh has jarringly contrasted distant LOD and ground texture.

known, it's a WIP map, as stated

(See pic) Black soldiers have very light colored hands. (Arma 3 vanilla problem? Cannot tell.)

A3 issue afaik, annoying though

Shotguns (specifically M12) can cause enemy ragdolls to flip 20 feet in the air when shot.

all shotguns use the same base ammo, nice innit?

shotgun to their head loaded with flechette and pull the trigger it will kill you instantly.

to simulate spread shotgun ammo is slightly explosive. do not fire it point blank or it will splash you

currently unsung units suffer from an issue where they take a tiny bit of damage and die instantly, which is why it kills you.

the units will be fixed rather than the shotgun ammo

Setting huts on fire ==fire damage.

known issue - i may add a sleep to the script to enable you to get away

huts burn down create explosion kills people.

known issue - it's default destructionfx - need to edit it sometime

All burned down huts have the same model

well at least they have a model. how many other mods made a burnable hut?

Punji traps don't seem to work when placed in the editor.

they work for me fine

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2017 at 9:23 AM, eggbeast said:

@pognivet

i bet 100% its the memory allocator you are using. try one of the other two available in the A£ Launcher advanced parameters section

known, it's a WIP map, as stated

A3 issue afaik, annoying though

all shotguns use the same base ammo, nice innit?

to simulate spread shotgun ammo is slightly explosive. do not fire it point blank or it will splash you

currently unsung units suffer from an issue where they take a tiny bit of damage and die instantly, which is why it kills you.

the units will be fixed rather than the shotgun ammo

known issue - i may add a sleep to the script to enable you to get away

known issue - it's default destructionfx - need to edit it sometime

well at least they have a model. how many other mods made a burnable hut?

they work for me fine

thanks for the response.

• Like 1

The Flare system.Is there some way I can guarantee that the enemy will set these off,somehow?  I mean,won`t they see them across the path of the roadways?

Just a thought on the textures with nudity - they're pretty corny and don't add anything to the mod. Maybe consider removing them?

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gabe_ruckus said:

Just a thought on the textures with nudity - they're pretty corny and don't add anything to the mod. Maybe consider removing them?

Blasphemy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Don't know if this is in the game... but adding some more realism to recon missions, make rainforest birds make alarm calls, if your a squad is making more noise than usual, that in some places where there are birds that they will start alarming and flying away. This way if there are close enemy they can feel that something is wrong. Add some wild boars as well. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, gabe_ruckus said:

Where is this nudity? Asking for a friend...

• Like 3

14 hours ago, gabe_ruckus said:

What? So it`s absolutely fine to poke holes in the vietnamese with a range of weaponry and throw WP grenades in their face, just as long as there`s no low-res blocky 60s jugs on the walls? I suppose you`d like the playboys and condoms removed from the items too?

It`a called immersion. The claustrophobic jungle, the horrendous close range firefights, the tunes, and yes... pinups on the walls.

• Like 9