sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod 3.0E - Echo Released !!!

Congrats guys!

And thanks for putting it on steam!

• Thanks 2

Hi to all!

Sorry for my question: How to use knives in this great mod? I can't find the answer...

41 minutes ago, Realthinged said:

Hi to all!

Sorry for my question: How to use knives in this great mod? I can't find the answer...

The mods melee functions have not made the cut to Echo, so the knives and bayonets are not usable right now. Stay tuned for Foxtrott though :)

• Like 3

Quick question. I'm working on a Liberation mode utilizing this mod plus the Air Cav Vietnam on SEA. Will I be allowed to post the link to the steampage for it here? If not, I understand.

• Like 1

Was the helicopter music there before?

If not, excellent choice for the ACH-47 tunes :)

And you missed the AH-1

• Like 1

the AH1 has no capacity to play music for good reason, same as you cant drop grenades or flares from its window lol

@nightwolf just add your mission to steam and tag unsung and nam mods in it - you can put a link in here np

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Was the helicopter music there before?

If not, excellent choice for the ACH-47 tunes :)

And you missed the AH-1

Basically for the grenades, its not a special weapon chute or anything. It's literally just your flight chief with an express-delivery M67 dropped out the side of your bird. And the music would more than likely be speakers that the Cobra would have neither room nor need for.

• Like 2

For those of you who are curious (or simply don't like using STEAM workshop like myself), it seems ECHO has been uploaded on ARMAholic

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leib said:

For those of you who are curious (or simply don't like using STEAM workshop like myself), it seems ECHO has been uploaded on ARMAholic

Whoo! Thanks for the heads-up :)

Hmm, bet it doesn't run on my outdated version (don't ask; I have to watch my BP).

Awesome work guys, i'm working on a Vietnam mission atm. Had to remake the one before because of the update, which is no big deal. Main thing i'm wondering right now is how to utilize the STABO rig? I see it in the statics but do the helicopters deploy it on their own? Or am I supposed to add it as cargo or something?

the STABO rig is a bit of a wild experiment we made, a bit like the original - some people may die trying to use it

so don't sue us if you lose limbs lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, eggbeast said:

the STABO rig is a bit of a wild experiment we made, a bit like the original - some people may die trying to use it

so don't sue us if you lose limbs lol

Curious would-be pilot here: how is it employed? Is it set in EDEN editor in advance? Spawned by Zeus? Will helicopters be able to just be enabled with it, or is it something added as cargo? Curious minds (and pinned down SEAL teams) wanna know!

• Like 2

Good fun at the launch party as always, some gameplay here, cheers.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leib said:

Curious would-be pilot here: how is it employed? Is it set in EDEN editor in advance? Spawned by Zeus? Will helicopters be able to just be enabled with it, or is it something added as cargo? Curious minds (and pinned down SEAL teams) wanna know!

So I did a little bit of testing and you are able to sling load the STABO under the helis. However, lol, it looks super goofy. Because the length of the STABO plus the length of the cargo ropes= a very long anchor lol. Now that was with the vanilla sling loading. I tested it with the Advanced Sling Loading mod, which allows you to change the length of the cargo ropes. When I attached them and shortened them, the STABO was at a much more reasonable distance to the heli, BUT you'll get 4 floating ropes that are attached to imaginary attachment points. Still works like normal and keeps you from having to be super high above the trees to get the clearance you need.

• Like 2

The VC uniform - with bushes- is awesome to play and make feel a great immersion playing in the jungle, is very difficult to see the enemies and - I think - I feel to the same sensation that a real life combat against near to invisible enemy.

This is the only one that I follow with "hype" each release.

To me this mod is a perfect example that the new BIS policy about premium content from third parties can release.

Excellent work guys!

• Like 2

im absiloutely chuffed guys, you delivered on steam as promised! thank you very much. i would really consider going for the DLC so you guys can get something for all of your outstanding work throughout the arma history 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyNT19ht02 said:

So I did a little bit of testing and you are able to sling load the STABO under the helis. However, lol, it looks super goofy. Because the length of the STABO plus the length of the cargo ropes= a very long anchor lol. Now that was with the vanilla sling loading. I tested it with the Advanced Sling Loading mod, which allows you to change the length of the cargo ropes. When I attached them and shortened them, the STABO was at a much more reasonable distance to the heli, BUT you'll get 4 floating ropes that are attached to imaginary attachment points. Still works like normal and keeps you from having to be super high above the trees to get the clearance you need.

To be fair the extraordinary length is sort of intended, I imagine. The STABO system was designed to extract troops from areas where a helicopter couldn't conventionally land in an environment where trees could be STUPIDLY tall and densely packed. And thanks for the advice I've been running some tests as well and have started to work out how I can use it (I came to the same conclusion you obviously did, to use the sling-loading system).

• Like 2

Hi all! Exciting news, I am near completion with my update UNSUNG Liberation mode and will be publishing it very soon. I am just curious to know if anyone else is still suffering from the 'UNS_ARMY_BDU_65_F' config error? I have gone through all entities on the mission including the missions.sqm and other files to try and locate the culprit but even after changing all uniforms to the UNS_SOG_BDU_O, I am still having the error pop up. This seems to be a small issue I've had for a while since I think the Charlie release and I would like to see if there is a fix for it. Previous missions I've hosted have had issues with launching on the server due to this config error. Quite honestly, this error is mainly the reason why I haven't posted my mission file as of yet as I fear that it will cause errors on dedicated servers should someone put it up on a public server. Much appreciated for any info on a remedy.

So, I was able to actually fix this before making the post but I am leaving as is just in case someone else is having a similar issue. I had to delete all of my AI on mission and replace them in a new instance before putting them back into the original mission. I believe the issue is stemming from the US Army 1st Infantry Division sub-faction. I don't know if this helps but at least I will be Leary of using that faction for the time being. So far all the other sub factions seem to be okay. As such I will be posting my liberation edit either within the hour or at least in the next 12 hours or so.

• Like 4

thanks for your feedback and testing guys - we appreciate it.

we did make some changes to the uniform system and some people have also reported a missing uns_uniform_base requirement blocking their older missions too.

deleting the requirement in the mission.sqm fixes that one.

Tip: ALWAYS save your mission unbinarized (it defaults to binarized and then you cannot edit the mission.sqm in a text file).

On the STABO harness - i literally made it in 2 hours flat. It works ok, so long as the harness doesn't de-synch when transported and jump through your rotors. it's also hard to put back up once it has fallen over. I will address this in future updates. For intrepid teams, it works ok. But it's never gonna feel safe. Oh and the "driver" seat has an ability to extend the cable length and also to put on a beacon light for night extraction

• Like 1

Yeah overall, the STABO rig is an awesome addition. I'm really looking forward to using it. Now I do have another question for you guys. 

The group I play with likes to play a lot of the Dynamic Recon Ops and Dynamic Combat Ops from the workshop. In the context of using these mod factions, Recon Ops work okay, but the Combat Ops wont recognize the Air vehicles from unsung because i think they are categorized differently from other faction mods. 

I'm just curious as to the reasoning behind the orginization of the entities you have when it seems the meta of most factions groups all helicopters and planes together with their respective vehicle types.