Sign in to follow this  
TYsiEK

V-22 osprey project

Yes, I making a V-22 Osprey smile.gif. But i need some guy who can make me textures for my beautiful bird and i need a patch 1.90 for Polish OFP version to test VTOL simulation. I will put here relase date if BIS can fix very important bug (topic about bug ->here ) .

So, here is some screenshots from my V-22 Osprey.

Osprey beta1 n.1

Osprey beta1 n.2

Osprey beta 1 n.3

Osprey beta1 n.4

Osprey beta1 n.5

Osprey beta2 1

Osprey beta 2 2

Osprey beta2 3

Osprey beta2 4

Osprey beta2 5

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TYsiEK @ Nov. 29 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, I making a V-22 Osprey smile.gif (...) <span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Outstanding Tysiek, Outstanding, get you a case of beer for that ;-)

Anyways, the problem you mentioned... I've to agree with Suma it is more like limitation, than a bug, and I don't think that BIS guys will do something about it...

Let's face it - this game has _many_ limitations like this and you can't do nothing about it (probably even developers can't do nothing about it without rewriting the whole engine from the ground).

Maybe you should consider locking Osprey's rotors at 45* or if you really want to have this animation - using static, transparent discs as rotors instead of rotating blurred proppelers (same idea like in the old Flight Simulators) - you can even texture those discs to make them look better...

I like the skin from beta 2. It goes good with the LSD. I hope that you can make the effect that the rotors affect the way the bird flies. Perhaps you could take a look at the config.cpp file from the harriers that were released. I mean you get the same effect, only different sounds. Perhaps you could make the aniimation automatic and keep the flight model the same throughout. For instance, the thing flies in all directions but when flying up and down the rotors are up and when flying forward and back the rotors are forward. Or when activating auto hover the rotors are up with that action. I hope that helps.

Ya man love the looks of 2, 1 texture isnt preferable to me but the models and overall project looks fuckin sweet!

Good Job

Kevin

I working at this problem. I have done new 5 screenshots from "B" version in helicopter mode with LSD chip and under water. Only Bell's 412 and V-22 Osprey's is my add-ons, not LSD.

Screenshots:

Version "B" in Helicopter mode (B_A)

B_A_1

B_A_2

B_A_3

B_A_4

B_A_5

make the black plateedges a bit lighter it will look better that way smile.gif

the green camo looks good in beta1 no.4, cos it's darker. and is it just me, or do the guys in the cockpit look way too small? other than my nitpicking of tiny things, a seriously brilliant addon, especially if you've found a way to make it go from plane to helicopter modes. that would be extremely brilliant. one addon i can't wait for

I'm trying to make the engine animations with Chinook selections. But i don't know what is the Ch 47 rotor selection names.

They're either called pylons, turbines, or engines. I think pylons hang underneath and are what missiles hang from, turbines are the uhh...yeah the part that rotates or spins really fast and since its called a tilt rotor, so the rotor is what turns during flight.

Hey thats not going to help him find out the names since everything is in Czech damn them lol j/k great game... But heres an easy and fast way to find out names of things just Depbo the chinook addon open the model in Oxygen and take a look at names and youll surely figure out or find out what you wanted to.

And now how bout you bring out some cool addons by creating a Winged Hussar wink.gif that would be so possibly if BIS has released full oxygen than you couldev make new animations therefor a horse or a dog would be 100% possible in OFP.... Other than that great addon. Jest jak jest

Lol the chinook can't be opened wink.gif

I hope thatyou sort it out TYsiEK smile.gif

sorry but how do you think Ballistic made the MH47E? its not a total new model but a edit on the BIS CH47

the rotors have the same selection as the UH60 only the tail selection is now the selection for the back rotor on the CH47

Multiple animations will be awailble in a 1.91 OFP:R Version.

Hi - great work!

Excuse my ignorance, but could the engine units be set so they rotate with the raise/lower flaps command?

Don't know if this would work and whether it would be at all functional or just cosmetic, but just a suggestion.

Looks great anyway xmas:

The problem is that Memory LOD is not animatable and the axis for the rotating rotor are in the Memory LOD so no animations of animations.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (johnnylump @ Dec. 30 2002,01:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For what it's worth the military calls those babies "nacelles."<span id='postcolor'>

like in Star Trek tounge.gif

I dont think this babey could fly like a Real Osprey because that stuppid game limts grrrrrr wink.gif but if it can be done under some way you will be great mate:D.

i think they already known that tounge.gif