sic-disaster

Project Human 1.2 - Making Death Come Alive!

how can we add support in IFA3 for this,  or is something you need to do on your end?

did you look already in A1, A2, OA, A3 pbos for hit and scream sounds?

from what i recall BI had a good amount in them they didnt use themselves

in WGLZ / WGL5 we also had pretty good sounds of that type you may want to look for

@lightspeed_aust Yeah, I received multiple comments like that. I figured it'd be easier to include it as a dependency, harder to miss, to prevent questions about why Operation Flaming Eagle won't run. But I removed the dependency about an hour ago.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, .kju said:

how can we add support in IFA3 for this,  or is something you need to do on your end?

did you look already in A1, A2, OA, A3 pbos for hit and scream sounds?

from what i recall BI had a good amount in them they didnt use themselves

in WGLZ / WGL5 we also had pretty good sounds of that type you may want to look for

It's something we would have to do on our end, yes. We would have to create some code referencing IFA3 classnames and such, so that we may assign particular deathscreams to them. However, all unit mods should work by default, but they will only use generic screams. We could do specific screams for factions too, or era-specific screams (Soviet soldiers referencing Stalin or some such), but we would need some actors to record those.

• Like 1

@sic-disaster do you have someone to do the sqf coding?

overall the coding design could get considerably improved (avoiding the duplication for each faction, make the system flexible and easy to support more factions)

can help you out here if you want and willing to push the update quickly

• Like 6

@.kju  I do, but he's not always active and so I'd like to take you up on that offer! That, along with Brazzer's help in cleaning up the sound files should make a marked improvement :) 

• Like 2

Nice to see you guys joining forces. Would definitely suit IFA to have some death screams and hit pain sounds. It makes the whole experience more immersive. 

After all. War is hell.

• Like 3

Death screams should already work for all mod factions, but with proper mod support we can do specific screams for that faction, or era specific ones :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sic-disaster said:

Death screams should already work for all mod factions, but with proper mod support we can do specific screams for that faction, or era specific ones :)

Would definitely be challenging but by god satisfying.