Sign in to follow this  
Digger James

BIS Spotlight help (PVP/PVE Mission)

Ok, I got this stealth mission I'm starting out and it's gonna have the @akp_spotlight mod, so I what to know is what a simple small line to slap into the "init" to turn on the spotlight.
& what do I need to do to make the static slowly traverse left and right in search pattern in the dark like they're suppose too?

You'll never get it perfectly moving like that (you can make it look good, since this is ArmA there are certain extents) but what you can do is:

retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,1];
sleep 1;
retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,2];
sleep 1;			
retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,4];
sleep 1;
retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,5];
sleep 1;
retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,6];
sleep 1;
retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,7];
sleep 1;
retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,8];
sleep 1;
retardedLamp1 setVectorDir [0,0,9];

To change the direction retardedLamp1 is facing, call the above script via .sqf file. To view this command more visit https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVectorDir.  

Did you ever get this working ? SPOTlight mod

I used this code like the author said:

Consider using the following to make AI use it properly
1. On man init: _man moveinturret [_spot, [0]]; //replace _man and _spot with name of AI and empty spotlight object
2. On light init: _man action["lightOn", this]; //replace _man with name of AI
3. On light init: this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, +4]; null=[this] spawn { while {alive (_this select 0)} do {sleep random (12)+6;(_this select 0) setformdir random 45};};

But the light will NOT turn on combat or not.But the AI will move the turret (spotlight's) position and follow the threat.... So my question is did you ever get the ai to turn on the spotlight.