_Tim

Roads won't show up in TerrainBuilder/InGame

Im tried to add Roads to my map, but they are not displayed in Terrain Builder/Ingame.

I draw Polylines, right clicked them and added the Database Properties ID,ORDER,__LAYER.

Then I pressed File -> Export -> Shapes... and selected current Layer(also tried with Selection and Selection of Layers).

The files are in the data/roads where they belong.
The roadslib.cfg is copy n' pasted from the data of Stratis.

I also tried to make the Shapefiles with Global Mapper and QGIS but it still don't works.

When I just copied the road data from Altis and Stratis it was working fine in TerrainBuilder and Ingame.

roadslib.cfg:

Spoiler

class RoadTypesLibrary
{
    class Road0001
    {
     width = 30;
     mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
     mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway_end_ca.paa";
     mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_highway.rvmat";
     map             = "main road";
     AIpathOffset = 3;
    };
    class Road0002
    { 
	 width = 15;
     mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
     mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road_end_ca.paa";
     mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadtarmac_main_road.rvmat";
     map             = "road";
     AIpathOffset = 2.5;
    };
    class Road0003
    {
	 width = 7.5;
     mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
     mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road_end_ca.paa";
     mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_road.rvmat";
     map             = "track";
     AIpathOffset = 2.5;
    };	
	class Road0004
    {
	 width = 10;
     mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
     mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road_end_ca.paa";
     mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roadconcrete_city_road.rvmat";
     AIpathOffset = 2.5;
    };
	class Road0005
    {
	 width = 5;
     mainStrTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_ca.paa";  // lowercase!
     mainTerTex      = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path_end_ca.paa";
     mainMat         = "a3\roads_f\roads_ae\data\surf_roaddirt_path.rvmat";
     AIpathOffset = 2;	 
    };
};

In the config.cpp I added:

Spoiler

newRoadsShape = "\Hamilton\data\roads\roads.shp";

Screenshot of my map and the database Properties:

Spoiler

hamiltonshapes_PNG.png

Screenshot of my folder structure:

Spoiler

roadsfolder.png

I hope someone can help me.

Best regards, Tim

I just saw the Tab "roads" in TB.

Is it another way to add roads to Arma or is it somenthing else?

PS:

In my first post I mean Buldozer and not Terrain Builder.

Do you have any other shapes on that layer? Its good idea to use a new layer for each type of road (main, dirt etc). Then export selection of layers

I have only one layer named "roads" at the moment with these five roads which you can see on the screenshot.

I've also tried to do more than one layer but I didn't worked too.

You are using pboproject to pack your terrain? Do they work at all in Buldozer when you press 1? Are you using the correct buldozer script?

It comes with arma3p anyway, so you should have it, if you set the P drive up correct

I am using Addon Builder and downloaded the buldozer script.

But the point is that is was working, in Buldozer and ingame, when i copied the stratis road data(from a3\map_stratis\data\roads) and pasted it into my Island's road folder(Hamilton\data\roads).

But as soon as I use my own exported data I get nothing.

So i guess the error is somewhere in the shapefiles and not in the script or the PBO packing tool because then stratis roads also wouldn't work in my project.

You problem is you are using addon builder, it doesn't make working maps. Use pboproject, its what anyone with sense is using.

Download and install ALL these https://armaservices.maverick-applications.com/Products/MikerosDosTools/FileBrowserFree

You will most likely have errors in your config, as addon breaker doesn't do error checking. It just lets you pack a broken terrain

I will try it out.

But an error in config would't affect bulldozer and it wouldn't work with stratis roads then, would it?

You will need pboproject anyway, so there is zero harm using it. As for the roads, have you deleted the shape files from the roads folder. Plus delete the shape layer from TB (you also have to delete it from the TB folder sometimes, as it doesn't do it!)

Try making a new layer, then add just one road and see if it works then

I have just created a new Project imported the heightmap, satimg and mask layers.cfg and textures and then build the terrain.

Then I added one polyline tried it out but it doesn't worked.

Then I tried it with Stratis shapefiles again and it worked.

I've packed it with pboproject this time and no errors are thrown just a warning but i guess thats cause i didn't defined weather and lightning in my config.

Spoiler

23:39:36: No weather defined in .Overcast
23:39:36: No lighting defined in .Lighting
23:39:36: Warning: expected 12 values in the array , but only 0 present

Do you have the map at the correct coords? It's hard to see in your picture,  but it says utm 55, and you have coords in the 70000 ?????

You HAVE to have the map at easting 200000 and northing 0. An zone has to be default 31(0E -6E) Subzone N

Ok, wow now its working.

I used the real worlds coordinates for my map.

Thank you very much, but why isn't it working with other coordinates then 200000, 0? 

14 minutes ago, _Tim said:

Thank you very much, but why isn't it working with other coordinates then 200000, 0? 

The dev's and their "wisdom", welcome to arma! lol

I have another Problem now.

When i edit the terrain via buldozer its not transfered to TB.

When i move around objects it is working but if I use the Brush Tools to lower/raise the terrain it is not written to TB.

This normally should work automatically and doesn't needs a manual transfer, does it?

Edit:

If I use the Edit terrain Tab in TB itselfs, the modificated terrain is shown in BD but not in TB.

Make sure you are using arma3.exe instead of buldozer https://pmc.editing.wiki/doku.php?id=arma3:tools:buldozer

Also if you are using Windows 10, set TerrainBuilder.exe  to Windows XP mode, it stops a lot of bugs / crashes. Sounds like your buldozer not sync correct, not sure what causes it tbh. Terrain making full of random bugs like this

If I am using the arma3.exe and I start BD it says: "Cannot load texture hamilton\data\layers\s_000_000_Ico.paa."

If I am Paste my folder into Arma 3 root directory it is working fine, although I left "Data Directory" in the settings as P:\.

But even if I copied it to A3 root folder BD isn't working as it should.

Layers are broke sometimes. Rule of thumb is, always delete everything in data\layers before exporting your layers. Also doesn't hurt to delete Map_Name.grid.000.v4w as Terrain Builder can sometimes get stuck on it at end of exporting layers.

Sometimes it easier to ask on the Arma Discord (link in sig), as you tend to get help quicker. If no one helps, try asking later in the day when other people on