Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Angels fall first - Early Access

Hello everyone

It has been a long time since my last post. I hope everyone is doing alright.

I'm following for some time this game now but I purchased it only a few days ago and I'm amazed. It is nothing really groundbreaking but it is definitely a labor of love from a former Mod team which developed this stand-alone game. It has no stunning graphics or things like that but it is stunning nonetheless.

Here's a link to a review made by a guy who explains it quite well and there are lots of videos to be found on youtube. I have never ever purchased a game in Early Access that's my very first one and I think it's worth it.

Angels Fall First

• Like 2

Nothing but praise from me too. It's very good, bought it a while ago when it finally popped on Steam.

I kept watching it since they made the first version for U3 UDK (before this I think they were a Homeworld mod team) and I was very impressed with the space maps, ship-to-ship battles or boarding a capital ship, not to mention the ground battles with tanks, apcs etc.

The guys are very talented and it's pretty impressive what they managed to do as an indie team when you look at the sheer content and the lore that's in the game. I noticed that they also work a lot on AI, their bots are pretty complex considering I played in sp a lot.

I want to mention that the game is very beefy at this stage in case someone is afraid that this is still in EA.

• Like 1

I got it on Halloween sales but i've no real clue at how i can play it. Could you point me at where to start to learn ?

Wish I could say "start the tutorial (Initial Intel in menu), it's really handy and explains everything from vehicles to capital ship control" but they disabled it because of the new ui and it was outdated, it will return later though.

Right now the only way is to mess around and start an offline play or have a look at Beginner's Guide.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/367270/discussions/0/385428458167609657/

It should have been their priority especially to encourage new players because ui ain't exactly use friendly. Oh and for now you're better off staying away from advanced stuff like the command menu, let the AI be the commander.

• Like 1

I thought for a second it was the Novalogic game Delta Force: Angel Falls :p

• Like 1

23 hours ago, krycek said:

Wish I could say "start the tutorial (Initial Intel in menu), it's really handy and explains everything from vehicles to capital ship control" but they disabled it because of the new ui and it was outdated, it will return later though.

Right now the only way is to mess around and start an offline play or have a look at Beginner's Guide.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/367270/discussions/0/385428458167609657/

It should have been their priority especially to encourage new players because ui ain't exactly use friendly. Oh and for now you're better off staying away from advanced stuff like the command menu, let the AI be the commander.

Thanks a lot, that's a start. True that some tutorials would be necessary.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 12:28 PM, jw custom said:

I thought for a second it was the Novalogic game Delta Force: Angel Falls :p

haha yeah. Like we'll ever see that get released. Not really sure how they're even keeping afloat. I miss DF2 and BHD though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jakerod said:

haha yeah. Like we'll ever see that get released. Not really sure how they're even keeping afloat. I miss DF2 and BHD though.

I really enjoyed BHD & Joint Ops.150 player matches in Joint Ops was awesome :icon_cool:

• Like 1

It brought my attention today because of discount. Is it worth of time as for SP experience? Seems strongly MP focused. What interested me most, despite being "just a shooter", not close to Arma's mil-sim approach, it's still closer to imaginary "SF Arma" from all games I've ever seen, and you actually can board a ship or station and fight inside, fly, walk the planet surface, ride a vehicle, whatever. Game seems limitless in this aspect, which AFAIK is pretty unique. Too frantic for my taste though. Is there any noticeable lore you can immerse into, or any kind of narration, context, a plot or just random, generic matches without any background?

I tried this game a good while back. Its not a bad game.

That said, I didn't play it for long, but that of course is probably me, not the game. ;)

This game is more a proof of concept than a game imho atm. It's a huge mess with a lot of possibilities.