Sign in to follow this  
mickeymen

Tanks DLС - creation Interriors for armored vehicles?

Hello. :exclamation:  If we consider the upcoming update - DLC Tanks, then for me, creating the interiors (driver, commander, gunner) for armored vehicles - it would be the most welcome innovation for Arma3, which can be related to upcoming game update.

Please Note. Today (v1.76) in Arma3,  !only armored vehicles do not have interiors and this looks at least strange. Why such dislike for armored vehicles!? Why the player does have such a contrast in the simulation of controls of all vehicles and armor? 

I remember that OFP had interiors for armored vehicles and it was in 2001!  I think in 2018,  @BIS need to revive the old traditions, because any vehicle in Arma should have a  interrior, then the player will have the same feeling from controlling all vehicles. In any case, equality it is a fair!

I can imagine, that this is not a small amount of work, but such work, realy could raise the Arma3 gameplay to a new level!

I want the users of Arma3 to express their thoughts about the interiors of armored vehicles, which are lacking in game.

Subsequently, developers can consider this topic and draw useful conclusions. 

Welcome...

• Like 4

3 page topic about driver interiors.

Ive done simple study of possible engine solution with drawbacks and pros hereon this Thread.

It focuses on Driver interiors more than the others

(since driver really needs experience of head/looking freedom of movement, direct opposition of current driver being a tank)

Its clear that BIS is prototyping different solutions watching what can It be done and what can't. Whethere they decide to go

for it or not is up to them I would only ask to present why they did what they did and that they avoid excuses.

Example would be "we can't do tanks interiors because it would take too much time to bring other 3 tanks back on par.

Well first of all, you don't have to bring all vannila tanks on par right away. You can dedicate resources after the DLC release

to correct that. If you felt strong need for that it could be implemented since you have time and resources to do so.

On 29.10.2017 at 11:39 AM, en3x said:

It focuses on Driver interiors more than the others

(since driver really needs experience of head/looking freedom of movement, direct opposition of current driver being a tank)

@en3x, If you consider the question of interiors through priorities, then you are certainly right. This is the most priority for drivers, but on the other side I would like to see the some animations inside the cabin, for each crew member. In this case, a complete interior is needed.

For example, if there is an interior in the tank, BIS can animate the some actions. For example "turn out/in" action, because today it looks very poor - described here

BIS can also make animations when player changing positions - driver/gunner/commander, because today the change of position takes less than 0.1 seconds! I hate this moment in Arma3, because this is an very unrealistic moment, the player must spend time for changing positions or for abandonment/enter of a vehicle.

If the all armor interiors will are created, then it would be possible to improve the changing positions inside. 

I see it thus - first  the animation that will show the beginning of the movement between the positions, after this the player will see the darkness (2-3 seconds) and again the animation of the end of the movement between the position (the player can be see how the character falls into a chair) In general, the transition between positions (driver / gunner / commander)  can take 4-6 seconds and this is already better than 0.1 second! I would even add a status bar so that the player could see not only the darkness but also the time to change positions!

The main thing - is that it's possible to do it, because we already see something like this (animations) when the player changes positions in the MRAP (Hunter, Ifrit)

Yeah good points in regards to authenticity.

I agree that switching position in tank is not realistic and is instant. Its also true that modeled compartment

bring sense to players why gunner can't just jump into driver seat because its physically separated.

The other side of the coin is technical limitations of the engine. Be aware that animation system in Arma is really

really arhaic and what may seem simple (say animation in changing position inside the tank) is  or can be actually

really challenging feat to accomplish. 

Then again is question of priorities - lots of things can be done if minds are times are put into it (reference Bipods - amazing solution)

But are they really worth it in comparison with others?

10 hours ago, en3x said:

The other side of the coin is technical limitations of the engine. Be aware that animation system in Arma is really

really arhaic and what may seem simple (say animation in changing position inside the tank) is  or can be actually

really challenging feat to accomplish. 

Of course, I can imagine it . I said this -

The main thing - is that it's possible to do it, because we already see something like this (animations) when the player changes positions in the MRAP (Hunter, Ifrit)

in view of the fact that the animation system in Arma is arhaic.

For this reason, in my dreams no any revolutions!

All BIS need - is just to repeat the animation system, which we see in the MRAPs (Hunter, Ifrit) , only need to make this two animations a bit slower. I hope to be understood correctly. I did not mean a full animation of the movement between the two positions (from point a to point b). I meant - just the beginning of the movement (this is a first animation) and the end of the change of position (the second animation) 

Between them, devs can add darkness (BIS likes this technique)

Added: Fully modeled vehicle interiors to the AMV-7 Marshall, MSE-3 Marid a AFV-4 Gorgon APCs (more Intel) (feedback)

My God, BIS I almost did not believe it! :don11:

I was almost sure that you would not do it, but I was wrong.

This is fantastic news, Thank you, I love you
@BIS! 

• Like 2