_SCAR

[E2TB] Export To Terrain Builder

On 12/7/2017 at 12:08 PM, Sezon.dev said:

Hello, create in my field with eden editor, which would be nice to be able to import the format terain builder in eden editor. Because thanks to eden editor we can place all our objects, and thanks to surface painter we can generate drill or other but we can not reimplant them in eden editor, we must directly put them in terain builder. If E2TB and Surface Painter could associate to import and export as desired it would be perfect!

That's why there's a E2TB module that you can put in EDEN. This adds a self-action to export while in map. All is in README.

E2TB v 0.11.0 has just been released.

This one adds the option to export the objects with absolute positioning, with an extra attention to the bounding box of the object itself.

A huge thank you to @ianbanks for the absolute code positioning / TB matrices computations, and for allowing me to include his work in E2TB.

• Thanks 1

v0.12.0. released. E2TB now allows to set custom objects to be exported as slopeModels.

• Like 2

Hello, congratulations for your work tool. Without this tool we would not know what to do to place our objects. But in my case it has stopped working properly. I do not know what it can be, but as far as I could see. I think it was after the update that you did and in which for the first time you added the option to export absolutely. Until that update everything works 100%. But since then 0%. I have done several tests. Download again, different folders on the routes. Deleted from Steamworkshop, downloaded from armaholic. etc.. On the other hand, when I export with the absolute option, everything is correct. Except when I add those objects to TB. It does not add anything from the txt file. It is as if it has no objects but in reality if that txt has content.

pFXc52M.jpg

BQzVM6g.jpg

3gjL6xM.jpg

On the other hand, when I export with the absolute option, everything is correct. Except when I add those objects to TB

kLEAXS1.jpg

Greetings and again more congratulations and if someone can help me thanks.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

As per the README if you export in position absolute you also need to import in position absolute in Terrain Builder, otherwise your objects will be flying in the air and you might have not realized that (which is probably why you say that nothing is added).

The other one is a bug which has already been solved and just pushed (v0.13.0), just restart steam / arma to ensure that you get it or wait for @foxhound to kindly update the armaholic mirror too (he's usually fast in doing so). :)

Thank you for reporting it.

Best,

_SCAR.

Hi,

Good job for your work !!

I have a problem with this update and the one before. In fact I work on a map where there is some drop in some place and when I export arma 3 to e2tb ca gives it (no apparent concern) : f535ca75c6.jpg

The problem comes from the import, instead of staying on the pallets it takes the altitude difference

95539977e7.jpg

With the new update I have all tried (export in absolute and import in relative or absolute) and (export in normal and import in relative or absolute)

Do you have a solution?

Regards,

1 hour ago, Casseburne said:

Do you have a solution?

A good start would be you abusing the README. :)

Note

There are certain objects that behave very differently in EDEN and Terrain Builder. These are the objects that have the named property `placement=slopelandcontact` into the geometry LOD.

The intended behaviour for these objects is to stay flat on the ground and adapt to the terrain. Though, in EDEN you are able to easily position them horizontally, but once imported in Terrain Builder they will follow the ground. As an example, if you were to put a barbed wire on top of a bunker that is on a slope, once imported in Terrain Builder the barbed wire will follow the underneath terrain slope and hence be in an incorrect position.

As a compromise, E2TB assumes that all of those objects are used as normally intended to be: on the ground, following the terrain. This should cover 95% of usage. If you use those objects differently, you will have to manually fix them in Terrain Builder.

This is probably your case.

Best,

r.

18 minutes ago, _SCAR said:

A good start would be you abusing the README. :)

OK thanks :)

Regards,