nikoaton

nikoaton static animations for photography

Basically they are static animations for photography.

They are still in the "alpha" stage, i mean, I am modifying some joints so that they remain as good as possible.

I do not have much to say, my English is not good and when using google translator someone may not understand or be misunderstood.

so, below I put some images of the 80 animations that I plan to release.

9sWH0Pu.png

ytc4mEK.png

IB9K1w7.png

P1K8Oc9.png

SPECIAL THANKS
@Zhivets
@ineptaphid
@direone
@Macser: ArmaRig for Blender
@Alwarren: Arma Toolbox for Blender

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

Nice! i like messing with screenshots in PS, look forward to using these.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RabbitSniper said:

Amazing work my friend!

Thanks @RabbitSniper

8 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Nice! i like messing with screenshots in PS, look forward to using these.

They will be very good @katipo66

the variety of at-ease walk animations would be great to have in-game. it really breaks the immersion seeing a bunch of guys walking the same way in a Line or any other formation.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, inlesco said:

the variety of at-ease walk animations would be great to have in-game. it really breaks the immersion seeing a bunch of guys walking the same way in a Line or any other formation.

I agree with you.

Damn! Going to use these right now. Thanks!

Edit:Just realised they are not released yet :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Damn! Going to use these right now. Thanks!

Edit:Just realised they are not released yet :D

In these days i release the addon for test, but only the friends by steam, is to check that it has no errors or joints out of place. 

3 hours ago, inlesco said:

I think this might help with that-I think it adds more variety of walk animations..Just found ti today, so I have not tried it yet.

@nikoaton No worries. Looking forward to it :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These are great animations. One of a kind if you'd say. There is not a large variety of animations for ArmA III. You have Direone. Rismarck, and the vanilla Arma III MOCAP Animations. +1

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

I think this might help with that-I think it adds more variety of walk animations..Just found ti today, so I have not tried it yet.

i´ve just seen an addon wich is changing the walking animations, wouldn´t it be possible to transfer some of the static animations to actually working anims?

17 minutes ago, eh chaser said:

i´ve just seen an addon wich is changing the walking animations, wouldn´t it be possible to transfer some of the static animations to actually working anims?

Well it doesn't really work by just "transferring". Think about it-a static pose is just that-one pose. But moving animations require you to map out the whole range of movement.

Instead of just positioning a leg or arm in a static position, you would have to map out the whole journey of that arm from at rest through the range of motion to where you want it to be..

It would be a lot more work, and from the sounds of it, it doesn't fit with the idea of this mod-to make static poses for photography.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And +

FMEpO7o.png

pqIvnT4.png

lDdAxNx.png

ML1zRt2.png

rWlt1pu.png

DTBXXbi.png

Ld6PO23.png

03LerbO.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. Now that I've started messing around with custom animations myself I totally appreciate that although they are fairly easy to do, they take a lot of skill and practice before they start looking truly 'natural'. These look great. That first one with the guy looking over the wall is fantastic. Great work!  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thumperdevine said:

Very nice. Now that I've started messing around with custom animations myself I totally appreciate that although they are fairly easy to do, they take a lot of skill and practice before they start looking truly 'natural'. These look great. That first one with the guy looking over the wall is fantastic. Great work!  

Totally agree with you. That animation, I copied it from this photo:

f7fc88ed56e6f48aa5c30d7d37ae5905.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent work. I find myself pouring over the photographs in Osprey guides not only for ideas but simply for an idea of how the body looks when loaded down with gear. Blender is a great tool but it can be frustrating when a pose that looks great in it can suddenly look a bit off, or even downright weird, when you port it to the game and cover the troop up with weapons and different uniforms ('dressing up your little men'. as my partner calls it! :) ).  No problems with that here - solid work in ever screen shot. Really looking forward to playing with these! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thumperdevine said:

Excellent work. I find myself pouring over the photographs in Osprey guides not only for ideas but simply for an idea of how the body looks when loaded down with gear. Blender is a great tool but it can be frustrating when a pose that looks great in it can suddenly look a bit off, or even downright weird, when you port it to the game and cover the troop up with weapons and different uniforms ('dressing up your little men'. as my partner calls it! :) ).  No problems with that here - solid work in ever screen shot. Really looking forward to playing with these! 

Sometimes frustrating to enter and exit the game so that the animation is as good as possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nikoaton said:

Sometimes frustrating to enter and exit the game so that the animation is as good as possible.

Oh yeah, that's a major killer. Export, pack it all up, load it in. discover the last thing you changed to the leg now makes the model look like a ballet dancer...exit the game and start again. Lol, the secret to enjoying you job is to have a hobby that's even more frustrating! Worth it though.

• Like 2

I'm loving these outstanding animations. I've been keeping a constant watch for new animations for quite a long time because I don't know how to animate or pose. Since you've taken some inspiration from a model of a clone trooper, I think you'd be interested in making an animation out of a model of this as well:

latest?cb=20061207162840

Keep up the excellent work! I'll be sure to keep my eyes on your animations and looking forward to use them in Screenshots :D

12 hours ago, Capt. Rigby said:

I'm loving these outstanding animations. I've been keeping a constant watch for new animations for quite a long time because I don't know how to animate or pose. Since you've taken some inspiration from a model of a clone trooper, I think you'd be interested in making an animation out of a model of this as well:

YhsQxWg.png

• Like 5