Gimme, I want those buildings. :eyeheart:

Loving the progress though, as said by Hvymtal, I've been looking forward to a replacement to Celle 2. My community has recently brought it back into their modpack just because we want to do some wonderful cold war era missions throughout the weekend. Along with that, well done with the Unimog it's absolutely fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing the details you guys put into the other vehicles / equipment for Global Mobilization. 

• Like 1

Celle 2 is super abysmal in Arma 3. The colors are totally off. I really don't like it in Arma 3. But I guess in lieu of any replacement I can see why people go back to that old terrain.

As for the release:

Yes, I intend to keep the terrain as a separate Workshop item from the military assets. But I will probably bundle terrain + terrain-assets together as one item. Splitting it up into separate packs of "Terrain", "Structures", "Vegetation" might also be possible in the end, but that is less likely.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mondkalb said:

Celle 2 is super abysmal in Arma 3. The colors are totally off. I really don't like it in Arma 3.

Do you plan to make it a version 3 with all these bugs fixed?

That would be nice, and a serious plus value to your current project.
I remember spending the best campaign in my association on this map.

Very good courage to you for this project which I look for with impatience.

• Like 1

This project is a dream come true. I'm a huge cold war history buff and if you need some extra help with creating official missions for this i would gladly do it! Keep up the great work :) 

• Like 3

The new vegetation looks fantastic. While the CUP vegetation still looks serviceable, I'm happy to see brand new, terrain accurate flora being developed. On the subject of new things, any chance we will see tank interiors for those lovely Leos? Apologies if I missed any statements on the subject.

• Like 3

The table of contents of the old German Armed Forces included an Air Force CH-53. Was that lost in the transition or are you still going to feature it?

zlPfMXb.jpg?1
Should answer that question

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, GalComT said:

Looks absolutely stunning, thank you for the heads up!

5 minutes ago, GalComT said:

so the answer is no then? ;) since the Luftwaffe doesn't operate them, the Heer does :rthumb:

1 minute ago, Asgar said:

since the Luftwaffe doesn't operate them, the Heer does

Not since the "Fähigkeitstransfer Hubschrauber" in 2013. They went back to the Air Force. You don't wanna battle me on this :P

• Like 1

11 hours ago, runy888 said:

Not since the "Fähigkeitstransfer Hubschrauber" in 2013. They went back to the Air Force. You don't wanna battle me on this :P

when exactly is the scenario in the mod taking place again? :tounge2:

40 minutes ago, Asgar said:

when exactly is the scenario in the mod taking place again?

Yeah so what you were trying to say is the army did operate them :P But let's not discuss about this here, I guess we'll just slap a couple o' skins on it and everyone's happy!

Okay, guys, let's stop and self-moderate, here, because all I see is this line of convo getting nastier and nastier.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2018 at 10:03 AM, runy888 said:

You do realise this mod is set during the cold war era, what happened recently will have no effect.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

You do realise this mod is set during the cold war era, what happened recently will have no effect.

11 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Okay, guys, let's stop and self-moderate, here, because all I see is this line of convo getting nastier and nastier.

i love these arguments over obscure german military organization lol. god bless the arma community.

i am more excited for this mod than any other. cold war ww3 is a favorite concept of mine. ive already made quite a few missions using things i've made myself and some other people's mods hacked together. i was a huge fan of cwr2 in arma 2.

i also especially appreciate you actually making local vegetation instead of reusing vegetation from chernarus even though it must be a huge pain in the ass to do. i wish every custom map maker did that because its something you do notice if you know anything about the area in which you're supposedly operating. an example would be the tropical island palm trees on most iraq maps.

if you need any help with textures, especially old and difficult to find uniform camouflage, let me know and i'll try to help you the best i can. i have a small supply of camouflage textures from warsaw pact countries that took me many months to get a hold of. they can be used for uniforms, backpacks, vests, tents etc. as you please.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Woah, incredibly splendid mod!!! *.*

How awesome it would be if you could include sooner or later

a, wearable ABC rubber suits 

and b, among the GDR helmet versions even a helmet with a standard camo like this

http://www.ebay.de/itm/like/263080961657?clk_rvr_id=1481361745958&vectorid=229487&lgeo=1&item=263080961657&rmvSB=true

In case you want to add more authenticity to your German radio protocols, I offer you to send a realistic (=non stereotypical) transcript (in phonetic alphabet or the standard Latin alphabet; perhaps with recorded phone quality examples) of the lines in Saxon dialect since such a way of speaking was fairly common (eg. Leipzig and Dresden being the largest cities of the GDR after Berlin) and I grew up near Dresden (so it wouldn't be so hardcore Saxon dialect and still generally understandable for any Germanophone), as you wish.

I wish you all the best and muuch fun and success with your plans! :)

• Like 2

transcript (in phonetic alphabet or the standard Latin alphabet; perhaps with recorded phone quality examples) of the lines in Saxon dialect

I imagine a voice actor who does not speak with this dialect and just reads from the transcript would only be able to deliver a terrible joke of the dialect.

Its propably much easier finding someone with saxon dialect with a half decent mic for recording than finding someone that can read and pronounce anything written in phonetic correctly AND has a decent mic...

• Like 2

if we're talking radio dubbing for the units, I can provide extremely american sounding german delivered on a cheap mic

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

The dubbing for 8 voices was completed in April last year in a studio environment. Thanks for the offers, but we'll stick to known variables with voice overs and actors. I am not sure if I'll even keep some of the voices recorded so far. It was a lot of effort, and a lot of fun, too. But it clearly showed that direction to the VA needs to be given on site, therefore I will have to pass on any offers from externals.

• Like 8

I love it, cant wait.

But is the Mil Mi 17/8 also incoming ?

This is by far the mod I'm looking forward to the most!

I've just checked your Imgur-Images, and I'm absolutely stunned about how excellent and authentic those vehicles look. If you guys really pull this mod off in it's full extent, it will have an massive impact! I'm more excited about this than about any official game I'm looking forward to. Keep up this stunning work, cause I'm already in love with it! :eyeheart:

Regards

• Like 3