We have decided to release a a small demo vehicle to show the level of detail we are aiming at with GM. It is a standalone addon which will not be part of the final gm addon. The Unimog U1300L for the AAF and the IDAP

Head over to this thread for more information and Feedback.

To Mods, please dont move this thread to addons completed, as we do not consider the demo vehicle being a part of this addon. Thank you.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 9

#justunimogthings

571A6EE59D1DC942BB98D016703243DDBE5029C4

B17495D14768C9BF0B6098ECA5D537B57F55D1ED

Stratis, the cliffs near Kill farm. I actually made it all the way up!!!

There's more in the photography thread in the general subforum. 

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/138904-arma-3-photography-pictures-only-no-comments-and-list-your-addons-used/?page=190&tab=comments#comment-3266865

Just remember to tie down the load...

• Like 2

That truck looks great. Going to use it for a little side mission I have going on.

Incredibly good, this mod, I'm excited and can not wait for the rest!
Thank you for your great performance and the time you have invested in it.

Is there already information or photos about the planned map?
I would be burning interested in the location, which area you have selected from Germany.

Greeting
Obergefreiter

8 hours ago, Obergefreiter said:

Incredibly good, this mod, I'm excited and can not wait for the rest!
Thank you for your great performance and the time you have invested in it.

Is there already information or photos about the planned map?
I would be burning interested in the location, which area you have selected from Germany.

Greeting
Obergefreiter

Second post in the thread mate :)

On 17/10/2017 at 7:43 AM, mondkalb said:

Check this album for some Terrain WIP images:

https://imgur.com/a/neXSr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic, I am speechless, very detailed and harmonious, the atmosphere in the pictures is very good, perfectly created.

Thank you for the Information 

• Like 1

Really awesome that you guys are out there, creating high quality Cold War equipment and terrain, or any high quality stuff for this game at all! Reskins of existing stuff is imo a bit too prevalent, so this is a fresh breath of air. Love the Unimog as well!

Hope if you guys intend to also do something with other countries' military's defending the German border, you'll maybe add some Dutch stuff. 1 NL Korps was to defend a large portion of the North German border in case of war, after all!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zupadupadude said:

Hope if you guys intend to also do something with other countries' military's defending the German border, you'll maybe add some Dutch stuff. 1 NL Korps was to defend a large portion of the North German border in case of war, after all!

On 18.10.2017 at 3:00 PM, GalComT said:

Unfortunatly i doubt we will make french and brits (at this point), due to the fact that they are mainly relying on domestic military equipment, since the focus of GM is still the german armies (east and west), nations that heavily rely on german military equipment (danes, dutch, belgians etc), have a very high chance to make a large appearance as part of GM

:wink_o:

• Like 3

Oh, apologies for not reading the thread properly. All three of those would be lovely!

The Royal Netherlands Army used some domestic/non-German vehicles, like the YP-408 and the YPR-765/AIFV, the two main AV's the armored infantry were equipped with. They also used the various domestic DAF trucks. The Belgian Army used the YPR-765/AIFV too, and also a British vehicle (FV107). Will you guys be making these few specific domestic/non-German vehicles also, or will you only adjust the existing German vehicles to fit these armies?

Obviously it's a ton of work to make these vehicles and it's completely understandable if you'll only use what you have.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zupadupadude said:

Will you guys be making these few specific domestic/non-German vehicles also, or will you only adjust the existing German vehicles to fit these armies?

For now we will mainly focus on what we can cover with german made vehicles (as that is the primary focus), however who knows what will happen in the future ;)

• Like 8

You probably don't need me to say this to you, but keeping the scope narrow is going to be important if you want to maintain the level of quality we saw in the unimog across all of your stuff. Narrow scope means greater individual quality, more stuff people actually want, and a (as yet undetermined, of course) release date that isn't 100 years from now. I for one - and I suspect I'm not alone - rather have a small selection of stuff done really well than a massive selection done good enough. 

Keep up the good work! :)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

You probably don't need me to say this to you, but keeping the scope narrow is going to be important if you want to maintain the level of quality we saw in the unimog across all of your stuff. Narrow scope means greater individual quality, more stuff people actually want, and a (as yet undetermined, of course) release date that isn't 100 years from now. I for one - and I suspect I'm not alone - rather have a small selection of stuff done really well than a massive selection done good enough. 

Keep up the good work! :)

Dont worry, and be patient (its not gonna be 100 years), there is a lot of content (the status of that should also been visible in the first screenshot dump), and you have seen the quality benchmark (the unimog), we are not settling for less. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jirayuth Preechar said:

Will you make other nations like UK and US ? They has base in Germany during the Cold War.

Please check 3 posts above ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 16/10/2017 at 9:42 PM, GalComT said:

Biber

I'm interested in this is a similar system that on the back of the rapidly emplaced Bridge system that can be mounted to hemmits and Man lorrys

Sounds like an awesome project. I'm really looking forward to play a german on german war. I have to test out if I it is possible to throw some early russians together in RHS. Could be possible.... US forces would be more of a problem, but hopefully someone with decent modding skills will make some nice uniforms and a good M16(for that timeframe) that will fill the gap.

Will you concentrate on ground warfare or will there be Jets and Helicopters in the near future? Like the PA-200 and Bell UH-1D... That would be awesome, but I am already really happy with what I saw in the screenshots, really nice work for such a small modding team.

Thanks guys!

3 hours ago, paramedic said:

US forces would be more of a problem, but hopefully someone with decent modding skills will make some nice uniforms and a good M16(for that timeframe) that will fill the gap.

Though there isn't one single mod that covers it, if you combine DeltaHawk's US Military Mod, GSTAVO"s M16A2, and RHS USAF, you can get dead-on 1980's US forces.

• Like 2

(I know that i should ask creators of mods when the next update will be ) but when should we expect the next update in the next weeks or rather months ?

1 hour ago, fan2446 said:

(I know that i should ask creators of mods when the next update will be ) but when should we expect the next update in the next weeks or rather months ?

Asking for release dates on this forum counts as spam, as per our forum rules. Please remember addon making is a hobby, releases and updates will be posted when the mod makers have time. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fan2446 said:

Yes as R0adki11 said against really to ask, but you're better of always assuming that the instant response will usually be:

When it's ready™

• Like 4

Hallo :)

Congrats on the release of the splendid Unimog! I enjoy it a lot, really, really great work of art!
(As you are surely very much aware of, but credit where credit is due, huh?)

Funny story actually: Not too long ago, I was visiting a friend near the German-Dutch border,
where a lot of Nato and Bundeswehr vehicles sometimes casually drive besides you on the Autobahn.

In that specific instance though, I was walking from my car to my friend's house; when this exact Truck
passed by me - naturally I thought to myself: What a pity I won't be able to use that thing in ArmA - in all
actuality it really does look nice!

When I was siting together with that friend and we were talking - finishing the more serious stuff, we
started showing each other stuff on the Internet, just as people do - and among the things I wanted to
show him, was this mod.

When I then opened the browser tab the first entry I saw was the one above regarding the Unimog
- can you imagine how hard I bursted out laughing?  ;'D
Oh, it was magnificent - oh the wonders of ArmA!!

I do have question though: Regarding the map - I don't want to be spoiled too much; but since most of it seems
to be fields, strips of forests and other landscape (which I like a lot) - as there will be new buildings, I wondered:
Will those be enter-able? And if so, in rough numbers, how many of them? E.g. - 20/ 30% ?

Lots of respect for your work!
Best regards, as always,

~ 

Thanks for the anecdote! Glad the vehicle is received well.

About the terrain:
100% of my structures are fully enterable. There are no dummy rooms or dummy doors. Also, they have a partial destruction model. (So you can blow out chunks and still have the remainder left standing).

Edit:
An old WIP picture from when I was making the partial destruction tests.

• Like 19

Will the terrain be available separately or is it included just as part of the whole package?

As an aside, it's very nice to finally have a proper replacement for Celle as far as a cold war Germany map goes

• Like 1