Thank you.....soo happy more cold war !! Looks great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this and cup 85` = best thing ever

would like to see Slats comments that you are cooperating right now (merging projects) :P

• Like 2

Glad to see it getting a fresh thread of its own. Have to say that this project is looking amazing, myself and a lot of my friends are looking forward to get our hands on this mod. (Hopefully sometime soon.) We love the era following with the fact we've really been wanting to get a hold of some really nice West & East German content. Looking forward to the release and for future updates, very good work!

Fantastic! Looks really amazing.

Funny thing is... BI went futuristic with their game, while the majority of the community seems to feel more strongly connected to the past (World Wars, Vietnam, Cold war etc). Somehow new equipment and gadgets make killing so effective, it kinda takes the sport out of it? Am I right? :)

Either way, looking forward to this :) Looks amazing already! Good luck!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, markocro said:

this and cup 85` = best thing ever...

And the CSLA mod!  Don't forget that one. It was one of the best A2 mods available and came with an awesome campaign. All three mods together will give us the US military and the Bundeswehr for the NATO side and the Soviets, DDR and Czechs for the Warsaw Pact side. If we can get a few more combatants for each side, we could be in Cold War Heaven!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, scimitar said:

And the CSLA mod!  Don't forget that one. It was one of the best A2 mods available and came with an awesome campaign. All three mods together will give us the US military and the Bundeswehr for the NATO side and the Soviets, DDR and Czechs for the Warsaw Pact side. If we can get a few more combatants for each side, we could be in Cold War Heaven!

Now all we need is someone to do a mod for NORTHAG :satisfied:

Edit: No, i'm not asking you guys to do it i'm just saying thats the only thing we dont have a mod for now :rofl:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

As GM will also provide elements of other nations present in NORTHAG ( eg Belgian and Dutch forces), this might not remain a dream. Tho first step will most likely be LANDJUT (Danish, German)

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

Yep! That would add the Brits, Dutch, Belgian and French militaries to the lineup. Add the Poles and Romanians and that would give us the largest militaries from both sides. It's unlikely that all of those armies and their equipment will ever make it to A3 but we can always dream. :grinning:

1 minute ago, GalComT said:

As GM will also provide elements of other nations present in NORTHAG ( eg Belgian and Dutch forces), this might not remain a dream. Tho first step will most likely be LANDJUT (Danish, German)

I could see you guys adding the Dutch, Belgians and Danes if you wanted to do additional factions since theres common equipment there but i wouldnt expect you to do any BAOR assets thats a pretty big ask :grinning:

2 minutes ago, scimitar said:

Yep! That would add the Brits, Dutch, Belgian and French militaries to the lineup. Add the Poles and Romanians and that would give us the largest militaries from both sides. It's unlikely that all of those armies and their equipment will ever make it to A3 but we can always dream. :grinning:

I think the British Army of the Rhine is a bit beyond the capacity of GM since theres not alot of common equipment used between them and West Germany, Denmark etc and doing it might be a strain on their resources... It'd be nice if there was a mod for it but i dont think us brits are that popular in the cold war :scratchchin:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scimitar said:

Unfortunatly i doubt we will make french and brits (at this point), due to the fact that they are mainly relying on domestic military equipment, since the focus of GM is still the german armies (east and west), nations that heavily rely on german military equipment (danes, dutch, belgians etc), have a very high chance to make a large appearance as part of GM

• Like 5

If you guys don't do French or Brits, there's always the possibility that one of the other Cold War mod teams or someone else might do them. A lot of the assets are already out there in other A3 mods and a lot of the models have been created for some of the A2 mods and by BIS themselves, that could be updated or converted (to earlier variants) and ported to A3. Considering that, there's always the possibility that a new or existing mod team will fill in some of the gaps. The CWR2 mod for A2 proved to be very popular (and still is) and many expansion packs were released for it that covered several real and fictional nations. Hopefully, that will happen when the Cold War, in all it's glory, comes to Arma 3. I truly hope that as these CW mods are released, that A3 players will see why the CW era is so fondly remembered by original OFP players and others and join those of us that already love the era.

• Like 3

Absolutely love what I am seeing here!

Looking forward to more :)

Hypetrain is accelerating! CWR2 was one of my favorite A2 mods, and it's nice to see it reincarnated.

This is awesome, I can imagine putting together quite a few good cold war scenarios between Unsung,Cup 85, CSLA, and this.

Side note , if you ever did expand it, you could do like CWR team did you have your major factions, and then smaller minor factions, with infantry maybe or a vehicle or 2.

9 minutes ago, Kansiov said:

Hypetrain is accelerating! CWR2 was one of my favorite A2 mods, and it's nice to see it reincarnated.

We already have CWR2 reincarnated in the form of CUP:85 :f:. GM is a totally different scenario, but one i am looking forward to. 

• Like 5

Awesome, great idea! Love the scenario idea.

Stoked! Amazing work, as always by you guys!