SgtTibet

What Is LOD And How Can I Get Rid Of It?

I'm new to Arma. I mostly play KOTH and I play with +2000m object distance. However,trees near usually doesn't have textures on and when I go nearby grass and tree textures spawn. Also while I look for enemies with my sniper scope strange graphical bug appears on trees and I guess people call this LOD? Is there anyway to get rid of this because I can't concentrate while some trees spawn and dissappear. 

LOD is level of detail,

move away farther from an object and the object is replaced with a lower resolution variant so you aren't seeing high res objects from 3 km out.

What do you mean popping in and out?

BTW - Level of detail is there for a reason, and isn't going away

LOD, or Level of Detail is essentially a system of lower fidelity/quality renders of objects. This is done to balance performance by reducing engine and hardware strain. If high-quality, up-close objects were rendered at all distances, the engine would probably cry and your computer would probably explode. They are used at a distance where generally they are not very noticeably ugly to the eye, so that the general image remains intact. Of course, when you zoom significantly with a scope, these differences become much more pronounced. Unfortunately, the way scopes work in Arma, there is no dynamic rendering with scopes, so you will see through the scope from where you are standing, not from where the scope is zoomed to. Where you are standing most things are going to be loaded in somewhat ugly LODs. Additionally, there is a system in place that makes things you cannot see not render, such as things behind houses or outside of your field of vision. This system is also much more pronounced when using a scope since the field of vision with a scope is so narrow. The rendering and LODs in Arma are a little rough and can be pretty noticeable when playing, its just how it is sometimes and you have to learn to ignore it or look past it and see the game for its many other merits.

If things don 't have textures at all, then your game files are corrupt and you should use the "verify integrity of game files" tool in the "local files" tab of the arma 3 steam properties window. This tool will find the files that are corrupt and re-download them hopefully correctly. Or go buy a legal copy if you haven't, for illegal players buying a legal copy is pretty much the cure-all, as the illegal copies can often have many issues.

You cannot disable any of this unless you illegally modify the game files, it is not a setting it is a core engine feature. And if you did that, like I said earlier, you would never be able to play anything because the game engine wouldn't be able to handle it, your computer wouldn't be able to handle it, and every game server would see you illegally modified the game and would automatically insta-kick/insta-ban you.

No I paid for the game it's not illegal :D. I will try Verifying The Files. I don't have problem with the LOD at long distances. But the thing that annoys me is foliage and some bushes keep popping up near me while I'm driving or running.