SgtTibet

What Is LOD And How Can I Get Rid Of It?

I'm new to Arma. I mostly play KOTH and I play with +2000m object distance. However,trees near usually doesn't have textures on and when I go nearby grass and tree textures spawn. Also while I look for enemies with my sniper scope strange graphical bug appears on trees and I guess people call this LOD? Is there anyway to get rid of this because I can't concentrate while some trees spawn and dissappear. 

• Like 1

You don't need to worry about LoD. It's when the game replaces textures and the model with a lower resolution version at a distance so you don't lag like crazy. What you're experiencing sounds like a run of the mill graphics issue.

I would try verifying the integrity of the game files on steam, if you haven't tried that already. Some game files may be corrupt.

Here's how to do that (if you don't already know how):

1. Go to your Steam games library

2. Right click on ArmA 3

3. Click "Properties"

4. Go to the "Local Files" tab

5. Click "Verify integrity of game files"

On a side note, are you using an AMD graphics card by any chance? Most of my buddies who have graphical issues on ArmA tend to be using AMD cards.

But this occurs even in the tree 20 meters away my character. It looks like a paper tree and when I come near textures spawn. Also the foliage. 

Hmm, strange. If verifying the files doesn't work, I'd probably check to see if your video drivers are up to date.

Are you using an older computer? Perhaps your hard-drive is having issues loading the textures or something like that.

ArmA LoD system is not a static thing, it can change its behavior based on current performance measurements for example. So a tree that might behave one way at a certain distance in an empty mission might behave differently when there is a lot of stuff going on in the screen.

Sorry for late replying. I got used to it after playing. I played KOTH for some time now. It still happens but I don't care anymore. For example : after I spawn at base i turn around and look at a tree nearby, it leafs suddenly spawn and then I turn back and look at the same tree and leafs, branches spawn again. Sorry for me English 

Sorry for late replying. I got used to it after playing. I played KOTH for some time now. It still happens but I don't care anymore. For example : after I spawn at base i turn around and look at a tree nearby, it leafs suddenly spawn and then I turn back and look at the same tree and leafs, branches spawn again. Sorry for me English