_SCAR

Yaw, Pitch and Bank

All,

Is there any way to retrieve the yaw, pitch and bank coordinates, when in a map, that correspond to the ones in 3DEN (X, Y, and Z in the rotation property of an object)?

BIS_fnc_getPitchBank and getDir do not return those values at all.

Any inputs?

Thank you,

_SCAR.

BIS_fnc_getPitchBank doesn't return anything at all?

Sounds like that may be something that needs fixing, should be working regardless.

No, it does return values but as stated in my first post they are nowhere near the values in 3DEN. 

As stated on that link, you need to be in EDEN. 

28 minutes ago, _SCAR said:

As stated on that link, you need to be in EDEN. 

Yes, I honestly don't think it's possible to grab eden properties without having the interface present.

I guess you are sol

it's not about EDEN properties, it's about an object position in a map and how to retrieve it in a way that it matches its original definition. 

1 hour ago, _SCAR said:

it's not about EDEN properties, it's about an object position in a map and how to retrieve it in a way that it matches its original definition. 

yes I understand what you mean, what I am saying is that they may not translate the same as if they were in the world.

To calculate the values of 3DEN you should find out what they actually are, i.e. what unit and what kind of coordinate system, what kind of angles, value range etc.

We know this for both commands you noted. getDir for example returns a value between 0 - 360 in degrees and it is working counterclockwise starting with the north direction at 0.

If we assume X,Y and Z are Euler angles than one of those definately corresponds to the value of getDir. It might be that they use a different unit like radians instead of degrees or a different value range (-180°-180°) but it would be possible to calculate the 3DEN value from the getDir command. So, since I dont know what kind of values are used in 3DEN I cannot tell you exactly how to calculate them, but maybe someone knows that or you do some measurements to find out some hard facts. For example do you need a value of 90 or Pi/2 to rotate something by 90°? That would give a hint about the unit.