genesis92x

Windows 10 Creators Update - FSM Compile Problem

Hey all - just thought I would give a heads up and/or see if anyone has any known solutions.

Since I was foolish and updated my Windows PC to the windows 10 creators update I have been having weird issues with the newest, and older, versions of the FSM editor.

After updating my machine the FSM Editor refused to open up any .FSM file stating, "Cannot open! File not found."

After reinstalling ArmA 3 tools, I would get this error when attempting to compile my FSM's

https://imgur.com/a/UUjMJ

After setting the compiler, and the FSMEditor to Windows 7 Compatibility, and to run as administrator the application would again load FSM's. However, now I am getting a new interesting error. Any FSM's will fail to compile multiple times. "FSMCompiler.exe has stopped working." is the error that pops up. Funny thing is, when I save multiple times in a row (sometimes 30+ times) it will eventually be successful and update correctly in the mission.

This issues happens regardless of the complexity of the FSM. However, I noticed that smaller FSM's will have a higher chance of compiling.

I am not sure if this is a specific issue to my machine or not, but it started happening directly after several windows updates today.

Things I have tried to fix this problem:

-Clearing out \AppData\Local\Bohemia_Interactive\ folder.

-Reinstalling ArmA 3 Tools (Multiple restarts as well)

-Running program as administrator/windows 7 compatibility

-Disabling Windows Defender and Malware bytes

-Verifying integrity of game cache for ArmA 3 Tools

-Trying to run an older version of the FSM editor

-I am using the scriptedFSM.cfg compiler

Here is a link to a video showcasing the problem...You can see that it successfully saves twice in the video (When the cmd box pops up for a split second and disappears).

This FSM in the video produces 0 errors and 2 warning (Multiple INPUTS to a single condition).

In case people in the future have this problem,

I fixed the issues by slowing deleting chunks of the FSM and seeing if the save problem persisted. The goal was to see if it was certain parts of the FSM that became corrupt or were now causing a problem after the Windows update.

Eventually I found out that it appears that something had changed in my FSM that was causing an issue. Well, I found out that it was a single FSM block. The FSM block was simply called "Attack" and the code within was "private _t = time;"

Oddly enough - once I delete this FSM block, and re-created it, the FSM is now compiling with 100% success. Such an odd issue, I am not sure what caused it.

Another oddity I have NEVER encountered with ArmA.

This following code, after the FSM failing to compile, starting popping up everywhere in my mission file:

<<<<<<< HEAD

=======

Not sure what/why this happened, just an odd error.