das attorney

Battleye - Malwarebytes false positive??

Hi,

I'm setting up a server and when I activate Battleye, my Malwarebytes flags an incoming packet as malicious every so often coming from 95.79.251.124.

The IP address isn't my IP (server is in my home).  Also I thought it might be the battleye master server but this page lists it as 81.0.236.111

Not sure what to do here - is this normal, or something fishy going on?

Here's the report:

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com
-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 10/15/17
Protection Event Time: 9:33 PM
Log File: 13df41ca-b1e8-11e7-96b9-6cf049510d2c.json
Administrator: Yes
-Software Information-
Version: 3.2.2.2029
Components Version: 1.0.212
Update Package Version: 1.0.3017
License: Trial
-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System
-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, , Blocked, [-1], [-1],0.0.0
-Website Data-
Domain: 
IP Address: 95.79.251.124
Port: [2303]
Type: Inbound
File: C:\Games\Arma3\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3server_x64.exe

I'd say you possibly got some malware infecting programs on your box. I'd probably run some scans with Malwarebytes and probably get another tool to check for rootkits if your server is running a 32 bit OS. If it happens more than a few times there is no way its a one off "oops I sent the packet to the wrong IP". 

By all the info on the whois registry it looks like a datacenter, although it could be fake. 

Only other thing i can really recommend is uninstall battleye completely then reinstall with fresh files from the official website.

On 10/18/2017 at 9:19 AM, austin_medic said:

I'd say you possibly got some malware infecting programs on your box. I'd probably run some scans with Malwarebytes and probably get another tool to check for rootkits if your server is running a 32 bit OS. If it happens more than a few times there is no way its a one off "oops I sent the packet to the wrong IP". 

By all the info on the whois registry it looks like a datacenter, although it could be fake. 

Only other thing i can really recommend is uninstall battleye completely then reinstall with fresh files from the official website.

Thanks for the reply.

I've checked with Roguekiller, GMER, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and all looks clean.

I've also deleted all copies of Battleye dlls from my server profile and game folder and let Steam rebuild them, then copied them over.

I'm still getting these weird incoming packets though (only when Battleye is active).

One of them is from what looks like a French server: 149.202.64.23  ???

Anyway, I've blocked them via Firewall.  Here's the rules if it's helpful for anyone.

5.158.0.0/16

5.159.0.0/16

194.44.0.0/16

149.202.0.0/16

95.79.0.0/16

I've just realised I was being silly.  I checked my firewall logs and it's just players around the world looking in their server browser.  My server is obv discoverable so they ping to get the details for it to come up in the list.