Sign in to follow this  
DragoFire

A-6e intruder bomber public beta

dont know if you know or not, but the A6 called "test A6" has a problem with the laser designator, ie it doesnt work sad.gif

but the folding wings is a cool touch

Dec04.jpgtounge.gif

When I played the latest beta everything was fixed correctly. The gear took some time to come up but it did just fine. It still could use more decals though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 21 2002,22:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I played the latest beta everything was fixed correctly.  The gear took some time to come up but it did just fine.  It still could use more decals though.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes the gear goes up fine on mine to when you are the pilot as well as when the AI takes off from a runway. However...

Try starting off as a gunner in the Intruder Bomber and set the plane to "flying" so that it starts off in the air. Now look at the gear. Is the gear up? On mine the gear is stuck in the down position. It's not a major bug since normally I wouldn't be "gunner" on the bomber except in MP games, but it could be if you have an Ai team mate flying while you drop the bombs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The gear is down even when I just have A-6s flying around totally controlled by the AI (flying CAS, etc.)

Otherwise, I am VERY impressed by this aircraft. I love it. Especially the folding wings.

I did notice that the engine sound was very high in the cockpit, I think its a lot quieter on other planes, though external noise is louder.

I'm looking forward to the other variants, new textures, the landing gear fixed and the finished cockpit. You've got a great, great start, otherwise.

Guest BratZ

I played with this a bit..its very nice.Great Job!!!

The underside of the aircraft could do with some texturing and there is too much black around the cockpit.The nose shouldn't be black and neither should the canopy frame.The markings could be worked on a bit more as when the aircraft was used (I'm thinking of during the Vietnam War) US Navy aircraft had high vis markings, not like the subdued grey that today's USN aircraft have...a6_06.jpg

The nose also looks slightly short and the engine fans seem too bright,they should be a darker colour or at least silver,not gold..lol biggrin.gif

Apart from these observations,it's good to see realistic features like the speed (or lack of) of gear retraction and weapon loadouts.

And Acidcrash, ripple dropping of bombs is a welcome feature in my opinion as it adds realism...It was quite rare for A-6s, heaviest bombers available to the USN, to drop just a single bomb, as it would destabilise the aircraft, and more bombs=higher hit probability wink.gif

Anyway,the idea is great and with a bit more work (sorry) this is on the way to being a great addon! biggrin.gifwink.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Jan. 22 2003,03:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The underside of the aircraft could do with some texturing and there is too much black around the cockpit.The nose shouldn't be black and neither should the canopy frame.The markings could be worked on a bit more as when the aircraft was used (I'm thinking of during the Vietnam War) US Navy aircraft had high vis markings, not like the subdued grey that today's USN aircraft have...a6_06.jpg

The nose also looks slightly short and the engine fans seem too bright,they should be a darker colour or at least silver,not gold..lol biggrin.gif

Apart from these observations,it's good to see realistic features like the speed (or lack of) of gear retraction and weapon loadouts.

And Acidcrash, ripple dropping of bombs is a welcome feature in my opinion as it adds realism...It was quite rare for A-6s, heaviest bombers available to the USN, to drop just a single bomb, as it would destabilise the aircraft, and more bombs=higher hit probability  wink.gif  

Anyway,the idea is great and with a bit more work (sorry) this is on the way to being a great addon! biggrin.gif  wink.gif  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i never said ripple dropping was bad, but i think you should have the option not to ripple, especially on the Mk84s as i hate trying to attack 1 small target and firing only to see half my payload go...besides, you can always press fire twice (or more)

Payloads (GBU's, MK's and Rocket Pod's) can be designed to drop in a burst/carpet-bombing style, what I've done is set the space between payload drops, this can allow carpet-bombing if wanted.

As for a Mk-77 napalm bomb, it's in the design plan, just need to model the bomb and make/find a napalm script.

I'm doing the textures, but am only using PS4 as someones lost my PS6 CD. sad.gif (this making the job had as version 4's not designed for win2k.)

The cockpit is going though it third redesign.

I'm hoping to have an updated beta uploaded in the next week.

DragoFire

Man when I saw this pop up i thought he had released it. Haven't seen this thread in some time. wink.gif

Yeah I thought the same thing... guys please don't rehash this old post here. There's already a thread on it in the "Addon & Mod: Work in Progress" section of the forum.

I was thinking, "FINALLY the new A6!!!" but alas it was was not to be. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Any more updates on the A-6E will be in the following forum topic so please post there.

I'm update information there, and won't be updating this topic till I've get the next/Final beta ready.

regards,

DragoFire