haleks

Armaholic, how did this pass under your radar?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33358

I mean what the heck... Aren't submissions supposed to be approved by someone?

Mission makers :

Just because Arma is a game doesn't mean we have to turn off our moral compass (for Christ sake, the last DLC is all about that).

Have some decency, and do not turn a real event, especially one that happened a few weeks ago, into a friggin game.

If you need to explore a "sadistic" gameplay, take some distance, remain in the boundaries of fiction and imagination (just like any other game, like GTA, Carmageddon and such).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Disgusting and inhumane as this piece of garbage is, you know that this isn't the armaholic forum?

ah, thanks, I came here to report this, too. Just to let you guys know. Disgusting, out of place and not even farest related to the spritit of Arma. Please, for the sake of the Arma and the general gaming community somebody do something against these kind of "missions", this is a no go. And don't come me with censorship.... At least Armaholic should check this

• Like 1

BI needs to get out ahead of any type of media report. If there is going to be a news story, better that it be about Armaholic for giving a platform to a scenario like this.

• Like 1

I think if this mission doesn’t come down immediately that it could make national news. And not only will that reflect poorly on us as a community, but it would also be incredibly painful for the victims and victim’s families to see their tragedy depicted like this.

Bohemia will also likely face backlash for this and they certainly don’t deserve that.

This is in remarkably poor taste, is absolutely disgusting, and needs to be removed. The mission maker should also be banned.

@foxhound please do something about this.

• Like 5

3 Hours..and that thing is still up.  Even on the front friggin' page of Armaholic.

@foxhound  This is unacceptable.  Take that garbage down and ban that moron.

• Like 3

I hate to see anyone get banned, and I don't care much about the news, but this is just way too far, and completely in appropriate. I'm at a loss for words.

If this stays up on Armaholic, I'll be requesting that ALL of my Projects be removed and will be switching over to Steam.

@foxhound you are better than this. We all love you and your site. C'mon brother.

• Like 4

Chiming in on this.

What's worse is, that it was posted at 8.27 am CET, so that makes it almost 9 hours now, without any action. How this managed to reach the front page of Armaholic baffles me. A sad day for the Arma community, a sad day indeed. Not to mention all of the families and people who were, and still are, affected by this horrible tragedy. Total lack of respect towards them.

• Like 1

Stupid flippen kids I swear to God.  

Oh go figure its a satanist too.  "opec666" the author.  

Adding my voice here too. Armaholic need to remove it immediately. It is not only distasteful to the memory of those killed and their families but they do a disservice to the whole Arma community that they purport to support.

It's a red rag to a bull if the news feeds get hold of it. It's nothing like making ISIS units and the UK Daily Mail made a sh*t storm of that, this one goes well beyond tasteful boundaries.

• Like 2

Here is a quote of what a Moderator wrote on the comments of that mod:

Feel free to come up with comments related to this release in a sensensible way to show what you think of this user and his mission, instead of typing some faul language in all caps

So literally.. A Moderator has seen it. And chooses to go against people badmouthing it instead of going against the mod.

Armaholic literally approves this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, dedmen said:

Here is a quote of what a Moderator wrote on the comments of that mod:

So literally.. A Moderator has seen it. And chooses to go against people badmouthing it instead of going against the mod.

Armaholic literally approves this.

Come on mate, stop the drama queen and wait for Foxhound to reply.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't think it's necessary at all for this thread, best you can do is report it. 

It is sad to see this popup on the front page, and even worse to see a modedit in the comments. 

However jumping to an assumption and saying Foxhound supports this in unfair. For all we know it hasn't been looked at since the reports/comments.

Even if he does. So what. This thread will do nothing. It's a sick twisted 'scenario' that's best left off the front pages. All this thread does is draw more attention to it.. 

• Like 1

At a minimum it needs to come off the front pages of Armaholic. So people don't keep seeing it. Let it get buried among all the other mission files. Then there isn't any censorship.

Foxhound himself or not, someone he trusted with managing his income is making these decisions. Jig86 on reddit put it perfectly: 

...Then again, he's probably hoping the buzz will bring traffic to his site and maybe get a few more premium subscribers out of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/75xguh/las_vegas_shooter_mission_released_on_armaholics/

• Like 1

I don't believe anyone has directly said that Foxhound supports it however the fact remains that it has been published,  promoted on Armaholic and passed the website's moderation system which most of us feel is an unacceptable state of affairs since this reflects badly on our whole community.

The problem is dumb ass kids thinking everything's a joke and a lack of compassion or regard for human life.  

I have already reported 12 separate missions with the same theme on the Steam Workshop. . This guy claims to be doing this so that people can supposedly test ballistics to disprove some of the conspiracy theories floating about. Despite the fact that he is using vanilla weapons-so the ballistics are totally different. And the building is a different height...and none of that makes sense.

I don;t understand why you would make such a horrendous thing, then try to legitamise it as if you are doing something noble..Stupidity or delusion..one or the other I suppose.

• Like 8

@haleks

See if you can put a vote at the top of this thread, maybe the overwhelming support from the community will help get it brought down.

Just now, ineptaphid said:

I have already reported 12 separate missions with the same theme on the Steam Workshop. . This guy claims to be doing this so that people can supposedly test ballistics to disprove some of the conspiracy theories floating about. Despite the fact that he is using vanilla weapons-so the ballistics are totally different. And the building is a different height...and none of that makes sense.

I don;t understand why you would make such a horrendous thing, then try to legitamise it as if you are doing something noble..Stupidity or delusion..one or the other I suppose.

My guess is, that that person is nothing more than a troll.

To be honest, I am torn on this. I'm not one for censorship of any kind, but am still offended by this. That being said I don't think my offense taken, or anyone else's warrants it being taken down. It is, without a doubt, morally reprehensible to make and release this especially as it is shown in somewhat of a humorous light(referring to the anime chick in the kill counter). I do however worry about BIS and the backlash them and this community will receive when this gets to the media. BI and Armaholic are not countries beholden to their people. If they want to take it down they can.  In doing so they will surely be setting a precedent. Now if a mission maker responsibly shows civs dying(as they do in conflicts), and someone finds it offensive, what then? It's now Armaholics or BI's responsibility to set a standard? What's ok and what's not? Not to mention how horrible war(the basis for this game) is in the first place. I'm very glad to see the outrage from the community about this. It makes me proud to be a part of it(especially as an American in a community of many from all over the world). But, like I said before, I am torn.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, nesias said:

My guess is, that that person is nothing more than a troll.

He is on Arma Discord. And was already flagged for misbehavior. And reading his last posts.. He's not trolling. That's how he really is.

7 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

@haleks

See if you can put a vote at the top of this thread, maybe the overwhelming support from the community will help get it brought down.

Or how about this, what about someone pinging a developer and letting them decide? Surly they have some authority here or am I wrong on that? @ineptaphid ? Thoughts?