THEBULLSHARK

Setting up TrackHat Head Tracking in ARMA 3

Hi All, 

I am trying to get my trackhat clip plus working in arma 3 and hitting some issues. 

If anyone here has the ability to help me it would be appreciated as I would love to get it up and running. 

Thanks.  

39 minutes ago, THEBULLSHARK said:

Hi All, 

I am trying to get my trackhat clip plus working in arma 3 and hitting some issues. 

If anyone here has the ability to help me it would be appreciated as I would love to get it up and running. 

Thanks.  

where does one star in helping with so much information as to what the exact issue is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

where does one star in helping with so much information as to what the exact issue is.

The issue I have is that the software is functioning (opentrack) and recognising the clip properly but in game it has no effect even though I have enabled it as a controller. 

I was hoping to come across someone who has set this up in arma 3 before. 

4 minutes ago, THEBULLSHARK said:

The issue I have is that the software is functioning (opentrack) and recognising the clip properly but in game it has no effect even though I have enabled it as a controller. 

I was hoping to come across someone who has set this up in arma 3 before. 

IN what way did you enable it. what  exact options come up in the section in game menu. go in and look now and report back.

2 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

IN what way did you enable it. what  exact options come up in the section in game menu. go in and look now and report back.

So the process I have currently tried to enable it is menu>controls>Controllers>Trackir then enable trackir. 

Im not sure why it is showing as trackir as it is from trackhat but my guess is that this is just the way arma recognises the device. 

8 minutes ago, THEBULLSHARK said:

So the process I have currently tried to enable it is menu>controls>Controllers>Trackir then enable trackir. 

Im not sure why it is showing as trackir as it is from trackhat but my guess is that this is just the way arma recognises the device. 

no track ir is the correct one. regardless of which one you are using.

you may have already watched this.

at the end have you used the correct protocol.

Just now, teabagginpeople said:

no track ir is the correct one. regardless of which one you are using.

you may have already watched this.

I believe this video is 4 years out of date. 

I have done all of the steps as show in the video though and mine doesn't work in game. 

The only difference I noticed in that video is that freetrack was an option in the controllers which is isnt in mine.

7 minutes ago, THEBULLSHARK said:

I believe this video is 4 years out of date. 

I have done all of the steps as show in the video though and mine doesn't work in game. 

The only difference I noticed in that video is that freetrack was an option in the controllers which is isnt in mine.

You should activate freetrack in your ARMA 3 profile txt file. It is situated i your doc. directory 1)C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\your ingame name.txt (for default profile) and C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3Arma 3 - Other Profiles\your ingame name.txt(for other profiles)
There you should find a line: freetrack=0 ,change it to freetrack=1, save it
2) DO NOT START freetrack before the game . First start the game, ALT+TAB it and then start freetrack.Thats al

try see is this still relevant..

obviously if it does work you will need to do the enable in controller setting.

10 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

You should activate freetrack in your ARMA 3 profile txt file. It is situated i your doc. directory 1)C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\your ingame name.txt (for default profile) and C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3Arma 3 - Other Profiles\your ingame name.txt(for other profiles)
There you should find a line: freetrack=0 ,change it to freetrack=1, save it
2) DO NOT START freetrack before the game . First start the game, ALT+TAB it and then start freetrack.Thats al

try see is this still relevant..

obviously if it does work you will need to do the enable in controller setting.

Awesome I will give this a go thanks for the advice!

Opentrack is working and being supported.

Using Opentrack you need to disable Freetrack output in output options. Have just TrackIr output enabled.

Start Opentrack Before the game.  Is the squid moving with your head?

If it is, start arma 3, Enable TrackIr in controllers.

To clear some things out.

Freetrack stopped development in 2008 and it is not supported by 64bit version of arma3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, venthorror said:

Opentrack is working and being supported.

Using Opentrack you need to disable Freetrack output in output options. Have just TrackIr output enabled.

Start Opentrack Before the game.  Is the squid moving with your head?

If it is, start arma 3, Enable TrackIr in controllers.

To clear some things out.

Freetrack stopped development in 2008 and it is not supported by 64bit version of arma3

ahhh I figured something up with all the dates showing up. cheers vent.

I work with OpenTrack, this is the script in the profil file 

class trackIRClass
{
    enabled=1;
    ownSettings=1;
};

Input/Output and Filtersettings in openTrack:

PointTracker1.1

freetrack 2.0 Enhanced

Accela

opentrackczs5q.jpg

If you are speaking german you will get more Information at my Youtube Channel (german language).