@Oysterizer Sorry for the late reply.

You don't have to unassign a role with a dedicated command. Just call this soldier by his number.

By default all soldiers are in team White. If you have someone in any other colour team and want him out you can simply put him in team White. 

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions please consider joining our Discord which is a bit more lively than the forum. Here's the link for anyone interested:

https://discord.gg/MF7TAzU

• Like 1

More than a year after the original release Speakeasy 2.0 is almost ready. These are the most important changes: 

• The unique feature Fluid Commands finally allows you to speak naturally with your AI. There is no need for the typical robotic breaks in your commands any more. We achieve this with voice commands that include calling your unit or units and the instruction in the same command. This is a new level of controlling the AI.
  • We created a new training scenario which is eight times bigger than the old one. It offers more options to try commands from the vanilla game and the supported add-ons. The compound where you can practice combat against enemy AI is not only bigger but also more diverse and hopefully more interesting.
  • There are several new custom voice commands which make your life as a player a bit easier. 
  • Version 2.0 lists almost three hundred new commands that can be spoken. The new Fluid Commands feature adds a few hundred thousand more but don't worry – Voice Attack can handle a profile of this size.

All new features are complete and have been thoroughly tested multiple times on different systems. Existing features have been checked and updated where necessary. A few more international keyboard layouts have been added. All that is left to do is to put all files into a downloadable package. As we are spending Christmas with our families we cannot give you an exact release date right now but it is just a matter of days. 

Merry Christmas everybody!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Speakeasy 2.0 is now ready for download. Find the link in the first post. 

You will find the new training scenario in the download package. Those of you who subscribed to the old scenario on the Steam Workshop are kindly asked to subscribe again. We took down the old Workshop page and replaced it with a new one for the current version of our scenario. All existing subscriptions have been lost in the process.

• Thanks 2

Hi,

When I instal voiceattack with the manual, I got the problem with the keyboard. My default setting keyboard is in french (by the way, sorry for any mistakes, i am not really bilingual 🙂 ). When I lauch voiceattack, I have the standart error message

12:20:03 - Reverting to default: US English
12:20:02 - https://docs.zoho.eu/writer/open/b8w4690f5386e6fd14e15853b58481843b4f5
12:20:02 - To fix it yourself or get help, please refer to the Speakeasy manual for help at:
12:20:02 - You might experience few commands not working.
12:20:02 - Keyboard layout not supported: Français (67896332)

So, I have tried to change my keyboard setting in Us via the voiceattack option (lower right with the adjustable wrench). In General, I change the keyboard display layout in US.

But that still show me the same error ( saying that I am still in french keyboard). Do you know how to fix that.

Also, I delete the key for select all unit like said in the manual, and wrote 41 in the keyForceCommanding line, but when I press ² (standart keyboard for selected all unit in Vanilla) in game, the key is still on and select soldier who follow me. Any suggestions?

watwat

This system is amazing,it makes a huge difference...

when i assign a unit a role,such as MG,i get a audible confirmation in a robotic voice saying "MG1 assigned",how do i disable this?

Thank you for using Speakeasy!

It is very easy to disable voice confirmation: Start Voice Attack and open the command in question. Look for the feedbackTTS section in the editing window. Disable or delete the voice confirmation. If you like you can enable a simple confirmation beep instead of the spoken confirmation. For illustrations and details please refer to the chapter "Enabling feedback" in the Speakeasy manual.

If you don't like the robotic nature of the default Windows voice you can replace it with another one. There are commercial voices which sound more natural. The shorter the spoken message the less obvious is the difference between the standard Microsoft voice and a commercial voice. Though Speakeasy confirmations are as short as possible there is no denying that commercial voices sound better. Have a look at this Wikipedia page about CereProc if you are interested in commercial voices: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CereProc Last time I checked CereProc charged 26 GBP per voice. Compared to the competition this is not a bad price and I think the quality is quite good. But I still use one of the standard Microsoft voices on my PC.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, Alpha-Kilo said:

It is very easy to disable voice confirmation

Define "very easy", Just opened the profile in a text editor to do a quick regex search...almost 700 entries to edit, and thats only for the beeps!

Is there no other way to completely disable all feedback other than manually deleting every single one?... Nothing worse than having that beep/voice chime in every time you issue an order >.>

If not...then i think i'd rather just create my own, since i don't need half the stuff in there (mod specifics, don't use em).

Hope i don't come across too harsh, sorry if thats the case, in a bit of a bad mood today it seems, and can't understand why every profile creator insists on having a robot yell your command back to you lol, i can see clearly if it worked or not.

Quick note tho, deleting the sounds effectively kills the beep, well kind of, more like exchanging it for timeout errors for not being able to find the file 😂

(Off-Topic, Total of 37 Captchas had to be done to login & make this single post!...seriously BIS?)

2 hours ago, Stolen Byte said:

Define "very easy", Just opened the profile in a text editor to do a quick regex search...almost 700 entries to edit, and thats only for the beeps!

Is there no other way to completely disable all feedback other than manually deleting every single one?... Nothing worse than having that beep/voice chime in every time you issue an order >.>

If not...then i think i'd rather just create my own, since i don't need half the stuff in there (mod specifics, don't use em).

Hope i don't come across too harsh, sorry if thats the case, in a bit of a bad mood today it seems, and can't understand why every profile creator insists on having a robot yell your command back to you lol, i can see clearly if it worked or not.

Quick note tho, deleting the sounds effectively kills the beep, well kind of, more like exchanging it for timeout errors for not being able to find the file 😂

(Off-Topic, Total of 37 Captchas had to be done to login & make this single post!...seriously BIS?)

@Stolen Byte  Unfortunately your hope is not fulfilled and you do come across too harsh. But obviously you expected this and already apologized so I'll do my best to answer your questions. But I think I should hold my answer back until your mood is better.

@Stolen Byte

The idea of Speakeasy is to offer more features than a standard Voice Attack profile could. (See the opening post for details.) At the same time we want it to be as customisable as possible. This makes Speakeasy a bit complex but the provided manual helps the reader understand how everything works and how the user can change Speakeasy to his liking. The section Commands To Control The Profile lists several voice commands which allow you to disable and enable audible feedback for the whole profile without difficulty (which is one of several definitions of „easy“).

If these voice commands work for you there‘s no need to create your own profile. But making your own profile is not a bad idea, at all. This way you will get something that is perfect for your needs. But you can safely delete any unwanted commands from the Speakeasy profile. In our manual we even recommend to delete unwanted voice commands because this may reduce the risk of false positive recognition.

I am not in a position to speak on behalf of „every profile creator“ but I can tell which considerations led to the choice of audible feedback in Speakeasy: The beeps are ideal for checking whether or not a command is recognized by Voice Attack. The spoken feedback is mainly used in commands where the game itself does not give direct visible or audible feedback. Some spoken confirmations may try to be immersive. What is or is not desirable is highly subjective, of course. So we made it possible to activate existing beeps, existing spoken confirmations, both, or none, either for the whole profile or individually for each command. Deleting the sounds is not what we suggest in our manual and you found out why.

I also don‘t like captchas which make you click traffic lights, zebra crossings, etc. Thanks for taking the trouble of going through 37 of them just to post your message. Alternatively, you could have joined the Speakeasy Discord linked in the opening post.

[EDIT: Disregard. Turns out it was a faulty keyboard/touchpad  driver install issue after a Windows 10 update cycle. F7, F9 and F12 keys didn't work.]

[EDIT 2: No, it's the TrackIR app using those Functionkeys which some how traps them. I didn't realize that SpeakEasy also expects other key-combo's for it.]

I'm having issues selecting soldier #7 and above by speaking "seven" or "soldier 7". Only when I address it as "unit 7" will it be selected. I don't have C2 as mod installed, but as workaround that is the solution I have to take. Up to and including  #6 everything works fine.

For example, I can select #2, #4,#6 in one go like "2, 4, 6" or "Soldier 2, 4, 6" and assign them as a team color. But when doing the same for the uneven ones, #7 (and above if they are in my team) will not be selected. "3, 5, 7" or "Soldier 3, 5, 7" will only select 3 and 5. Voiceattack does recognize I speak 357 or "seven" according to the log.

Any idea what might be happening here?

First of all, thanks for your work on the profile and for making it freely available.

> Detected keyboard layout: Spanish (67766281)

> Keyboard layout not supported: Spanish (67766281)

Is there anything I can do to correct this error myself?

It's just a normal Spanish Microsoft 'Wireless 850' keyboard, so I don't know why it isn't recognised.

Cheers.

Edit: Talked to Woofer on Discord, and got a patch for the KeyboardLayout command.