JohnKalo

[SOLVED] DLC Dependacies

Tried to find an aswer to this but I couldn't so here it goes:

Can players that have not bought DLCs play missions that use DLC assets?

As far as I have understood assets can be used without creating dependacies with the:

a)Malden DLC

b)Laws of War DLC (Buying it just gives you the possibility to drive the truck)

The ones that create dependacies are:

a)Marksman DLC

b)Apex DLC

How about:

a)Karts DLC

b)Helicopters DLC

c)Jets DLC

All of this free to try in the editor and such has got me a bit confused and I would really like to know what's going on in order to report the correct addon dependacies in our missions.

Dependencies*

Can players that have not bought DLCs play missions that use DLC assets?

yes.

As far as I have understood assets can be used without creating dependacies

No. (dependencies*)

If you use DLC assets then every player needs to have them. Which is not a problem because every player has all the DLC content (besides Tanoa map). Doesn't matter if the bought it or not.

DLC vehicles are generally restricted in that you can't drive/fly them if you didn't buy the DLC.
People will get watermark overlays if they use DLC Items. Which people will not like.

• Like 1

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Oh so adding items such as crate boxes and such from DLCs will not cause dependacies.

4 hours ago, dedmen said:

People will get watermark overlays if they use DLC Items. Which people will not like.

By use you mean driving them or having them in their inventories. The LOW van for example can be parked and locked for decoration purposes and there will be no watermark overlay there. Correct?

3 hours ago, helicopterenthusiast said:

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Oh so adding items such as crate boxes and such from DLCs will not cause dependacies.

By use you mean driving them or having them in their inventories. The LOW van for example can be parked and locked for decoration purposes and there will be no watermark overlay there. Correct?

Correct.
If you wear DLC clothing or carry DLC weapons or weapon attachments then you will get watermark.
The Items just laying around somewhere don't do anything... besides laying around.

• Like 1