For the time being, I currently have "Vibora" uniforms - blue with red sigil for enlistees and silver sigil for officers. Helmets are in there, too, and I promise they look even better. You can also find "61JTF" helmets and fatigues, for that O-13 style soldier.

The gentleman who did that mod in your link was on my mod team for a short time. 

I could very well be blind but I do not see any men other then vibora pilot. 

Just now, jandrews said:

I could very well be blind but I do not see any men other then vibora pilot. 

Ah yes. You have to assemble them in the Arsenal, save the loadout, and then export. Open a new mission and place a soldier, then open his properties. Paste into the init box and save. When you start the mission it will have his loadout.

Just now, Polyus said:

Oh yes!! why did you change the names though?

This was for avoiding legal problems - a suggestion by one of the BI forum admins. 

• Like 1

Woot! 1500+ Steam Workshop subscribers in three days! That's a decent start, I think.

It's still a work in progress, but since people are playing with it, Admins, maybe relocate this thread?

• Like 1

On 18/11/2018 at 8:33 AM, jandrews said:

3121027856_19aafdaa27_o.jpg

COME TO PAPA!

Otherwise, great start to this mod!

Here is someones work for cobra skins. I am sure other than helmet the uniforms are in here to use and everything is probably vanilla parts. Maybe.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15061

Use the gendarmerie uniforms!  are ready with the blue PASGTs

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, zukov said:

Use the gendarmerie uniforms!  are ready with the blue PASGTs

Or you could use the blue Vibora (formerly Cobra) uniforms I put in there. There are also green 61JTF (formerly GIJOE) uniforms.

This would be a good habit to get into, since I plan on making interchangeable insignia placements. Officially, I must release this without using trademarked images, but who am I to stop the end user putting on his/her own artwork? ;-)

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 11:22 AM, scotg said:

Or you could use the blue Vibora (formerly Cobra) uniforms I put in there. There are also green 61JTF (formerly GIJOE) uniforms.

This would be a good habit to get into, since I plan on making interchangeable insignia placements. Officially, I must release this without using trademarked images, but who am I to stop the end user putting on his/her own artwork? ;-)

First, again great release.  Looking forward to many more updates.

Not trying to hijack  this thread.  Just adding  link so others with same idea will have access to it.

In the meanwhile I am slowing attempting to configure some ai loadouts and figure out a method to have then spawn.  Here is a link to the thread. If anyone like me needs to see what I am doing to copy it. Here is the link.

If anyone has better method please add to the thread.

The script goal is to make ai loadouts, export and use for spawning ai for missions.  

Good news for players wanting ready-made Fight For Freedom soldiers to place into their missions. @ravendk, who developed a GI Joe mod for Arma 2 and a Danish Forces mod for Arma 3 (you've probably seen them), has supplied me with code that should allow this. I don't have a time frame, yet but be on the lookout for select-able Vibora and 61JTF human units in the first Alpha patch.

• Like 4

@SCOTG - I got this work working in ARMA and wow... Love playing around with it so far. For the Firebat, when I load it into the Editor, it is black. Is there a selection for it to be RED?

Need to figure out how to configure Wild Weasel in his red flightsuit and Helmet for the Rattler.

I cannot find the HISS Tank.

Lastly, what is everyone using to fly the Helis? I use mouse for flight but my sensitivity is preset to FPS/Thirdperson mode, while in flight, it is super slow. Very long turn radius in flight for example. I have to set my sensitivity very high for flight, but when I land, its too high for FPS.

I use a joypad for cars. Tanks I use the mouse to control the turrent as aim is more accurate in FPS mode.

PS: I love the Trouble Bubble. Definately so much fun to fly it.

Now we need a Cobra Island Mission template for Tanoa to be perfect. Even just to walk around it would be amazing!

@Valken,

Thanks for the "wow"! I'm super glad people like this mod, even though there's much work to be done.

I have to use my official changed names, so just stay with me while I respond.

The Patrol Pod (aka Doom Blister), is flying much better than I expected. Two days before I was set to release the alpha, I decided to try and get it flying better. The effort paid off, and I'm glad you are having fun with it.

The black hellwing is the only hellwing for now. I was testing a few colors, and stopped with black/red. Don't worry; a more familiar red scheme will return in a future patch or version. Also, there will be gray ones, dark red ones, maybe chrome ones, and color options for the leading edges on all main colors. There will be flat, glossy, chrome, and sheen materials on this jet, as well! It's a lot to do for now, but they will come.

I do not have a Diamondback pilot model, yet. You might have to wait a little longer for "Furious Ferret," the infamous Vibora pilot. He will most likely come out with the Beta.

These changes and more will come in the future. This will be an ongoing project, so the wisdom of Yoda comes to mind: "Patience!" :smile_o:

The Komodo is the black tank, named after a lizard that hisses. HINT HINT

I use the F710 gamepad for all driving and flying. It works great with helis, IMO. I usually stay on kb/m for turrets, but sometimes I will use the gamepad (on the Varmint, for example). I also use TrackIR while playing, which is great in combination with the F710.

I never released it, but I had a Cobra Island map for Crysis 2. It was developed from the Comics version of Cobra Island, the one with the marooned cargo ship that was trapped when they raised the island from the ocean. It was very cool, but then again creating Crysis levels was a lot of fun. For my needs now, a future version of the island would have to be inspired by the one on the posters and toy packaging. I just think the layout is better, bigger, more diverse, and makes more sense for such an organization.

@ SCOTG

My pleasure! It's like being a kid all over again... then again, I don't think we ever grew up like how our parents wanted... :D

I will try to fly again with a joypad and see how it goes. My kids are having a blast and asked "where are the girls?" :D I told them "Burgundy" and "Lady G" are on their way... going to try to arsenal bash it Zee's F3male, Zabb's and Max' Women mod... Unsure what to use for the Baroness...

For Serpent Isles... (old school Ultima reference) can you link some of your old map pictures?!

One of my old kid fantasies... ok... I dream about it once in a while even now... is to see a fully 3D realized Corbra Island with Terrordromes from the animation... And we need Castle Destro or a D.U.M.B chock full of black market "business" products... The walk around would be crazy with today's game engines... 

I will try to clear some of my work baggage and do more testing... Definitely you putting you on my Christmas list to support.

Edit... Fffffffffffff....

I just typed in a bunch of comments from testing and clicked on the back button by accident... ...

I won't go into each vehicle now because its a pain for me to type it all again but here are the main points:

Check collision lights on heli and planes. many do not work

Check gun bullet origin as many are off in planes and heli

Check gun smoke origin as many are off in planes and heli

Tanks need cross hair for gunners

Check headlights on all vehicles. Varmit not working, Vamp can have highbeam due to 4 lights? Some of the planes have the wrong headlight origin. Patrol Pod headlight is in the seat for example.

Vamp and Cobra counterpart bullet shell origin inside the cockpit.

Gunner for above hand position needs realigning

Driver Foot pedal in Vamp needs to be checked.

HISS commander needs position reset. it is way too low.

Need interior lights, nvg, thermal mode for tanks. It is way dark in there.

All cockpit dials should light up when headlights on at night.

For Venom and Trouble bubble, any chance to tie free look to the gun position for gunners?

Gun on hellwing, and patrol pod are crazy powerful pushing back the vehicle if on land for example. Funny in the air.

Water Moccasin is a work in progress.

Rattler cannot board the back gunner. Understood it is a work in progress. Check all the gun bullets, gun smoke and light origins as it appears off in outside and 3rd person mode.

Black Bear turn radius is very bad. All tanks should turn quick due to the tracks.

For cars, seems it is 2 WD? I was drifting like crazy on those things. This is compared to base ARMA 4WD vehicles.

Would like a Civilian Buggy and Vamp. 4 Door version too. Those are way fun to just drive.

Good feedback. Documents and project information links are provided on the FFF! Workshop page, in the description. There is a "Known Issues" document, which covers most of what you've said. Common issues and whatnot are listed in its General Issues sections, and then some specifics are listed for each asset/vehicle/model. In addition to that, other players have also already posted most of the issues without checking known issues. 

9 hours ago, Valken said:

Water Moccasin is a work in progress.

This is true of all assets, in various degrees, so this basically sums up all the vehicles. The "Swamp Raider" airboat has the least amount of configs, rigging, and artwork on it.

Feel free to report issues, but just keep in mind that most of the things people report were known before the release. I hope this saves people time and trouble. I can really appreciate the enthusiasm, so maybe it would be great for a list that has suggestions and requests only. Basically, I know all about how broken this Alpha Release is, but it's great to hear that you'd like civilian and 4-door versions.

The Shock Hopper is RWD on purpose, but the other cars should be 4WD. They have better speed and force you to really use caution when driving, so if you're drifting, then maybe check your speed? That being said, I do need to work on the Puma's handling, as it seems to jump too high off burms and mounds. 

Support and contributions are excellent and much appreciated! I hate to sound like a broken record, but please see the Workshop page for skills needed and other ways to contribute.

Lastly, here's a folder with old mods: Old Mods. The Cobra Island folder should be in there somewhere, but it might not be as exciting as you are hoping. I don't have the the Terror Drome in there - just a construction spot for it. It looks kind of like the quarry on Tanoa, but remember this was made ten years ago. What is does have is a cave in the marshes, with waterway access. The marsh area was deep enough for small boats, but shallow enough for vehicles like the VAMP (I was using real names for that mod). You could race a VAMP against a Water Moccasin in that portion of the island. I'm not sure if I have that mod anymore, and I definitely don't have that game or its mod kit anymore, either. I do, of course, still have my models used for the CryEngine mod, but my current models are far better looking. Feel free to browse the other folders; they have more vehicles for older game mods I've made (non-Arma).

As for the females... I'm at a loss for that, for now. Besides the obvious visual differences, women move differently than men. A proper female representation would require all new animations, using female-proportioned skeletons, and it would have to be done for every weapon, every vehicle, and every item, in all possible stances. It's very likely that all gear would require new female versions for fit, as well. Mod devs with custom vehicles, like mine, should also do the same for vehicle positions. Once that's all been done, you now only have two human bodies, to be frank. Forget about height differences and gender-specific body type differences; those would all require new poses and animations for everything.

@scotg

No worries. I don't use Steam Workshop feedback due to all the SPAM mixed in. The community there is somewhat toxic compared to BIS forums with a bunch of wankers talking sh*t as my colleagues says, hence I keep my comments here.

I will read through the notes again there. I've been having MAJOR crazy Steam Workshop issues so I had to download and install this and many new mods off ARMAHOLIC instead. It kinda sucks that we have to wait a few days between ARMAHOLIC vs STEAM WORKSHOP release, but ARMAHOLIC is mostly rock steady vs the mess that WORKSHOP is.

Regarding females, I completely understand your development point of view.

My suggestion is to coop that feature with Zee, Max, Horrible Goat, Zabb and others who have made female mods in the past and working present to bash up some characters as fillers for now. Yes, those females are Amazons with crazy big hands but hey, they look good enough for most of the part with some simple or not so simple texture recolors until ARMA 4 or better comes out for us to all move over. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1451755886&searchtext=female

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779555792&searchtext=female

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=374775446&searchtext=female
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=107410&searchtext=female&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=items&requiredtags[]=Mod

I don't see ARMA 4 until 2020 even for early access as BIS is still cranking on their Enfusion engine. Would be super nice if BIS ported the DayZ female models over to ARMA 3 as a base for ARMA 4 development, wouldn't it... Looks at BIS - nudge nudge, hint hint...

Thanks for the link to the files. I do have Crysis installed but will see if I have any free space to poke around your map. I just want to see a full blow Cobra Island layout in 3D. 

For the Terror Drome, I don't think you should make it exactly at the toys or comics or even animations but inspired by it. I mean, if it was "realistic", the layout would be way more complex.

One game mode I've been playing on has been ESCAPE. There is a custom bunker there that players have to hack the comms to call in rescue helis. The bunker layout if expanded up like 20x the size could be a Terror Drome with stone walls, and slotting in a battery of defense guns. The center can be laid out to host all the necessary departments to run a full fledged military organization. One thing I love about ARMA is that you can do limited underground by dropping the base template onto some specific maps or using the 3D model of the underground parts into a new map - check out these maps with its D.U.M.B system:

Eladeen for Operation: TREBUCHET Halo mod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33794

Esseker 

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28815

I heard Unsung 2.6 for ARMA 2/CO, Nam, FATA, and Kunduz maps also have underground bases.

If you want, I could spend some time to locate it and take snap shots. But I think at best it would only be inspiration for someone to actually make a real 3D terrain with full underground system. I remember Rocket was going to do it for DayZ before he left. Its too bad we have to wait for someone to pickup on this.

Sorry for the long brain dump. I am just so excited for this mod. The only other Franchise other than GI Joe that really gets me up in the morning would be a Half Life Black Mesa and X-Com mashup mod for ARMA. GI Joe vs Cobra vs Alien Invasion / or dimensional travelers would be my ultimate game.

4 hours ago, Valken said:

Thanks for the link to the files. I do have Crysis installed but will see if I have any free space to poke around your map. I just want to see a full blow Cobra Island layout in 3D. 

It's just pictures... maybe I can find the playable map. I'm not even sure what the file would be anymore. Have to dig.

No worries on the map! Pictures good enough to get an idea. Looking at the pictures it seems like a pre-cursor to Tanoa with the setting. We can use Tanoa as placeholder and do placement of structures to simulate a Cobra Island.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:15 AM, Valken said:

PS: I love the Trouble Bubble. Definately so much fun to fly it.

On 11/27/2018 at 1:18 AM, scotg said:

The Patrol Pod (aka Doom Blister), is flying much better than I expected. Two days before I was set to release the alpha, I decided to try and get it flying better. The effort paid off, and I'm glad you are having fun with it.

Someone else had said it gets pushed back from firing the weapon, so I had to go back and re-test. Turns out that was an understatement. The push back is a more powerful force than the thrusters are. Holding down the fire button, it "pushed" me 10k meters high in a matter of 10 seconds. Also, the higher it goes the harder it is to fall; for some reason it just kind of floats even with engines off and no forward speed. Last thing I forgot to mention: it doesn't steer, and I don't know why. As I said I was making a last minute adjustment just to get it off the ground (it was worse than the Swamp Raider is now). It just needs better rudder control, and I don't understand what's causing it to fail.

It seems I'm better at making the pretty vehicles than getting them to work.

I fired up Arma today and tryed this in the Editor.

I love this, it brings back sooo may fond memorys.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic work, keep it up! I am really enjoying getting some Joe vs Cobra action!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's going on man. Just wanted to check in! I'm currently working on a project with another guy on something that's been in the works for a while, but I wanted to let you know that it is in my plans in 2019 to get a server up with a simple G.I.JOE theme. Does your mod have legit server keys? I definitely plan to use your vehicles and soldiers. I'm also making a custom main menu screen with loading screens and a GI JOE theme. The words "G.I.JOE" will not be there but it will be obvious to any fan of the cartoon or comic book from the 80's. There will also be a custom in game UI, etc.

Hi @Donnie_Plays!

I have no idea about any of the server compatibility stuff. LOL. I haven't tested it even in MP, tbh.

I'm obviously still working on the project, but it's at a slower pace. I've started another position working on vehicle models for a AAA game, so my time is divided. It's a situation that I couldn't avoid since this mod is gaining popularity, but barely any new patrons.

22 hours ago, scotg said:

Hi @Donnie_Plays!

I have no idea about any of the server compatibility stuff. LOL. I haven't tested it even in MP, tbh.

I'm obviously still working on the project, but it's at a slower pace. I've started another position working on vehicle models for a AAA game, so my time is divided. It's a situation that I couldn't avoid since this mod is gaining popularity, but barely any new patrons.

After reading the known bug reports for this mod... I don't think it's going to happen now. Just too many things are broken that I can't fix. Probably will not work well for a server just yet. However... I may consider doing some mission related stuff with it. Might be able to pull that off easier.

• Like 1

I think that's wise.

LOL

I did warn everyone that it's still early in development. As such, FfF! is really more of a playable preview to what it could be. The mod concept is an ambitious project - but easily tamed with just a little help. A major part of why it's available during development is an attempt to find such help. I'm just struggling to find available, interested, and capable helpers, and meeting these criteria is a rare combination. To compound the issue, and the reason why this project should be done, is that many of the vehicles and gear require special functions that separate them from the vanilla game and most other mods. It's not the only mod to sport unique assets with outside-the-box functions, but it does have a lot of them (and even more to come!) in one package. However, players seem to love it (or at least the idea of it), despite it needing much work. The mod more or less came out of nowhere as far as most Steam users are concerned, and gained respectable popularity in a very short time despite its unexpected release. The great thing is they don't have to be GI Joe fans to enjoy it, simply because of the diversity it proposes to offer.

@scotg I would love to help you but I don't understand ARMA code or config syntax. I am not an artist either but if there were some grunt work, you can post a job description and see if the community can pitch in whatever ways they can.

Also, you should do more updates to get the Patreon support. It is a give and take, do an update, get more support, do more updates and such but you have to make the first move which you already done with the preview. I know this since I work in product development myself.