Sign in to follow this  
Dost Thou Even Joust

Question about a certain type of gameplay

Hi,

I played ARMA 2 a lot, a game type called something like BE Warfare where a single commander on both teams could build bases, defenses, etc and you could order AI controlled troops/vehicles and fight over the island. I'm looking for an active server for whatever that game-type is called in ARMA3. Does anyone have the name of a sever that is well populated for this type of game play? I can't find any. Assuming this game play was ported over to ARMA3, seemed like a fairly popular game-type in ARMA2

It was CTI Capture the Island in Arma 2. was my favourite game mode.

Now there are other CTI servers for Arma 3. but the base structures haven't come with Arma 3 as the game mode was not included in it.

The server s that play CTI in Arma 3 use normal arma 3 structures, and in my opinion is not as good as it was in Arma 2.

Right now, I am playing CTI mode in Arma 3, called EUTW European Tactical Warfare. Is the same but removing the commander and the base building is all about capturing the sectors of the map and using predefined bases.

http://www.eutw.net/

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:15 PM, esfumato said:

It was CTI Capture the Island in Arma 2. was my favourite game mode.

Now there are other CTI servers for Arma 3. but the base structures haven't come with Arma 3 as the game mode was not included in it.

The server s that play CTI in Arma 3 use normal arma 3 structures, and in my opinion is not as good as it was in Arma 2.

Right now, I am playing CTI mode in Arma 3, called EUTW European Tactical Warfare. Is the same but removing the commander and the base building is all about capturing the sectors of the map and using predefined bases.

http://www.eutw.net/

EUTW has a great game mode however they are not a true CTI. You need to find the OFPS community/server (see my info below) to witness how much more CTI has become in A3.

Question, just how many of these CTI threads are you going to resurrect?

Just curious.

For the first time CTI appeared in 2003, in Operation Flashpoint
Later, MFCTI, crCTI, KICTI began to appear.

In Arma 2, many editorial missions of CTI appeared  Warfare

Each CTI mission has its own character and features.

• Like 1

On 09.10.2017 at 9:14 PM, Dost Thou Even Joust said:

Hi,

I played ARMA 2 a lot, a game type called something like BE Warfare where a single commander on both teams could build bases, defenses, etc and you could order AI controlled troops/vehicles and fight over the island. I'm looking for an active server for whatever that game-type is called in ARMA3. Does anyone have the name of a sever that is well populated for this type of game play? I can't find any. Assuming this game play was ported over to ARMA3, seemed like a fairly popular game-type in ARMA2

https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/arma3.noip.me:2402/

4 hours ago, lex__1 said:

For the first time CTI appeared in 2003, in Operation Flashpoint
Later, MFCTI, crCTI, KICTI began to appear.

In Arma 2, many editorial missions of CTI appeared  Warfare

Each CTI mission has its own character and features.

Warfare CTI witj all needed sets and buildings was first introduced with 1.16 update in ArmA Armed Assault. It brought a significant boost in MP activity at it's time in 2008.

in ArmA III warfare CTI was refined...now its lost.

For europe (ping less than 100) there are basically only 2 servers that regularly run their own version without mods based on Benny's work: BECTI

All other servers like WASP, OFPS simply use too much mods.

9 hours ago, Beagle said:

Warfare CTI witj all needed sets and buildings was first introduced with 1.16 update in ArmA Armed Assault. It brought a significant boost in MP activity at it's time in 2008.

in ArmA III warfare CTI was refined...now its lost.

For europe (ping less than 100) there are basically only 2 servers that regularly run their own version without mods based on Benny's work: BECTI

All other servers like WASP, OFPS simply use too much mods.

JMW , Arma2.ru CTI server BECTI  Arma3 does not mods use. 

Ping does not have a strong influence on the lags. A weak server and not optimized missions are a source of strong lags.

32 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

JMW , Arma2.ru CTI server BECTI  Arma3 does not mods use. 

Ping does not have a strong influence on the lags. A weak server and not optimized missions are a source of strong lags.

You just mentioned that 2 servers I wrote about. Ping is an issue if you want to play as a team, if you and another guy have 100 ping its adds enihgh to have desync and it makes using the same vehicle or even driving behind that player quite a problem. A lot of sudden magic accident happen that way.