jakeplissken

Keyframe animation system in DEV.

On 09/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, Andres97 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this does not work on dedicated and multiplayer, right?

I tried to use it to animate a big temple gate opening and when testing in dedi it just skips the animation.

It's supposed to work in a MP environment, with a few considerations to have in mind, for example, an animation fully done in 3den without any scripting interaction will be simulated locally on every connected machine, which in some specific cases, where the animation may affect the game play,  it would probably be better to have the animation being simulated only on the server which already replicates the object position to the clients keeping the server as the object position authority while losing the smoothness the local simulation has. 

Meanwhile, I will take a look at this specific case with the dedicated server, feel free to report any other issues you come across. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, neokika said:

It's supposed to work in a MP environment, with a few considerations to have in mind, for example, an animation fully done in 3den without any scripting interaction will be simulated locally on every connected machine, which in some specific cases, where the animation may affect the game play,  it would probably be better to have the animation being simulated only on the server which already replicates the object position to the clients keeping the server as the object position authority while losing the smoothness the local simulation has. 

Meanwhile, I will take a look at this specific case with the dedicated server, feel free to report any other issues you come across. 

The module "camera_F" has two typos in the tooltips of "Show HUD" and "Show Cinema Borders"

3 hours ago, neokika said:

Okay, so I did a few tests with this in dedi.

First try, a mission already made, with lots of things, animation "wouldn't work" object skipped to end position after timeline was completed.

Second try, tom's example mission, it "worked" but it skipped certain points, what I mean is that the animation wasn't fluid, it skipped pieces of the 'track'.

Thanks for you help.

it would probably be better to have the animation being simulated only on the server which already replicates the object position to the clients keeping the server as the object position authority while losing the smoothness the local simulation has. 

Is there a not to complicated way to do this? Hope I'm not asking for too much.

Hello,

I would like to test if the keyframe animation framework can be used to taxi planes on the Nimitz from elevator to catapult. For this purpose I would like to set up the keyframe animation objects by scripts rather than in Eden. Unfortunately I fail to figure out how to do this successfully. I created a timeline logic object and this seems operational, but the synchronized curve and key and object don't seem to be. I've placed the init.sqf at https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/26249888/ and a sample mission at http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/nimitz/missions/[sp]anewtaxi.Stratis.7z . The sample mission includes the init.sqf.

The mission is composed of two timelines:

1. A completely Eden based timeline with curve, key, and object: The plane taxis from cat 3 to cat 2 and takes off then
  2. A half Eden based timeline with curve, key: The spawned plane is assigned to the curve via _curve synchronizeObjectsAdd [_plane];

Unfortunately the 2nd approach doesn't work for me and the spawned plane stays stationary. The mission uses the Nimitz and F/A-18 mod.

Any ideas what's wrong?

The module does not work in 3den for me since late January.

Impossible to animate anything by following the Tutorial.

Do you have the same concerns?

It's currently broken on the Stable branch. Have you tried using it on the dev-branch? Last I checked it was working fine on there.

It seems that if you place down the Camera module after playing a scenario in 3DEN, it breaks the 3DEN camera. Looks like it's making the camera created by the module the active camera rather than the 3DEN camera.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 1:42 PM, neokika said:

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but, I've been playing with this lately and I have the keyframe working in SP. When I move it to a Dedicated Server, the animation will not play or is extremely choppy. Is there a recommended way to make the animation play? Just looking for advice.